Sally Hansen Inspired by Carmindy Natural Shine Lip Gloss

Sally Hansen Inspired by Carmindy Natural Shine Lip Gloss
Inspired by Carmindy Natural Shine Lip GlossInspired by Carmindy Natural Shine Lip GlossInspired by Carmindy Natural Shine Lip Gloss

4.3

on 12/14/2010 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got these on sale and let me tell you now I know why. I don't like the applicator, it's a long tiny brush and the bristles are not firm enough to control easily. The gloss it self is sheer that's not a big deal but the flavor is a mild plastic taste. I felt like I was back in elementary playing with my kit of flavored lip glosses again, note those tasted better than this. Not much else to say. Shine was okay I guess, just as good as the Maybelline glosses but not worth the money. Yucky taste

on 6/29/2010 4:02:00 PM

I'm buying these like crazy because they're marked down so much and I hope it's not being discontinued. My favorite thing about this gloss is the applicator brush. All the other l/g brushes I've bought you squeeze the gloss out through the brush and it's so hard to get the right amount, I usually end up with way too much and have to sweep away the excess with my finger. This is dipped just like a doe foot applicator but instead it's a lip brush. The gloss is not as good as my favorite Revlon Super Lustrous (not as opaque and just a tad bit stickier) but it's still very good and I wear it constantly. Love, love the brush, wish more l/g's would follow suit.

on 6/22/2010 2:03:00 AM

I really hope these aren't being discontinued but my CVS has marked them down to 75%. They were 1.99 and I used $2 coupons from Sally Hanson's website to get them for free. I have six colors and am pleased with them all. They are natural and more of a subtle enhancing gloss, to bring out the color that you already have. They have a high end feeling when you put them on and the texture of the brush is nice. They also have a pleasant scent like fruit extract/oil. I especially like Moonlit Mauve and Sugar Plum, since they are violet based and go nice with cool skin tones.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

These may be discountinued. They have been clearanced by two drugstore chains near me already this yr.

In general, Sally Hansen makes great glosses and these are no exception. They are sheer and gel-like with a brush wand. Like a lot of SH glosses, they are also prone to separating in the tube. They have a strong scent that is hard to describe. It's strong and is like the type that you get with "no fragrance" products. It has that smell that it will go rancid real quick like a Nars gloss.

I got 3 colors for $3 and will be okay throwing these out when I cant stand the smell anymore. SWEET NECTAR is a sheer peach with subtle shimmer. Very nice but I can get the same look with Revlon's LIFE'S A PEACH which has the same retail price. MYSTICAL MAUVE is a brownish pink that looks nude on my lips. MOONLIT MAUVE is a sheer mauve. All are very wearable with my NC35 complexion. continued >>

on 4/24/2010 10:34:00 PM

I picked this up on sale at ULTA for only $3. I got the clear gloss with golden sparkles, (sorry I forgot the name) this gloss reminded me of my MAC instant gold lustreglass on my lips. It's super moisturizing and glossy, and not sticky at all. I love it, but I think it's getting discontinued thought :/

on 3/1/2010 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I got this in Sparking Champagne and I really like it. It has a nice little brush which I usually dont like for gloss, but this one I dont mind. The color is a pretty nude. It also has a nice scent to it.

on 1/31/2010 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I bought two of these on a whim at rite aid because they were 75% off. They're fantastic! I bought two, and may go back for more. Not sticky or goopy, and the best part is the brush applicator. I don't think I will be buying high end lip glosses any more.

on 12/27/2009 11:34:00 PM

I got this lip gloss in a sparkling champagne color (the name escapes me) but I found this to be very thick. It can be sticky but not any more so than any other lip gloss. I like the natural makeup and this is a good line. Overall not bad, I would go and look for more colorful shades though.

I got another one today (7/28/10) in the cherry color, which is bright red. In the tube there are some sparkles. It was 75% off at CVS so I got it for $1.99 when its originally $7.99. STEAL!! :) Anyhow, I don't own red lip anything- no lipstick no lipgloss, so I thought why not? This is actually decently pigmented. My lips looks like theres a sheer wash of red. I don't see the sparkle as much on my lips as I do in the bottle. It didn't feel overly sticky either. This did not have the same consistency as the one I have described above. Overall very good red lip gloss. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm quite picky about lip gloss and am quite impressed by this gloss. I was on the hunt for a gloss that would give me some glazy shine but look natural as well, close to the shade of my lips, not "made up" at all. I got this in two colors, Moonlit Mauve and Sugar Plum. The Sugar Plum is kind of a pink-red-brown, but there's a little too much red in it for what I was looking for. This is supposed to be a "shimmering" lip gloss, and the shimmer is apparent in Sugar Plum, but not in the Moonlit Mauve, which has proved to be perfect for my "natural look" -- it's a medium pink color (it appears more mauve in the tube, but not on my lips) -- quite similar to my natural lip color, and one coat gives me a nice shine, two coats deepen my natural color. I love this gloss because 1) it's not sticky, so I enjoy wearing it, and 2) The brush applicator works very well and allows you to be precise in applying it and also does not create a gloppy mess around the top of the tube. It smells nice too! Will repurchase.

on 3/8/2009 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love this lip gloss. I have it in bronze berry which flatters my NC 42/43 skin all year round! The color is sheer and it leaves behind a shine that lasts for a while!