Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo
Did my sister's wedding makeup. Brow Powder DuoBrow Powder DuoBrow Powder Duo

4.3

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I like my brows to look full, soft, defined and natural. I have SO many brow products - pomades, pencils, regular eyeshadows, brow wax, brow mascara - but am never satisfied with the look of my brows. I do like the look of eyeshadow the most out of all brow techniques.

I wanted this product for so long but couldn't justify spending $23 on small eyeshadow compact (basically, thats what it is) when I have so many Mac eyeshadows and a 60 color E.L.F. eyeshadow palette. Surely, one of those eyeshadow colors would make my brows look good, right? For so long, I would use Mac "Espresso" eyeshadow to do my brows. This didn't do it for me, my brows still looked heavy and dark. Playing around in Sephora, I did my brows with the the color "Chocolate" and had to purchase.

The color combo in "Chocolate" is perfect for me. I line the arch and tail with the darker color, and fill in the front and middle with the lighter shade. My brows look a hell of a lot better and so natural.

The compact is lightweight and has a small mirror for you to use. I doubt I will ever use the mirror.

I'm glad that I purchased. I apply this with a Mac 208 eyebrow brush.

on 4/27/2015 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I originally bought this duo powder set back in 2010 in the ebony shade I believe and I still have it and use it. The product comes in two brown colors. I have used up most of the lighter brown shade but still use the darker shade since my hair is dark and I think I know how to use it better. You are suppose to use the lighter shade for the fine ends of the brows and the darker shade for the arch. I find the powder lasts all day and is easy to apply with the angled brush and and spooly wand. I personally think powder looks the most natural of all the brow products (gel, pencil, powder) but only if you already have eyebrow hair.

I wear my brows natural but use the powder to fill in the gaps. It's easier to apply and blend when I apply the NYX brow wax to my brows first. This way the powder has something to adhere to.

on 12/17/2008 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was kind of disappointed by this; it's an okay product but not great, and I don't find myself reaching for this very often. I have dark brown brows (almost black) that are fairly thick, so I use Brunette (mostly to define, not so much to fill). The texture is great and generally I feel that this is an easy product to use, but I'm not a big fan of the shades. Both shades seem too cool and ashy for me, and the lighter shade is just too light. Sometimes I blend the lighter shade into the darker one, so I feel like I'm using it, but really I only use one of the shades in the duo and I'm kind of meh on it, so I won't be getting this again.