Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo
Did my sister's wedding makeup. Brow Powder DuoBrow Powder DuoBrow Powder Duo

4.5

on 4/11/2018 6:09:00 PM

Very disappointed with this product. I bought this colour in taupe and it made my eyebrows look ginger. Not the colour I was looking for. The price is a lot too.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have always been an eyebrow powder kind of girl since I started paying serious attention to my eyebrows about 10 years ago because they are starting to thin thanks to aging. And yes, I have done a little bit of over-tweezing, my worst when I thinned them out in my 30’s. If I could go back in time and give a single piece of advice to my younger self, it would be to leave my brows alone and go see a pro for proper shaping. But who really knows, back then thin brows were in.
My first powder product was a tiny little sample that came with the purchase of an eyebrow brush from Sigma Beauty, I think their E75 is a great brush and the powder sample was the perfect shade, I received lots of compliments on my brows. When it ran out I was sad to learn they no longer sold that particular color and got their brow powder duo in light (per their recommendation). Well, it’s a terrible product, patchy and it doesn’t last, if I accidentally rubbed my brows it rubbed off, and forget about trying to have decent brows while sweating. I tossed it and used eyeshadows for a few months, a serious hit or miss item... Finally the eyebrow gods of fleek smiled and Ulta offered the ABH brow powder duo for half price in a 21 days of beauty event. With the nearest Ulta very close to work and a flexible job, I took an early lunch, literally speeding to the store, and grabbed two in Blonde. Compliments returned and I lied about getting two because I knew for sure a co-worker/close friend would give a massive sob story if I confessed I had two and try to get me to come off of my spare. Nope - on fleek brows comes before friendship.
Crisis avoided for several years as it takes so little of this excellent product to fill in where I need it and make my mangled brows look decent. It withstands rubbing waaay better and lived through an outdoor concert / sweat fest as well. It makes me want to buy more ABH brow products, I just got some dipbrow and will be getting a brush, brow gel, primer, and pencil as soon as I can get back to Ulta. If there’s one definite lesson preached loudly, it is the importance of a decent brow, I do mine every day regardless of wether I’m going out for a special occasion or if I’m just gonna clean the house in my grubbies. If a beloved family member should read this, please bury me with my brow stuff, I will need it in the afterlife.
As far as the color blonde is concerned, it looks terrifyingly light in the pan but will darken when applied, especially if my brows have any moisturizer in them. I don’t see any difference between the two shades so I use whatever. I have to admit the whole color selection thing it a bit intimidating, so I went with the few charts I found on the internet that recommends shades based on hair color. The only problem I have come across is if my eyebrows have any unabsorbed moisturizer, sunscreen, or foundation in them, it gets on the brush and transferred into the pan, creating a hard spot / hardpan. I prevent this by wiping the brush off before I dip back into the pan.

Wow, I've been on quite a brow journey, and I'd have to say, this is it. This is my saving grace when it comes to my brows. ABH also has a dipbrow pomade, also a great product, but it was notably more time consuming for me to do it this way, and I needed to get out of the house quicker. I find that the powder is SO much easier to use, and a hell of a lot quicker. It creates the softer look I'm going for. I think it's easier if you're a beginner too, and creates less boo boos than if you mess up with a pomade. Price wise, I would likely never have bought it on its own, (wonderful as it is) had the bold brow kit that includes the powder had my shade. (Sucks to be a redhead!!) But I would recommend the kit because of the brush and spoolie that comes with it. It grabs and deposits the product so well, and running that spoolie through distributes the powder out for that softer look. (It's also got the brow gel! Which all three separately would have cost more on their own) this powder is my holy grail and all time favorite. Would definitely recommend! :-):-)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have it in blonde and i've got very blonde eyebrows, invisible almost. Specially now in the summer. I don't think a powder is the way to go for eyebrows like mine. I need something that colors my hairs and also give shape. I think it will be much better if you have good color on your brows but just need a bit extra. One problem thou is the colors, the blonde is the lightest warm shade and I would not call it light, it's much more a medium shade.

on 3/6/2016 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Ash Blonde: nice, neutral taupey shade that is the most natural color I have ever used on my eyebrows. Two shades, I mostly used the lighter one. I've had this product forever but over time my eyebrows have thinned noticeably (age, hormones), and just the powder is not enough to fill in. If you just need a powder to fill in, this is a wonderful product.

I've been using this for at least 6 months, still using my first container, and wow is it amazing! I apply with the ELF brush/spoolie duo and I swirl it around in both shades to create my perfect match.

So easy to use, stays all day and looks very natural. Pricey but TOTALLY worth it and the product lasts a very long time so it's not something that needs to be repurchaced frequently.

Let me start out by saying that this is the first and only brow powder/product I've ever used. So I don't have much to compare it to. That said, I do like it. I have the ash blonde/medium brown duo. It stays put for a full day as far as I can tell (with using wax and a brow gel). The reason I won't repurchase is that it is expensive and I'd like to try some other (cheaper) powders to see if there's any difference.

Love this product and use it in conjunction with the Brow Wiz since I am currently trying to grow out my brows and need to fill in some areas. Colors are great, looks natural and wears well throughout the day. Will purchase again.

This product is absolutely amazing. When I first started filling in my eyebrows, I used a regular brown eyeshadow which just looked horribly fake and never stayed on for very long. When I found out about this, I was a little hesitant to buy it because of the price tag, but now I can say that it is absolutely worth the price. This product looks so natural on your brows; everyone is surprised when I tell them I fill mine in! It has just the right amount of pigment without looking too dramatic or too faint, but you can apply it lightly and build it up if you so choose (I use a regular angled brush and it works great). The duo shades are perfect because you can always get just the right colour, and I was so impressed with how the product stays on; I played water polo for an hour and the brow powder was still almost perfectly in place, even after dunking my head in the water! The product lasts forever, too; I've had mine for almost a year and I haven't even reached the bottom of the pot yet; you only need a few brush strokes each time. I've also dropped it plenty of times on hardwood and tile floors, and no part of it has broken yet. I will definitely be using this product for as long as I will be filling in my brows! =)

Pros:
- very natural looking but also great for making a dramatic brow
- extremely long-lasting and reasonably water/rub-resistant
- great range of shades to match your hair perfectly
- one pot lasts forever so it's worth the investment

Cons:
- pricey at first, but I've found that it's really worth the value!

on 3/25/2014 6:31:00 PM

I have always used cheap Rimmel eyebrow pencils or whatever brown eye shadow I had on hand for my brows. I am lucky in that I am fair with brown hair and dark brows that don't really require a lot of maintenance. Many days I do absolutely nothing to them. Now that I am getting older, the hairs themselves are getting lighter so I have been using this to just darken the few grays I am getting rather than pulling them out (which I was doing until the person who waxes my brows scolded me).

I really like this powder - I use dark brown. I am not sure why it is different from eyeshadow but it goes on very smoothly and a mixture of the two colors is perfect for me. It stays on all day and my brows look very natural and groomed. I started using this when I got a sample from somewhere and the sample lasted a long time even though it was just some of the powder stuck on paper so I imagine this little compact will last a long time. I am tossing the old Rimmel pencils and switching to this permanently.

Popular Brows Products