Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo
Did my sister's wedding makeup. Brow Powder DuoBrow Powder DuoBrow Powder Duo

4.8

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have always been an eyebrow powder kind of girl since I started paying serious attention to my eyebrows about 10 years ago because they are starting to thin thanks to aging. And yes, I have done a little bit of over-tweezing, my worst when I thinned them out in my 30’s. If I could go back in time and give a single piece of advice to my younger self, it would be to leave my brows alone and go see a pro for proper shaping. But who really knows, back then thin brows were in.
My first powder product was a tiny little sample that came with the purchase of an eyebrow brush from Sigma Beauty, I think their E75 is a great brush and the powder sample was the perfect shade, I received lots of compliments on my brows. When it ran out I was sad to learn they no longer sold that particular color and got their brow powder duo in light (per their recommendation). Well, it’s a terrible product, patchy and it doesn’t last, if I accidentally rubbed my brows it rubbed off, and forget about trying to have decent brows while sweating. I tossed it and used eyeshadows for a few months, a serious hit or miss item... Finally the eyebrow gods of fleek smiled and Ulta offered the ABH brow powder duo for half price in a 21 days of beauty event. With the nearest Ulta very close to work and a flexible job, I took an early lunch, literally speeding to the store, and grabbed two in Blonde. Compliments returned and I lied about getting two because I knew for sure a co-worker/close friend would give a massive sob story if I confessed I had two and try to get me to come off of my spare. Nope - on fleek brows comes before friendship.
Crisis avoided for several years as it takes so little of this excellent product to fill in where I need it and make my mangled brows look decent. It withstands rubbing waaay better and lived through an outdoor concert / sweat fest as well. It makes me want to buy more ABH brow products, I just got some dipbrow and will be getting a brush, brow gel, primer, and pencil as soon as I can get back to Ulta. If there’s one definite lesson preached loudly, it is the importance of a decent brow, I do mine every day regardless of wether I’m going out for a special occasion or if I’m just gonna clean the house in my grubbies. If a beloved family member should read this, please bury me with my brow stuff, I will need it in the afterlife.
As far as the color blonde is concerned, it looks terrifyingly light in the pan but will darken when applied, especially if my brows have any moisturizer in them. I don’t see any difference between the two shades so I use whatever. I have to admit the whole color selection thing it a bit intimidating, so I went with the few charts I found on the internet that recommends shades based on hair color. The only problem I have come across is if my eyebrows have any unabsorbed moisturizer, sunscreen, or foundation in them, it gets on the brush and transferred into the pan, creating a hard spot / hardpan. I prevent this by wiping the brush off before I dip back into the pan.

on 3/6/2016 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Ash Blonde: nice, neutral taupey shade that is the most natural color I have ever used on my eyebrows. Two shades, I mostly used the lighter one. I've had this product forever but over time my eyebrows have thinned noticeably (age, hormones), and just the powder is not enough to fill in. If you just need a powder to fill in, this is a wonderful product.

I've been using this for at least 6 months, still using my first container, and wow is it amazing! I apply with the ELF brush/spoolie duo and I swirl it around in both shades to create my perfect match.

So easy to use, stays all day and looks very natural. Pricey but TOTALLY worth it and the product lasts a very long time so it's not something that needs to be repurchaced frequently.

on 12/14/2014 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

$22 will last you FOREVER.

Anastasia has updated their product look to a black and rose-gold compact - which I hate - there's something very girly and provincial about the silver striped one! I bought my first and only Ebony brow duo back maybe in 2010 and it's almost 2015...you know how a product has been used because the imprint has been messed up? My brow powder cake still has that on the edges! Plus I've been using this for nearly everyday in my makeup routine (sometimes I use NYX Brow Cake in Ash) and hardly have hit pan. It's just an itty bitty hole on the darker side of the shadow.
This is soooo pigmented that you don't have to dip and swipe your brush too many times, which is why one compact has lasted me well beyond 4 years. Looking at how much I have left, I could say it could go for another 4?

It's gotten a lot of loving, but it looks half-used. It's crazy.

on 6/15/2014 10:09:00 PM

This powder duo is part of my everyday eyebrow routine. First, it is hard to beat Anastasia brow products, generally. I use this and their brow pencil and gel. I have very sparse eyebrows especially from mid eye out. I have blonde hair so I use the lightest powder color that Anastasia makes and a slanted eyeliner brush to apply it to any hair that it will catch on to. I even make it a point to put some of my foundation primer over my brows to help the powder adhere to the hair. I then fill in any areas that remain in need with the brow pencil, using short upward flicks. I finish with the gel which (I think) gives my eyebrows a bit more dimension and hold. My eyebrows look great until I take my make up off at night. These three products are my HG eyebrow products and I am never without a back up. I highly recommend them but will say that it takes some practice to perfect eyebrows that lack .... well, hair. Good luck!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this for $35 CAD but I think it was worth every penny. I recommend testing this out in person before buying to make sure the powder you buy suits your hair and skintone, just in case. My only issue is that powder eyebrows I find always take me more time to fill my brows. Unless it's pricey for you to shell out over $20 for an eyebrow product this is a must-have

on 3/28/2014 7:08:00 AM

First brow filling product that satisfied me to the point I don't feel like trying anything else or ever switching out.

on 8/27/2013 10:09:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I'm a redhead with very light, invisible eyebrows. They are naturally nicely shaped and the right thickness but they are just too hard to see. There are pictures of me where you can't see my eyebrows at all and I look weird, that's how pale they are! I've tried adding definition with pencils before but could the coloring was always little off and looked too harsh. I read about this brow powder and decided to try this in the Caramel color. True love from the start--I am now one of those girls obsessed with my brows! Absolutely love it! I've used it everyday for almost 2 months and I've barely made a dent in the compact. I was really skeptical about paying so much for such a tiny tin, but believe me, worth every single penny! A little goes a long way and it lasts all day. I like the lighter side for every day and the darker color is fantastic for when I need a little more oomph. They do mix nicely but for me either one on its own still look very natural. No one can ever pinpoint that I've done something to my brows (which is very important to me) but they pick up the difference defined brows can make to your whole face. Even though nothing else about my eye makeup routine has changed, I get tons of compliments on how beautiful my eyes look! I seriously have never been so in love with a makeup product before!

on 6/28/2013 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I do not regret splurging on this product one bit! I have finally found a perfect match for my blonde eyebrows. I have eyebrows, but they are so light. With this magical powder, I can give them enough color to frame my face without going too dark. I have had this for a couple of months and use it every day and it is barely even dented. I know this will last a long time. Well worth the money.

on 5/12/2013 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the first brow shadow I've ever purchased and I Love it! So natural looking if I had known I would have bought it much sooner!!!