Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Brow Powder Duo
Did my sister's wedding makeup. Brow Powder DuoBrow Powder DuoBrow Powder Duo

4.6

on 9/18/2017 11:44:00 AM

I've done pencils, pomade, gels and tints. Nothing looks as natural as powder. My go to for finishing is always Anastasia brow gel. It plays nice with the powder. The pigmentation of "Taupe" is pretty good for such a light color. I get much better payoff and wearability when I use a clear wax under this. I use a cheap Milani wax pencil for that. This takes longer than a pencil but I definitely prefer the look. For reference, I have unruly medium thickness brows with a few sparse areas. This shapes them up and fills in the bare spaces. I like them to be on the thicker side when I'm done.

A little pricey, but this powder is pigmented so you do not need to use much. I have tried multiple other brow powders, and this is the best one that goes on smoothly, lasts all day, and looks natural. Nice sleek packaging that is easy to travel with . I only wish it was a little bigger and more product since I do my eyebrows everyday

I have the old version (silver case with mirror) in Medium Brown and hit pan a few months ago. This was the first brow product that really made a difference for my brows and made my makeup look really look "done." Before this, I'd tried brow products from NYC (a powder and wax), Revlon (a spoolie and pencil) and other brands (numerous brow pencils) that have faded from the ether of my memory, to no success.

For whatever reason, my eyebrows look better when I use the lighter color where my eyebrows start (closer to my nosebridge) and then I use the darker color to fill in the brow and extend the line. I use a Paula Dorf eyebrow brush (one of the good ones before their quality went to...).

I indicated that I would repurchase, but I'm kind of on the fence because I've actually bought Anastasia's DipBrow Pomade to replace this. There's much more of a learning curve to DipBrow but I like the pomade part of the product and I'm hoping it keeps my longer brow hairs down.

on 7/28/2017 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

As someone with TRUE olive skin and extra black hair, I need a brow shade to match perfectly- if I go lighter it looks unnatural, so I picked up Granite(see picture above) although my brows are full, my arch is not as full as the Middle of my browsv and I do need slight definition, so I decided to try this out. The powder is very well milled, I love the fact you have two different shades to mix up because both work amazing for my brows. It applies easily but not a precise as I wish- it's good for when I'm doing natural looks or just trying to frame my face slightly. Its not as long lasting as I wish it was, and it transfers easily.The Anastasia brow brush #14 is giving me trouble when applying because the bristles hand too low, it's too long and it flicks the product everywhere lol. I need to find a brush to help me work this out.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my go to eyebrow product. I bought it once and never looked back. I use the dark brown and it last alllllll day, even when I go to the gym after work and sweat, my eyebrows still look great and are still on (unless i wipe it off). I love this product, the duo lets you shade the front of your eyebrows (towards your nose) lighter which creates a gradient. Will buy again and again

Wow, I've been on quite a brow journey, and I'd have to say, this is it. This is my saving grace when it comes to my brows. ABH also has a dipbrow pomade, also a great product, but it was notably more time consuming for me to do it this way, and I needed to get out of the house quicker. I find that the powder is SO much easier to use, and a hell of a lot quicker. It creates the softer look I'm going for. I think it's easier if you're a beginner too, and creates less boo boos than if you mess up with a pomade. Price wise, I would likely never have bought it on its own, (wonderful as it is) had the bold brow kit that includes the powder had my shade. (Sucks to be a redhead!!) But I would recommend the kit because of the brush and spoolie that comes with it. It grabs and deposits the product so well, and running that spoolie through distributes the powder out for that softer look. (It's also got the brow gel! Which all three separately would have cost more on their own) this powder is my holy grail and all time favorite. Would definitely recommend! :-):-)

on 4/12/2016 2:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my-go to product for eyebrows. I have the pomade as well, which I love, but I actually prefer the powder duo. The powder gives me more natural eyebrows.I start off with the brow wiz and then apply the powder. At first, I only used one of the colours because the other one was too light. When I ran out of the darker colour I didn't want to throw it out, so I began using the other one, with a darker brow wiz underneath it. That actually works really well too. I have also used the powder (both colours) on its own without a brow wiz and that works equally well.

I have used the powder for about two years (not every single day though) and I still have a lot of the lighter colour left. It lasts for ages because you need so little. I find that this powder has great staying power. After a session at the gym, my eyebrows still look the same. The powder stays on until I remove it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have naturally thin and quite sparse and uneven black eyebrows and i bought this one in 'Ash Brown' which is a perfect grey shade for my brows, no warmth at all. Granite was sold out but after using this i think it is much better because the darker shade is dark enough but not black. The tails of my brows are almost non existent and this powder does a great job giving me a brow without actually disappearing by the end of the day. In fact i slept with the powder still on my brows and i woke up with brows, the powder didnt move which was impressing. The lasting power is great and the amount of product is enough to last a while so dont let the price discourage you.

As for the packaging, it is glossy black plastic with a gold pink logo on top and a little mirror inside. Not bad, but i preferred the old grey metallic one.

I also bought the 12 brush but i mostly use it with my MAC 208 brush which is small enough for my thin eyebrows.

I definitely recommend it

One last thing. Ladies with black eyebrows like mine should opt for GREY tints for their brows and NOT browns which look unnatural. Ash brown is perfect for our brows.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have it in blonde and i've got very blonde eyebrows, invisible almost. Specially now in the summer. I don't think a powder is the way to go for eyebrows like mine. I need something that colors my hairs and also give shape. I think it will be much better if you have good color on your brows but just need a bit extra. One problem thou is the colors, the blonde is the lightest warm shade and I would not call it light, it's much more a medium shade.

on 9/26/2016 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this product a month or two ago, and now that my brows look great every day, I feel at peace. I have never found a brow shade that matches as well as this brow powder duo in dark brown (I have medium cool brown hair). I could probably have gone with soft brown, but I like to use this very sparingly to fill in my brows ever so slightly. The powder stays on all day, doesn't budge, also a little difficult to remove.

Popular Brows Products