Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Brow Powder Duo
Did my sister's wedding makeup. Brow Powder DuoBrow Powder DuoBrow Powder Duo

4.6

on 1/21/2010 6:32:00 PM

This product, in my opinion, is pure useless crap, but marketing genius. I don't wear brow powder daily or even yearly, but have worn if for photos & weddings. Does not hold a candle to Shiseido's brow powder, and the darkest color of Ebony duo, has a warm undertone that may suit those with dark skins and dark brows, but not someone like me with medium-light skin and super dark brows. A good eye shadow would better than this junk. The product is too powdery and does not work well with mixing mediums.

I was very dissapointed by the color of this (blonde one). It made my eyebrows look dirty, almost gray. I definitely have blonde eyebrows, so I'm not sure what's up with the color looking so weird. I'll stick to my BE brow powder in pale/ash blonde.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I used the colour medium ash, and it lives up to its name, it makes my whole face look "ashy".

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I have very black hair but very light eyebrows so I wanted an eyebrow powder to fill in my eyebrows ,but still make them look natural and this eyebrow kit just didn't do it for me. The powder color didn't look good with my dark hair and I pretty much got the same effect as I was getting before with a Mac eyeshadow I was using. I ended up returning this thing, and found an eyebrow kit that I absolutely LOVE! The Bare Escentual kit gave me the results that I was looking for. My eyebrows have never looked better. So if your looking for an eyebrow kit I really recommend the Bare Escentual one instead of this!

on 5/25/2009 7:46:00 AM

I must be in the minority here, but I didnt enjoy this product at all. I did receive it in a kit, but even still it was insanely pricey. The colors did not match my hairs at all and make them look fake. On top of that, even though the product has never been dropped, it seems to want to crumble. Not my favorite.

on 12/18/2008 11:41:00 PM

i got the darkest colors for my almost black eyebrows, and dark brown hair. although it didnt give me horrid black stripes for eyebrows, the color was a bit off. too... eh, laura mercier is better for me, and mac's brun eyeshadow is GREAT. i think this could work well if you had warmer hair color than me, mine is more ashy dark brown.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have it in blonde and i've got very blonde eyebrows, invisible almost. Specially now in the summer. I don't think a powder is the way to go for eyebrows like mine. I need something that colors my hairs and also give shape. I think it will be much better if you have good color on your brows but just need a bit extra. One problem thou is the colors, the blonde is the lightest warm shade and I would not call it light, it's much more a medium shade.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I got this as a sample in "Light Brown" and thought it was great, but maybe a little too light for me. I like a darker powder for my brows, light brown looks a bit reddish on me. The staying power was great and it applied evenly, but for the price, I'd rather buy Tarte brow powder.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The Blonde is the color that works best for me, and either of the two shades in the compact work, since they are extremely close (much more so than the other duos). But in the end, I still prefer my Estee Lauder Soft Blond Refillable pencil. The color is just a bit softer, and while I hate that it's kind of bulky, it's more natural on me. Plus, it appears that I'm allergic to every brow product from this brand, I don't know what it is, but I can't use them. As a reference I found this to be lighter and more golden than MAC Omega or MAC Fling. I marked that I would buy it again, because I think this color is very hard to find, but as I mentioned, I returned it. Although, one thing I noticed is that when I brushed my brows after applying, a lot of product ended up, above my brow, and I had to remove it with a Q-tip. Maybe I had just put too much on, but I've not had that with any other brow powder.

Let me start out by saying that this is the first and only brow powder/product I've ever used. So I don't have much to compare it to. That said, I do like it. I have the ash blonde/medium brown duo. It stays put for a full day as far as I can tell (with using wax and a brow gel). The reason I won't repurchase is that it is expensive and I'd like to try some other (cheaper) powders to see if there's any difference.

Popular Brows Products