Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

Did my sister's wedding makeup. Brow Powder DuoBrow Powder DuoBrow Powder Duo

4.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have this in Caramel. The darker shade is perfect for my natural red hair, I’m like a light auburn kind of red. The light side is too orangey on its own. I have to use it lightly. I almost picked up Aburn but I think it’s too dark. I wish they made a third option for redheads somewhere between the two. The powder is excellent. Very expensive. I’m not sure I like it any more than my trusty MAC cork eyeshadow. And I got Sigma brow powder in Aburn (for some reason it’s only in their store and not online) and I like both of those shades and they perform just as well. And it was $3.50. I may return this because I’m not sure it’s worth the price for imperfect shade choices.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is the only powder that has worked for me so far. I have tired so many it doesn't change color. I have the Med Ash/Med Brown and it is just that brown does not turn red which is great!

A little pricey, but this powder is pigmented so you do not need to use much. I have tried multiple other brow powders, and this is the best one that goes on smoothly, lasts all day, and looks natural. Nice sleek packaging that is easy to travel with . I only wish it was a little bigger and more product since I do my eyebrows everyday

on 4/27/2015 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I originally bought this duo powder set back in 2010 in the ebony shade I believe and I still have it and use it. The product comes in two brown colors. I have used up most of the lighter brown shade but still use the darker shade since my hair is dark and I think I know how to use it better. You are suppose to use the lighter shade for the fine ends of the brows and the darker shade for the arch. I find the powder lasts all day and is easy to apply with the angled brush and and spooly wand. I personally think powder looks the most natural of all the brow products (gel, pencil, powder) but only if you already have eyebrow hair.

I wear my brows natural but use the powder to fill in the gaps. It's easier to apply and blend when I apply the NYX brow wax to my brows first. This way the powder has something to adhere to.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product. Best brow powder I've found so far.

Pros: stays on a long time, little to no smudging, lasts a long time

Cons: a little pricy

Yes, will definitely repurchase

Love this product and use it in conjunction with the Brow Wiz since I am currently trying to grow out my brows and need to fill in some areas. Colors are great, looks natural and wears well throughout the day. Will purchase again.

This is a nice product. I always reccomend this for brow newbies as it is really quite difficult to get wrong.
The ashy tone is complimentary to so many hair/skin types and it's very easy to achieve a natural looking brow.
I use this when I don't have to time (or energy...) to apply my Suqqu liquid brow pen.
The staying power is pretty good, but nothing amazing.

This is probably something that will always be in my makeup kit.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This product is a bit procey for what is basically just eyeshadow, but it comes with a lot of product and is pigmented enough so it will last a fair amount of time. The shadow really is long wearing which I like, and the duo in ebony defines the eyebrows well but still looks more natural than a harsh brow pencil. It also comes with a mirror and the packaging is nice( looks pretty as well). Overall I would recommend this to someone who wants well defined but soft eyebrows.

on 9/1/2014 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I received a sample of this and at first I felt that it didnt show up enough or enhance my brows at all, so it stayed in my stash of sample for a long time. After a brow waxing mishap, I bought Anastasias Brow Wiz in Dark Brown/Brunette to fill in the large gaps. My black brown brows are naturally sparse, and Brow Wiz easily fills in the gaps. I then lightly run the included spooly (which is very stiff, if I used too much pressure with it the color would be taken right off, so light-handed is the key) over the color to soften the edges. Next I used the brow powder (in Dark Brown and I will buy a full size when I run out of the sample). Based on an online video at Allure magazines website, I used the darker powder in the middle 2/3 of the eyebrow and to fill the large gaps and the lighter powder to go over the entire brow to blend everything together. I found that the brow pencil made the powder adhere better. Finally I finish the brows with a tinted brow gel (Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Espresso), light-handedly coloring the actually hairs and setting the brows in place. The finished look lasts all day (even though an afternoon nap). After a couple weeks I really got the hang of application and now this routine is a part of my everyday makeup line-up. I admit its a lot of steps and something I never thought I would commit to, but the results look like I have naturally perfect brows so I really cant complain. This powder is expensive, but the colors work so well for me that i really don't want to try out other brands. If I ever had the chance (or could afford) to have Anastasia groom my brows in person I would jump at it. I trust her and her products implicitly with my brows.

on 7/22/2014 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for about 2 years now and I'm obsessed. I recently got in to filling in my brows so they are "on point" and this is perfect for that . Very natural and easy to apply. Definitely a favorite!!