Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo
Did my sister's wedding makeup. Brow Powder DuoBrow Powder DuoBrow Powder Duo

4.4

on 2/16/2018 9:40:00 AM

This is an excellent quality brow powder. The compact is 2 toned, giving the beautiful eyebrow effect. It's very pigmented and goes on very smooth. It's also very pricey, but it will last a long time. The only reason I removed a lippie is because I have very thin eyebrows and usually draw them thicker. And with a powder, I am unable to achieve this, but I can with the dipbrow pomade which does make my eyebrows thicker and bushier. So for those of you who want thicker eyebrows, than merely filling them in with powder, then go with the Dipbrow pomade.

I have the old version (silver case with mirror) in Medium Brown and hit pan a few months ago. This was the first brow product that really made a difference for my brows and made my makeup look really look "done." Before this, I'd tried brow products from NYC (a powder and wax), Revlon (a spoolie and pencil) and other brands (numerous brow pencils) that have faded from the ether of my memory, to no success.

For whatever reason, my eyebrows look better when I use the lighter color where my eyebrows start (closer to my nosebridge) and then I use the darker color to fill in the brow and extend the line. I use a Paula Dorf eyebrow brush (one of the good ones before their quality went to...).

I indicated that I would repurchase, but I'm kind of on the fence because I've actually bought Anastasia's DipBrow Pomade to replace this. There's much more of a learning curve to DipBrow but I like the pomade part of the product and I'm hoping it keeps my longer brow hairs down.

on 9/26/2016 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this product a month or two ago, and now that my brows look great every day, I feel at peace. I have never found a brow shade that matches as well as this brow powder duo in dark brown (I have medium cool brown hair). I could probably have gone with soft brown, but I like to use this very sparingly to fill in my brows ever so slightly. The powder stays on all day, doesn't budge, also a little difficult to remove.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I got this as a sample in "Light Brown" and thought it was great, but maybe a little too light for me. I like a darker powder for my brows, light brown looks a bit reddish on me. The staying power was great and it applied evenly, but for the price, I'd rather buy Tarte brow powder.

I am obsessed w the perfect brows! If my brows are on point, my entire day is better. TBH, ABH products have changed my life. I have a kit w the brow powder & a highlighting e/s that came w stencils/brush, another brow powder kit that came w the brow powder, brush, & clear mascara stuff for your brows; a set of stencils, Dip Brow, & the Dip Brow brush w a spoolie on the other end (all ABH in Medium Brown), I love the brow powder that came w the highlighting e/s set because in the compact is also some of the ABH brow wax. I love ABH products, you could say I am slightly obsessed! And obsessed w getting the perfect brows. I went to the Ulta Benefit Brow Bar (& unfortunately my brows were too thin to be waxed! Wahhhh!!! I hope they will grow in....), but I was matched to the dip in Taupe initially but purchased Soft Brown & exchanged for Medium Brown dip, so I knew finally which shade I was, so I was able to order the 2 brow powder sets on Ulta dot com sight unseen & they arrived promptly to my house. I am so happy w the ABH Medium Brown shade in both powder & dip brow. The Brow Powder makes a more natural look than the dip brow. The dip is more dramatic. The Brow Powder seems a bit lighter than the dip brow, color wise. The brushes for the Brow Powder & dip brow are identical (slant brushes sort of like what you use for winged gel eyeliner!). I plan on buying ABH's brow pencil when I get my money. ABH is the best for brows, the gold standard in brow makeup, if you want the very best get Anastasia Beverly Hills. Very hyped right now, some may say overhyped but ABH is deserving of high praise in every form.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Let me just start of by saying my eyebrows are so thin and light that if you just glance at me without any brow powder you would probably think I have no eyebrows! I saw this product all over youtube and decided to check it out. It is pricier than the eyebrow powder I used before (NYX cake powder) but I wouldn't mind paying more for better looking eyebrows. I love this stuff! I am a teen and have been using this for almost a year. It is so natural yet makes my eyebrows looking full and nice. I use it with my Sephora brow brush #10. I get so many compliments on how my eyebrows are. I get so sad when it's time to wipe off my makeup because it's back to having no eyebrows...LOL. Definitely recommend.

on 6/25/2013 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

My HG Brow powder. I get my brows done at Anastasia's every 3 weeks and this brow powder keeps my brows looking fresh even going into the 3rd week. Love this stuff. I have tried their pencil and wax pen but for the price and look, this one lasts forever and looks great. Buildable yet natural.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Mayday! Mayday!! We have HG status!! I am absolutely in LOVE with the brow powder duo. I am Asian (Chinese) and as any Asian girl can attest it can be really difficult to find the perfect eyebrow product. Our hair is black but our eyebrows are thin, sparse and can grow whichever way it wants to. Whenever an MUA does my brows they always come out too dark. Yes, I have black hair but I don't want to see my eyebrows match that dark color. Medium brown is the perfect color for me. I love how there's two colors that I can play with to give me more natural looking brows. The formulas is also divine. It has better staying power than a MAC eyeshadow and is creamier. I did my sister's wedding makeup and everyone commented on how great her brows looked! I've included a picture above

My duo came in a small, round black case, not the one showed in the picture. I think maybe they have changed the case?

I love this product! I apply it with an angled brush I got in an Anastasia kit along with this powder and it looks so natural & it stays put until you take it off. My brows are full on their own, but I apply this to fill in a little of the sparse areas and really define them, and it's amazing what a difference it makes.

It's on the pricey side, but I used this powder nearly everyday for a good year and a half before until it got smashed and crumbled. I probably could have gotten at least another couple months out of it if it's life span wasn't cut so short! But I will re-buy despite the price tag because It's a great product that will last you forever!

on 12/17/2011 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is my HG brow product. My biggest problem with finding a brow product has been getting a color that isn't too brown or too black for my black eyebrows. I don't want to look like I've painted them on with liquid liner, but usually anything "lighter" than black is a deep, rich brown--not a good match. These products tended to make my brows look a bit red, and still far too dark.

I got a sample of this product and immediately fell in love. I believe they've changed the color names of some of the duos, but the one I have is a taupe-toned dark brown with a lighter, tan shade. The brown itself is the perfect color to fill in my brows without making them super dark, but it's not so grey that they look ashy or powdery. The lighter shade helps tone down the color if I happen to get a bit too much on my brush (or it helps clean up if I go outside the lines a bit). It lasts all day, doesn't migrate, doesn't react in any odd way with my oily skin. It was pretty pricey, but I've used the same set for months and have yet to hit pan in either color. I would say after almost a year, I'm not halfway through, and I use this 5-6 days a week, so the upfront cost is balanced by how much use I get out of a single purchase.

They can change the color names all they want as long as they don't make any other changes! I'll be a customer for life.

Popular Brows Products