Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo
Did my sister's wedding makeup. Brow Powder DuoBrow Powder DuoBrow Powder Duo

4.6

I have this in medium brown, which is the best shade match I've ever found for my neutral medium/dark brown hair (I'm half Chinese, and find that nearly all of us halfers tend to have the same hair colour/undertone if it helps any of you guys). Nearly every other brow product seems to be very warm toned.

I like the compact packaging and how long it lasts (I hit pan in three months, but I've been using it nearly daily for a year and a half and it's still going strong) but the quality of the formula itself is mediocre. It is not long lasting nor pigmented unless I use a wet brush to apply, but if I use a wet brush to apply then it doesn't look natural at all, which negates the purpose of a powder. It also clings to hair as opposed to sticking to skin, which means that you have to already have a fantastic existing eyebrow shape if you want it to look great. So yeah - this product will only really work well for people who already have a perfect brow shape which is moderately dense. It's workable otherwise, but not ideal. I have used other cheaper brow powders that were the perfect cross between decently pigmented/still natural and they outperformed this in wear and appearance, but weren't a good colour match.

Eyeshadow outperforms this easily when it comes to formula. If I could find a neutral/cool colour match in eyeshadow I would drop this in a heartbeat. But as it is, this gets the job done while being extremely cheap if you look at how much product you get.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have always been an eyebrow powder kind of girl since I started paying serious attention to my eyebrows about 10 years ago because they are starting to thin thanks to aging. And yes, I have done a little bit of over-tweezing, my worst when I thinned them out in my 30’s. If I could go back in time and give a single piece of advice to my younger self, it would be to leave my brows alone and go see a pro for proper shaping. But who really knows, back then thin brows were in.
My first powder product was a tiny little sample that came with the purchase of an eyebrow brush from Sigma Beauty, I think their E75 is a great brush and the powder sample was the perfect shade, I received lots of compliments on my brows. When it ran out I was sad to learn they no longer sold that particular color and got their brow powder duo in light (per their recommendation). Well, it’s a terrible product, patchy and it doesn’t last, if I accidentally rubbed my brows it rubbed off, and forget about trying to have decent brows while sweating. I tossed it and used eyeshadows for a few months, a serious hit or miss item... Finally the eyebrow gods of fleek smiled and Ulta offered the ABH brow powder duo for half price in a 21 days of beauty event. With the nearest Ulta very close to work and a flexible job, I took an early lunch, literally speeding to the store, and grabbed two in Blonde. Compliments returned and I lied about getting two because I knew for sure a co-worker/close friend would give a massive sob story if I confessed I had two and try to get me to come off of my spare. Nope - on fleek brows comes before friendship.
Crisis avoided for several years as it takes so little of this excellent product to fill in where I need it and make my mangled brows look decent. It withstands rubbing waaay better and lived through an outdoor concert / sweat fest as well. It makes me want to buy more ABH brow products, I just got some dipbrow and will be getting a brush, brow gel, primer, and pencil as soon as I can get back to Ulta. If there’s one definite lesson preached loudly, it is the importance of a decent brow, I do mine every day regardless of wether I’m going out for a special occasion or if I’m just gonna clean the house in my grubbies. If a beloved family member should read this, please bury me with my brow stuff, I will need it in the afterlife.
As far as the color blonde is concerned, it looks terrifyingly light in the pan but will darken when applied, especially if my brows have any moisturizer in them. I don’t see any difference between the two shades so I use whatever. I have to admit the whole color selection thing it a bit intimidating, so I went with the few charts I found on the internet that recommends shades based on hair color. The only problem I have come across is if my eyebrows have any unabsorbed moisturizer, sunscreen, or foundation in them, it gets on the brush and transferred into the pan, creating a hard spot / hardpan. I prevent this by wiping the brush off before I dip back into the pan.

on 9/18/2017 11:44:00 AM

I've done pencils, pomade, gels and tints. Nothing looks as natural as powder. My go to for finishing is always Anastasia brow gel. It plays nice with the powder. The pigmentation of "Taupe" is pretty good for such a light color. I get much better payoff and wearability when I use a clear wax under this. I use a cheap Milani wax pencil for that. This takes longer than a pencil but I definitely prefer the look. For reference, I have unruly medium thickness brows with a few sparse areas. This shapes them up and fills in the bare spaces. I like them to be on the thicker side when I'm done.

on 10/31/2015 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Great product. I have dark hair but sparse eyebrow hairs. I use the color dark brown and it's the perfect shade of dark without looking like I sharpied my eyebrows haha I like this because it's natural looking and lasts a long time. I noticed that since I have oily skin, the powder in the lil case tends to get oily after some time. Just be diligent in cleaning your face and brush before using. Overall great product and worth the $

on 10/21/2015 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Background on my brows: light-medium ash blonde, somewhat thick, undefined. I have bought this 3 times over the years. The powder is pretty damn foolproof for newbies and easy to apply. It looks a lot more natural than a gel or pencil in my opinion, because it gives a softer look to the brows. I'd have no issues with the longevity of it, either.

There are tons of brow products out there. The reason this beats all the other high end... and even low end... is because of the shade. The darker side is useless to me. But the light shade - is a dead on match. Having light-medium blonde brows is a struggle because very few cosmetic companies make pale brow shades. I usually end up looking like Burt from Sesame Street.

on 9/17/2015 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This is my HG brow product. My brows have a good shape, but can be a little sparse :( I don't like the look of pastey-gooey looking brows, so finding this little number was a miracle! It is super build able and soooo natural looking! People are always surprised when I tell them that I use a brow product and they say "I thought you just naturally had great eyebrows!" Yeah, it's that good. The option of having two powders in the compact makes the look even more believable because most people out there have dimension and variation to the pigmentation of their hair, making a single flat color a little false looking. I also bought brush #12 from Anastasia and it is a match made in heaven for the brow duo. It has a super thin, angled brush on one end and a spooly on the other end to brush out the brows and give them a more natural look. I love this product more than any other brow product I have ever tried!
BTW I am in the shade auburn :)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I received a sample of this in completely the wrong shade (Brunette/dark brown; I'm a natural redhead and use Caramel.), but out of curiosity on how the product itself worked I decided to give it a shot. I ended up using up the entire sample and mixing it with my Tarte Amazonian Clay Volumizing Brow & Hair Powder, which is a little bit too light. I was a little nervous about using this product because I consider myself to be a brow novice. I previously have tried and used up my entire Brow Whiz. I am not impressed with my current Tarte powder (although I love the brush that I purchased with it-Frame Worker Double-Ended Bamboo Brow Powder Brush), hence why I'm leaning back toward ABH again. I found this to be smooth and very easy to use and blend, especially with the aforementioned brush. I did also hang onto my spoolie from my empty Brow Whiz pen and like the way this performs as well. I love ABH's color selection, as it is rare and at times frustrating as a redhead to be excluded from the color spectrum with many brands. I absolutely love how natural this product looks, which is very important to me especially considering my hair color. I was nervous about have the crazy melted cartoon eyebrows look the gurus tend to sport these days. I suppose any makeup can be misused and exploited for the sake of Instagram filters. (Read: bronzers/contouring powders) I find ABH as a brand is actually quite versatile and user friendly for us novice eyebrow people AND Instabrow people. Definitely give this product a shot if you're a fan of Brow Whiz!

on 5/19/2015 7:03:00 PM

I have black/brown hair and I got this in dark brown but I think the medium would've worked better. This product is really good, when I was using the nyc powder duo and switch to this I could tell the difference. This was more pigmented, blendable, and not as warm tone. But for the price I can't jusitify buying it so I am going to try the nyx one which looks to be similar shade to this. I also just hit pan on the lighter shade and this has lasted me a year. The darker side is still full. Overall, good product but I'm going to look for a cheaper alternative.

on 2/9/2015 7:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Holy brow! HG brow product without a doubt. Dip Brow is another great brow product by Anastasia BH, but the brow duo is foolproof and can be used for day or night. I use this in Ebony, which is a perfect match and suitable to those with dark brown to black hair and brows (oddly enough, the dark brown shade looks lighter than Dipbrow in dark brown, which is why I opted for the powder duo in Ebony). It comes in a small compact with tiny mirror, and includes two shades (lighter and darker) which can be used individually, or as I prefer, blended for the ideal match. Once I brush my brows into place, I very lightly outline the bottom of my brows with a tiny bit of product (I use Tarte's dual brow brush/spoolie). I then lightly fill in the arch/sparce areas, and when I'm done, I brush through with a spoolie to evenly distribute product. I sometimes finish off with a brow gel (I use Maybelline Great Lash in Clear). All of this takes hardly any time- the product is very smooth, pigmented, and easy to apply. My brows look so much better, but still very natural looking. It's actually not that apparent that I have done up my brows, as they look naturally darkened (but of course, I can tell the difference and I am always pleased with the results). It lasts all day without fading. I highly recommend the brow duo to all those looking for a quality, easy to apply, natural looking brow powder. HG.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

With my red hair, I really didn't find anything at the drugstore to help with my brows, so I splurged a little on this great product, and I'm happy I did. It's natural looking, easy to use, and allows me to stick with one product whenever I dye my hair darker (I love how it comes with two shades that allow for "wiggle room" when it comes to darkening my hair, I don't have to buy another in a different colour) The auburn shade is perfect for me, my only complaint is the packaging. I dropped it ONCE and it split in two, with the mirror breaking off, but the powder was fine. I can still put the lid on, but I won't leave it loose in my makeup bag. The back was all scratched up within a few weeks of use, and I've noticed now that the mirror part is falling apart. This was my own mistake anyways, but just be careful with this product! I will repurchase.

Popular Brows Products