Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

Did my sister's wedding makeup. Brow Powder DuoBrow Powder DuoBrow Powder Duo

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have naturally thin and quite sparse and uneven black eyebrows and i bought this one in 'Ash Brown' which is a perfect grey shade for my brows, no warmth at all. Granite was sold out but after using this i think it is much better because the darker shade is dark enough but not black. The tails of my brows are almost non existent and this powder does a great job giving me a brow without actually disappearing by the end of the day. In fact i slept with the powder still on my brows and i woke up with brows, the powder didnt move which was impressing. The lasting power is great and the amount of product is enough to last a while so dont let the price discourage you.

As for the packaging, it is glossy black plastic with a gold pink logo on top and a little mirror inside. Not bad, but i preferred the old grey metallic one.

I also bought the 12 brush but i mostly use it with my MAC 208 brush which is small enough for my thin eyebrows.

I definitely recommend it

One last thing. Ladies with black eyebrows like mine should opt for GREY tints for their brows and NOT browns which look unnatural. Ash brown is perfect for our brows.

on 4/12/2016 2:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my-go to product for eyebrows. I have the pomade as well, which I love, but I actually prefer the powder duo. The powder gives me more natural eyebrows.I start off with the brow wiz and then apply the powder. At first, I only used one of the colours because the other one was too light. When I ran out of the darker colour I didn't want to throw it out, so I began using the other one, with a darker brow wiz underneath it. That actually works really well too. I have also used the powder (both colours) on its own without a brow wiz and that works equally well.

I have used the powder for about two years (not every single day though) and I still have a lot of the lighter colour left. It lasts for ages because you need so little. I find that this powder has great staying power. After a session at the gym, my eyebrows still look the same. The powder stays on until I remove it.

on 1/12/2016 7:20:00 PM

This is a very nice product for quick and natural brows or if you want to fill in sparse areas after using the dip brow pomade.

I usually use this after lining my brows with dip brow pomade just to fill in any sparse or empty areas the pomade couldn't get.

on 12/14/2015 11:25:00 AM

I have this in medium brown and I find that both the colours work perfectly in any season for me (summer I have light brown hair then winter dark brown almost black). I suggest getting the brush from this line too, it really makes this product work well. This is my 2nd item (I tried the clear brow gel) from this line and after this I would like to try the brow wiz as I've heard nothing but great reviews :) I just started to hit a dip in my pan and I've been using this stuff since June? That's also 4-5 days of use per week since that month until now.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Love this. I have it in Dark Brown and in lasts for like six months. Super natural and easy to apply:)

I've been using this for at least 6 months, still using my first container, and wow is it amazing! I apply with the ELF brush/spoolie duo and I swirl it around in both shades to create my perfect match.

So easy to use, stays all day and looks very natural. Pricey but TOTALLY worth it and the product lasts a very long time so it's not something that needs to be repurchaced frequently.

on 4/6/2015 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!!
I have used this product for about 6 years now and have yet to find anything that compares. I use 'ash blonde' and it matches my hair and complexion perfectly. The look is natural and people are shocked when I say I fill in my brows. I have very blonde eyebrows (most of my hair is clear) that are sparsely filled, this product is almost a daily essential for me. I can apply it very quickly and accurately with a brow brush (tip-moistening the brush first will help the powder stay on longer). Like other users have said, its fool proof. You can brush and wipe the color off your brows easily if you apply it wrong yet it stays in all day on its own. A must for the brow-obsessed!!

on 12/14/2014 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

$22 will last you FOREVER.

Anastasia has updated their product look to a black and rose-gold compact - which I hate - there's something very girly and provincial about the silver striped one! I bought my first and only Ebony brow duo back maybe in 2010 and it's almost 2015...you know how a product has been used because the imprint has been messed up? My brow powder cake still has that on the edges! Plus I've been using this for nearly everyday in my makeup routine (sometimes I use NYX Brow Cake in Ash) and hardly have hit pan. It's just an itty bitty hole on the darker side of the shadow.
This is soooo pigmented that you don't have to dip and swipe your brush too many times, which is why one compact has lasted me well beyond 4 years. Looking at how much I have left, I could say it could go for another 4?

It's gotten a lot of loving, but it looks half-used. It's crazy.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Review for Dark Brown --

Color: I have medium copper/auburn hair, with very light eyebrows. I generally only use the lighter of the two shades, but I like having the option of the darker shade to pull off more dramatic looks. The light shade would work great for darker red, light brown, or dark blonde hair. The darker side of the palette would be great for dark brunette or even black hair. Very versatile.

Lifespan: I've had this for ~3 months or so, and I've only made a small dent in the shade that I use, even though the packaging is quite small.

Packaging: Speaking of packaging, I LOVE the fact that the packaging is so small (just under 2 inch diameter). I somewhat wish that there was some kind of tiny travel angled brush that tucked in to the case, but that would just make it bulky. The size makes it very easy to travel with, and I do make frequent use of the tiny mirror in the inside of the lid.

Application: I use a dry short angled liner brush by Ecotools. This gives a very natural look. No "drawn on" or unnatural looking brows for me.

Staying Power: A+. Will even still mostly be on in the morning if I don't remove it the night before.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this for $35 CAD but I think it was worth every penny. I recommend testing this out in person before buying to make sure the powder you buy suits your hair and skintone, just in case. My only issue is that powder eyebrows I find always take me more time to fill my brows. Unless it's pricey for you to shell out over $20 for an eyebrow product this is a must-have

Popular Brows Products