Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

Did my sister's wedding makeup. Brow Powder DuoBrow Powder DuoBrow Powder Duo

4.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have this in Caramel. The darker shade is perfect for my natural red hair, I’m like a light auburn kind of red. The light side is too orangey on its own. I have to use it lightly. I almost picked up Aburn but I think it’s too dark. I wish they made a third option for redheads somewhere between the two. The powder is excellent. Very expensive. I’m not sure I like it any more than my trusty MAC cork eyeshadow. And I got Sigma brow powder in Aburn (for some reason it’s only in their store and not online) and I like both of those shades and they perform just as well. And it was $3.50. I may return this because I’m not sure it’s worth the price for imperfect shade choices.

this is a really good brow powder, it is very soft and natural looking i like that there are 2 shades in this so you can customize your look with it. i bought it once at retail and once during ulta’s sale and i dont think i will ever need to rebuy it -(i also think i wont ever buy another high end brow product again, its just not that worth it to blow through $$ like that)-

on 7/5/2018 8:47:00 PM

Have gone broke searching for an eyebrow pencil, gel or powder that doesn't look fake and wrong colored...Until I bought three: Anastasia brow powder in taupe, medium brown and ash brown, not knowing which would work best for me; BUT, they all have two shades, so, it's hard to make a mistake as ALL are so natural and believable, and you can blend shades to get the perfect look. WIN-WIN. So, I'm keeping them all! My brows are ash/lighter brownish with grey (ack!) and some dark disturbing dark wiry hairs, lol. (I'm 68, darnit.)... But, this SO works for me. Everything else I've tried has turned RED on me and has been horrible..despite whatever the color is called... REALLY Red. (See my driver's licence for proof.) Other "Taupe" shades have been a pinkish/grey in so many brands (who has eyebrows in that weird color??) and so glad I stopped spending money on that shade in other brands...Whatever color(s) you chose in Anastasia they come out natural--and two colors in one package make that a real possibility/reality to have filled in natural looking brows.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is the only powder that has worked for me so far. I have tired so many it doesn't change color. I have the Med Ash/Med Brown and it is just that brown does not turn red which is great!

on 5/4/2018 11:02:00 PM

This is the only eyebrow product I use. I’m relatively lucky with my brows as I never overplucked and have a natural shape I like. I use this to fill them in and it takes about 30 seconds to do both my brows. Honestly, the powder is very natural looking if used to fill in rather than create a brow. If you are the type of person who likes to draw in a shape then fill with thin hairstrokes, I really can’t say if the product would be good or bad. But I could imagine that precision with a powder being extremely difficult.

The other reason this is my holy grail powder over others is because of the color and staying power. I purchase it in taupe and the color match is spot on. It doesn’t wear off or lighten during the day. Sometimes I even get headaches and will rub my forehead and I have never had an issue rubbing off a brow!

Although this can be considered a more expensive eyebrow powder, this will last me at least 6 months as it is very pigmented and a little goes a long way. To me, it’s worth the price when I saw its dependability (no worrying if it’s still on my face during the day or smeared) and how much use I can get out of it.

on 4/11/2018 6:09:00 PM

Very disappointed with this product. I bought this colour in taupe and it made my eyebrows look ginger. Not the colour I was looking for. The price is a lot too.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have always been an eyebrow powder kind of girl since I started paying serious attention to my eyebrows about 10 years ago because they are starting to thin thanks to aging. And yes, I have done a little bit of over-tweezing, my worst when I thinned them out in my 30’s. If I could go back in time and give a single piece of advice to my younger self, it would be to leave my brows alone and go see a pro for proper shaping. But who really knows, back then thin brows were in.
My first powder product was a tiny little sample that came with the purchase of an eyebrow brush from Sigma Beauty, I think their E75 is a great brush and the powder sample was the perfect shade, I received lots of compliments on my brows. When it ran out I was sad to learn they no longer sold that particular color and got their brow powder duo in light (per their recommendation). Well, it’s a terrible product, patchy and it doesn’t last, if I accidentally rubbed my brows it rubbed off, and forget about trying to have decent brows while sweating. I tossed it and used eyeshadows for a few months, a serious hit or miss item... Finally the eyebrow gods of fleek smiled and Ulta offered the ABH brow powder duo for half price in a 21 days of beauty event. With the nearest Ulta very close to work and a flexible job, I took an early lunch, literally speeding to the store, and grabbed two in Blonde. Compliments returned and I lied about getting two because I knew for sure a co-worker/close friend would give a massive sob story if I confessed I had two and try to get me to come off of my spare. Nope - on fleek brows comes before friendship.
Crisis avoided for several years as it takes so little of this excellent product to fill in where I need it and make my mangled brows look decent. It withstands rubbing waaay better and lived through an outdoor concert / sweat fest as well. It makes me want to buy more ABH brow products, I just got some dipbrow and will be getting a brush, brow gel, primer, and pencil as soon as I can get back to Ulta. If there’s one definite lesson preached loudly, it is the importance of a decent brow, I do mine every day regardless of wether I’m going out for a special occasion or if I’m just gonna clean the house in my grubbies. If a beloved family member should read this, please bury me with my brow stuff, I will need it in the afterlife.
As far as the color blonde is concerned, it looks terrifyingly light in the pan but will darken when applied, especially if my brows have any moisturizer in them. I don’t see any difference between the two shades so I use whatever. I have to admit the whole color selection thing it a bit intimidating, so I went with the few charts I found on the internet that recommends shades based on hair color. The only problem I have come across is if my eyebrows have any unabsorbed moisturizer, sunscreen, or foundation in them, it gets on the brush and transferred into the pan, creating a hard spot / hardpan. I prevent this by wiping the brush off before I dip back into the pan.

on 3/3/2018 9:22:00 PM

I don't know what happened, but between electrolysis at an early age (and I mean EARLY—my mother thought my brows were too much) and now my brows just pretty much vanished. I tried the Anastasia stencil kit but found this, and it's really all I need. I use the lighter shade to fill in the part closer to my nose and the darker shade for the rest. And that's it. No pomade needed. It stays all day through any kind of workout or weather and washes off at night. Of course, it's not going to look like individual lashes and I'm not in a hurry to test-drive microneedling, but it has made all the difference. I even got my mother a compact of it, as her brows are even worse than mine—they're sharp little arrows with no arch, and they make her look angry. It has softened her expression, just by virtue of her having nice brows again. Truly a HG product for me, born of necessity.

on 2/16/2018 9:40:00 AM

This is an excellent quality brow powder. The compact is 2 toned, giving the beautiful eyebrow effect. It's very pigmented and goes on very smooth. It's also very pricey, but it will last a long time. The only reason I removed a lippie is because I have very thin eyebrows and usually draw them thicker. And with a powder, I am unable to achieve this, but I can with the dipbrow pomade which does make my eyebrows thicker and bushier. So for those of you who want thicker eyebrows, than merely filling them in with powder, then go with the Dipbrow pomade.

on 9/18/2017 11:44:00 AM

I've done pencils, pomade, gels and tints. Nothing looks as natural as powder. My go to for finishing is always Anastasia brow gel. It plays nice with the powder. The pigmentation of "Taupe" is pretty good for such a light color. I get much better payoff and wearability when I use a clear wax under this. I use a cheap Milani wax pencil for that. This takes longer than a pencil but I definitely prefer the look. For reference, I have unruly medium thickness brows with a few sparse areas. This shapes them up and fills in the bare spaces. I like them to be on the thicker side when I'm done.

Popular Brows Products