Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo
Did my sister's wedding makeup. Brow Powder DuoBrow Powder DuoBrow Powder Duo

4.6

on 1/21/2010 6:32:00 PM

This product, in my opinion, is pure useless crap, but marketing genius. I don't wear brow powder daily or even yearly, but have worn if for photos & weddings. Does not hold a candle to Shiseido's brow powder, and the darkest color of Ebony duo, has a warm undertone that may suit those with dark skins and dark brows, but not someone like me with medium-light skin and super dark brows. A good eye shadow would better than this junk. The product is too powdery and does not work well with mixing mediums.

I was very dissapointed by the color of this (blonde one). It made my eyebrows look dirty, almost gray. I definitely have blonde eyebrows, so I'm not sure what's up with the color looking so weird. I'll stick to my BE brow powder in pale/ash blonde.

on 4/11/2018 6:09:00 PM

Very disappointed with this product. I bought this colour in taupe and it made my eyebrows look ginger. Not the colour I was looking for. The price is a lot too.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I used the colour medium ash, and it lives up to its name, it makes my whole face look "ashy".

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I have very black hair but very light eyebrows so I wanted an eyebrow powder to fill in my eyebrows ,but still make them look natural and this eyebrow kit just didn't do it for me. The powder color didn't look good with my dark hair and I pretty much got the same effect as I was getting before with a Mac eyeshadow I was using. I ended up returning this thing, and found an eyebrow kit that I absolutely LOVE! The Bare Escentual kit gave me the results that I was looking for. My eyebrows have never looked better. So if your looking for an eyebrow kit I really recommend the Bare Escentual one instead of this!

on 5/25/2009 7:46:00 AM

I must be in the minority here, but I didnt enjoy this product at all. I did receive it in a kit, but even still it was insanely pricey. The colors did not match my hairs at all and make them look fake. On top of that, even though the product has never been dropped, it seems to want to crumble. Not my favorite.

on 12/18/2008 11:41:00 PM

i got the darkest colors for my almost black eyebrows, and dark brown hair. although it didnt give me horrid black stripes for eyebrows, the color was a bit off. too... eh, laura mercier is better for me, and mac's brun eyeshadow is GREAT. i think this could work well if you had warmer hair color than me, mine is more ashy dark brown.

I have this in medium brown, which is the best shade match I've ever found for my neutral medium/dark brown hair (I'm half Chinese, and find that nearly all of us halfers tend to have the same hair colour/undertone if it helps any of you guys). Nearly every other brow product seems to be very warm toned.

I like the compact packaging and how long it lasts (I hit pan in three months, but I've been using it nearly daily for a year and a half and it's still going strong) but the quality of the formula itself is mediocre. It is not long lasting nor pigmented unless I use a wet brush to apply, but if I use a wet brush to apply then it doesn't look natural at all, which negates the purpose of a powder. It also clings to hair as opposed to sticking to skin, which means that you have to already have a fantastic existing eyebrow shape if you want it to look great. So yeah - this product will only really work well for people who already have a perfect brow shape which is moderately dense. It's workable otherwise, but not ideal. I have used other cheaper brow powders that were the perfect cross between decently pigmented/still natural and they outperformed this in wear and appearance, but weren't a good colour match.

Eyeshadow outperforms this easily when it comes to formula. If I could find a neutral/cool colour match in eyeshadow I would drop this in a heartbeat. But as it is, this gets the job done while being extremely cheap if you look at how much product you get.

this is a really good brow powder, it is very soft and natural looking i like that there are 2 shades in this so you can customize your look with it. i bought it once at retail and once during ulta’s sale and i dont think i will ever need to rebuy it -(i also think i wont ever buy another high end brow product again, its just not that worth it to blow through $$ like that)-

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have it in blonde and i've got very blonde eyebrows, invisible almost. Specially now in the summer. I don't think a powder is the way to go for eyebrows like mine. I need something that colors my hairs and also give shape. I think it will be much better if you have good color on your brows but just need a bit extra. One problem thou is the colors, the blonde is the lightest warm shade and I would not call it light, it's much more a medium shade.

Popular Brows Products