Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo
Did my sister's wedding makeup. Brow Powder DuoBrow Powder DuoBrow Powder Duo

4.5

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I like my brows to look full, soft, defined and natural. I have SO many brow products - pomades, pencils, regular eyeshadows, brow wax, brow mascara - but am never satisfied with the look of my brows. I do like the look of eyeshadow the most out of all brow techniques.

I wanted this product for so long but couldn't justify spending $23 on small eyeshadow compact (basically, thats what it is) when I have so many Mac eyeshadows and a 60 color E.L.F. eyeshadow palette. Surely, one of those eyeshadow colors would make my brows look good, right? For so long, I would use Mac "Espresso" eyeshadow to do my brows. This didn't do it for me, my brows still looked heavy and dark. Playing around in Sephora, I did my brows with the the color "Chocolate" and had to purchase.

The color combo in "Chocolate" is perfect for me. I line the arch and tail with the darker color, and fill in the front and middle with the lighter shade. My brows look a hell of a lot better and so natural.

The compact is lightweight and has a small mirror for you to use. I doubt I will ever use the mirror.

I'm glad that I purchased. I apply this with a Mac 208 eyebrow brush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This product is a bit procey for what is basically just eyeshadow, but it comes with a lot of product and is pigmented enough so it will last a fair amount of time. The shadow really is long wearing which I like, and the duo in ebony defines the eyebrows well but still looks more natural than a harsh brow pencil. It also comes with a mirror and the packaging is nice( looks pretty as well). Overall I would recommend this to someone who wants well defined but soft eyebrows.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Mayday! Mayday!! We have HG status!! I am absolutely in LOVE with the brow powder duo. I am Asian (Chinese) and as any Asian girl can attest it can be really difficult to find the perfect eyebrow product. Our hair is black but our eyebrows are thin, sparse and can grow whichever way it wants to. Whenever an MUA does my brows they always come out too dark. Yes, I have black hair but I don't want to see my eyebrows match that dark color. Medium brown is the perfect color for me. I love how there's two colors that I can play with to give me more natural looking brows. The formulas is also divine. It has better staying power than a MAC eyeshadow and is creamier. I did my sister's wedding makeup and everyone commented on how great her brows looked! I've included a picture above

My duo came in a small, round black case, not the one showed in the picture. I think maybe they have changed the case?

on 12/17/2011 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is my HG brow product. My biggest problem with finding a brow product has been getting a color that isn't too brown or too black for my black eyebrows. I don't want to look like I've painted them on with liquid liner, but usually anything "lighter" than black is a deep, rich brown--not a good match. These products tended to make my brows look a bit red, and still far too dark.

I got a sample of this product and immediately fell in love. I believe they've changed the color names of some of the duos, but the one I have is a taupe-toned dark brown with a lighter, tan shade. The brown itself is the perfect color to fill in my brows without making them super dark, but it's not so grey that they look ashy or powdery. The lighter shade helps tone down the color if I happen to get a bit too much on my brush (or it helps clean up if I go outside the lines a bit). It lasts all day, doesn't migrate, doesn't react in any odd way with my oily skin. It was pretty pricey, but I've used the same set for months and have yet to hit pan in either color. I would say after almost a year, I'm not halfway through, and I use this 5-6 days a week, so the upfront cost is balanced by how much use I get out of a single purchase.

They can change the color names all they want as long as they don't make any other changes! I'll be a customer for life.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think the product is amazing, and the texture is perfect. Well,this would be only if the color selection was good. The colors have a slight reddish/orangy feel to them, which make your brows look so fake and drawn on. Not pretty. I find that mixing it with other eyeshadows I own, improves the color, but for this prize, I shouldn't have to do that. I'm dissapointed.

on 11/15/2010 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have the dark brown. This is a true cool tone colour, exactly what I need. Browns tend to have red undertones. I have naturally black hair with cool undertones and find it difficult to find the right shade. The powder goes on smoothly.

on 10/21/2010 3:00:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is the best eyebrow makeup!! I've tried pencils and gels, but they just didn't look right. I had a hard time applying because sometimes it would look too dark and other times too light. This powder is very forgiving. I don't have to worry about making a mistake when applying because it looks natural. When I first heard of anastasia and how she's the eyebrow guru, I thought it was bologna but I love it. I'm using the brunette duo which I thought looked too light in packaging but it's perfect for my dark brown brows. I thought it was expensive for a small package but it lasts forever. I've been using mine for almost a year. I even got this for my mom because she was going through pencils left and right. Definite investment!

on 3/13/2010 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

received this as a sample.. loved it! used a tiny little bit to sharpen my eyebrows. enhanced the natural look i was going for!

i love the powder~ i've tried the pencil and brow wiz and the powder is my favorite...first of all, i have 'holes' in my eyebrows so i need something that looks natural and i love the color (medium ash)..it blends perfectly with my off-black eyebrows...it doesn't have a weird tint to them at all..i sometimes lighten my eyebrows in the summer because my hair turns brown/red and the medium ash still looks great...i think the pencil, powder and the brow wiz was $22/each but the powder is worth it because it lasts so long...i've had mine for over a year and i haven't seen the bottom of the pan yet

on 5/30/2009 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have 5 of these, that's how much i love this product! It's very natural looking and it doesn't look harsh, Perfect! totally a 5 star product!

Popular Brows Products