Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

Did my sister's wedding makeup. Brow Powder DuoBrow Powder DuoBrow Powder Duo

4.6

on 10/21/2015 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Background on my brows: light-medium ash blonde, somewhat thick, undefined. I have bought this 3 times over the years. The powder is pretty damn foolproof for newbies and easy to apply. It looks a lot more natural than a gel or pencil in my opinion, because it gives a softer look to the brows. I'd have no issues with the longevity of it, either.

There are tons of brow products out there. The reason this beats all the other high end... and even low end... is because of the shade. The darker side is useless to me. But the light shade - is a dead on match. Having light-medium blonde brows is a struggle because very few cosmetic companies make pale brow shades. I usually end up looking like Burt from Sesame Street.

on 4/27/2015 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

*EDIT: this actually lasted waaay longer than I expected, I switched to Wunderbrow in 2016 but continued to use this if I wanted a bit of extra definition and it’s only just run out (2018) because the product broke up.

I bought this in caramel, was a bit worried because it said for redheads- strawberry blonde, but my hair is true caramel and its perfect for me, not too red at all, the lighter side is more bronze and the darker is a light/ warm brown.

Because it�s a duo you have the option to blend the two shades, or use them separately. By the look of the packaging/ size of the product it�s not gonna last very long but for �15 I won�t lose sleep over it.
The packaging is quite pretty too- small, round, black compact with the ABH logo in gold.

I tried this just on its own first and the staying power is really good for a powder, but it wasn�t defined enough that way for me, so I use it over the dipbrow pomade to set & enhance it. If your brows are quite well shaped/ defined anyway and you�re just looking to add a bit of colour/ density then this would be perfect.

*TIP use the darker shade along the bottom of the brow line and the tail end to define, then the lighter shade/ both blended for the inner corner and body, this makes them look more HD and prevents the colour looking too block.
Xx

on 5/29/2014 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This my first brow powder. I have black sparse eyebrows, and using brow pencil just looks dark on my eyebrows. Previously, I used Shiseido Brow Pencil in Natural Black. I own this brow powder in Ebony. I was very pleased on how it turned out and easy to apply coming from a person that is a makeup noob. I used one of Anastasia Brow Stencil. Using the lightest shade in the powder duo, I applied it with a EcoTools highlighting brush (don't want a lot of product).

EDIT: I recently exchanged the shade for Dark Brown, and I love how natural it looks using a brow stencil. I might go back to repurchase ebony because the dark brown is a bit brown and I prefer a cooler color.

on 2/23/2014 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for existing. Honestly. I have an almost unhealthy obsession with my eyebrows and this powder is what I have been looking for, for years. I've used other powders, pencils, even eyeshadow. Whatever I could to give me the eyebrows I wanted and none of them even come close to the results I get from this. It's incredibly expensive, but it's worth it. Comes with a lighter and darker shade which is perfect. Pigmentation is also perfect, not too light or too heavy, which makes my eyebrows look natural instead of like I used markers to fill em in, which... looking back at old pictures of myself... went unnoticed by me for a while. Seriously though, if like me you were a little tweezer happy as a teenager and are now reaping the results of that... with thin eyebrows that need serious filling in... you cannot go wrong with this! You just can't. I will for sure be repurchasing whenever I need to.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Let me just start of by saying my eyebrows are so thin and light that if you just glance at me without any brow powder you would probably think I have no eyebrows! I saw this product all over youtube and decided to check it out. It is pricier than the eyebrow powder I used before (NYX cake powder) but I wouldn't mind paying more for better looking eyebrows. I love this stuff! I am a teen and have been using this for almost a year. It is so natural yet makes my eyebrows looking full and nice. I use it with my Sephora brow brush #10. I get so many compliments on how my eyebrows are. I get so sad when it's time to wipe off my makeup because it's back to having no eyebrows...LOL. Definitely recommend.

on 12/17/2011 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is my HG brow product. My biggest problem with finding a brow product has been getting a color that isn't too brown or too black for my black eyebrows. I don't want to look like I've painted them on with liquid liner, but usually anything "lighter" than black is a deep, rich brown--not a good match. These products tended to make my brows look a bit red, and still far too dark.

I got a sample of this product and immediately fell in love. I believe they've changed the color names of some of the duos, but the one I have is a taupe-toned dark brown with a lighter, tan shade. The brown itself is the perfect color to fill in my brows without making them super dark, but it's not so grey that they look ashy or powdery. The lighter shade helps tone down the color if I happen to get a bit too much on my brush (or it helps clean up if I go outside the lines a bit). It lasts all day, doesn't migrate, doesn't react in any odd way with my oily skin. It was pretty pricey, but I've used the same set for months and have yet to hit pan in either color. I would say after almost a year, I'm not halfway through, and I use this 5-6 days a week, so the upfront cost is balanced by how much use I get out of a single purchase.

They can change the color names all they want as long as they don't make any other changes! I'll be a customer for life.

on 10/25/2010 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this powder for over a year now and I really like it. Despite my eyebrows being black, I have very sparse brows (like a lot of Chinese people) but I wanted something that wasn't too dramatic. I chose Ash Blonde and it's the perfect color for me; it doesn't have a red tint to it. It's a very neutral shade and looks very natural. For me, it lasts all day. It is a little pricey, but it's a good product. Definitely recommended if you're looking for a good brow powder.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this product so much!!! IO have been using it for over 2 years and find I only need to buy it every 8-12 months. It's the best powder b/c the color is so perfect for my blond hair and medium complexion. the best part is the double color. I use the ligter color to fill in and the darker color on the bottom of my brows for definition. My brow girl at Anastacia showed me how to do this. I have used so many other products, but am a die hard for only this one. Th epackaging is pretty but be careful not to drop-not very forgiving. I love it and hope you love it too!