Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

Did my sister's wedding makeup. Brow Powder DuoBrow Powder DuoBrow Powder Duo

4.7

on 10/20/2018 9:33:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The colors to choose from are great. I go alternate Medium Brown and Taupe, depending on my mood. If there is too much yellow or red in an eyebrow color, it looks fake on me. This stays pretty well. If it’s a humid day, I will put smashbox 2r your primer on my brows first. It works like a charm.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my go to eyebrow product. I bought it once and never looked back. I use the dark brown and it last alllllll day, even when I go to the gym after work and sweat, my eyebrows still look great and are still on (unless i wipe it off). I love this product, the duo lets you shade the front of your eyebrows (towards your nose) lighter which creates a gradient. Will buy again and again

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Very good product if you like your eyebrows to look natural and not overdone.

on 9/1/2014 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I received a sample of this and at first I felt that it didnít show up enough or enhance my brows at all, so it stayed in my stash of sample for a long time. After a brow waxing mishap, I bought Anastasiaís Brow Wiz in Dark Brown/Brunette to fill in the large gaps. My black brown brows are naturally sparse, and Brow Wiz easily fills in the gaps. I then lightly run the included spooly (which is very stiff, if I used too much pressure with it the color would be taken right off, so light-handed is the key) over the color to soften the edges. Next I used the brow powder (in Dark Brown and I will buy a full size when I run out of the sample). Based on an online video at Allure magazineís website, I used the darker powder in the middle 2/3 of the eyebrow and to fill the large gaps and the lighter powder to go over the entire brow to blend everything together. I found that the brow pencil made the powder adhere better. Finally I finish the brows with a tinted brow gel (Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Espresso), light-handedly coloring the actually hairs and setting the brows in place. The finished look lasts all day (even though an afternoon nap). After a couple weeks I really got the hang of application and now this routine is a part of my everyday makeup line-up. I admit itís a lot of steps and something I never thought I would commit to, but the results look like I have naturally perfect brows so I really canít complain. This powder is expensive, but the colors work so well for me that i really don't want to try out other brands. If I ever had the chance (or could afford) to have Anastasia groom my brows in person I would jump at it. I trust her and her products implicitly with my brows.

on 5/29/2014 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This my first brow powder. I have black sparse eyebrows, and using brow pencil just looks dark on my eyebrows. Previously, I used Shiseido Brow Pencil in Natural Black. I own this brow powder in Ebony. I was very pleased on how it turned out and easy to apply coming from a person that is a makeup noob. I used one of Anastasia Brow Stencil. Using the lightest shade in the powder duo, I applied it with a EcoTools highlighting brush (don't want a lot of product).

EDIT: I recently exchanged the shade for Dark Brown, and I love how natural it looks using a brow stencil. I might go back to repurchase ebony because the dark brown is a bit brown and I prefer a cooler color.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my go-to brow product. I used it on my brows every single day. With the two shades working together, you can get a perfect color match. I have never had a problem with it smudging or coming off. For a high end product it's not that expensive and it lasts a pretty long time. It's worth the $22. The packaging is nice with the little mirror and the logo on the front, it looks like a mini compact. It would be a little bit more sleek if the packaging were black instead of silver. I bought this color in Medium Ash but i find myself using the darker color more than the lighter (i have medium brown hair) so maybe next time, i'll go with the brunette shade. Overall, it's a great brow product and a staple for me.

on 12/20/2009 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I got a sample of this product with a recent Sephora online order. It came with the Ash Blonde and the Brunette on little cards, enough to try the product for several days. I've used it every day since then (about a week and a half) and yesterday I went to purchase the full size. I knew after the first use that this was finally the brow product that I've been looking for. I don't like to use pencils on my brows and every other powders I've used have looked too harsh and/or didn't last on my oily skin. This powder is well pigmented, it goes on smoothly (I use my 266 brush) and stays on ALL DAY and all night without budging. I like to use the lighter shade (in the Brunette duo) for the thickest part of my brows then blend it out into the darker color for the tails. Be aware that the package, while cute, is deceptively large. When I opened it I expected there to be much more product than there actually was (1.60g). You need very little, however, so I think that this will last me quite a long time. Overall I am highly impressed with this powder and I will absolutely purchase it again.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I've always had blonde/invisible eyebrows, and I couldn't use anything to darken them because it wouldn't look natural. The strawburn color matches my hair almost exactly. It looks very natural, and the colors can be mixed to get exacty the shade you want. It also lasts all day. Highly recommended for redheads.

on 5/13/2009 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've had the pleasure of having my brows done by Anastasia and decided to try her brow powder after meeting her. This is a product because of it's staying power. A little goes a long way and will last for years. Will definitely repurchase.

on 12/17/2008 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was kind of disappointed by this; it's an okay product but not great, and I don't find myself reaching for this very often. I have dark brown brows (almost black) that are fairly thick, so I use Brunette (mostly to define, not so much to fill). The texture is great and generally I feel that this is an easy product to use, but I'm not a big fan of the shades. Both shades seem too cool and ashy for me, and the lighter shade is just too light. Sometimes I blend the lighter shade into the darker one, so I feel like I'm using it, but really I only use one of the shades in the duo and I'm kind of meh on it, so I won't be getting this again.