Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo
Did my sister's wedding makeup. Brow Powder DuoBrow Powder DuoBrow Powder Duo

4.6

I have this in medium brown, which is the best shade match I've ever found for my neutral medium/dark brown hair (I'm half Chinese, and find that nearly all of us halfers tend to have the same hair colour/undertone if it helps any of you guys). Nearly every other brow product seems to be very warm toned.

I like the compact packaging and how long it lasts (I hit pan in three months, but I've been using it nearly daily for a year and a half and it's still going strong) but the quality of the formula itself is mediocre. It is not long lasting nor pigmented unless I use a wet brush to apply, but if I use a wet brush to apply then it doesn't look natural at all, which negates the purpose of a powder. It also clings to hair as opposed to sticking to skin, which means that you have to already have a fantastic existing eyebrow shape if you want it to look great. So yeah - this product will only really work well for people who already have a perfect brow shape which is moderately dense. It's workable otherwise, but not ideal. I have used other cheaper brow powders that were the perfect cross between decently pigmented/still natural and they outperformed this in wear and appearance, but weren't a good colour match.

Eyeshadow outperforms this easily when it comes to formula. If I could find a neutral/cool colour match in eyeshadow I would drop this in a heartbeat. But as it is, this gets the job done while being extremely cheap if you look at how much product you get.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have this in Caramel. The darker shade is perfect for my natural red hair, I’m like a light auburn kind of red. The light side is too orangey on its own. I have to use it lightly. I almost picked up Aburn but I think it’s too dark. I wish they made a third option for redheads somewhere between the two. The powder is excellent. Very expensive. I’m not sure I like it any more than my trusty MAC cork eyeshadow. And I got Sigma brow powder in Aburn (for some reason it’s only in their store and not online) and I like both of those shades and they perform just as well. And it was $3.50. I may return this because I’m not sure it’s worth the price for imperfect shade choices.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is the only powder that has worked for me so far. I have tired so many it doesn't change color. I have the Med Ash/Med Brown and it is just that brown does not turn red which is great!

on 5/4/2018 11:02:00 PM

This is the only eyebrow product I use. I’m relatively lucky with my brows as I never overplucked and have a natural shape I like. I use this to fill them in and it takes about 30 seconds to do both my brows. Honestly, the powder is very natural looking if used to fill in rather than create a brow. If you are the type of person who likes to draw in a shape then fill with thin hairstrokes, I really can’t say if the product would be good or bad. But I could imagine that precision with a powder being extremely difficult.

The other reason this is my holy grail powder over others is because of the color and staying power. I purchase it in taupe and the color match is spot on. It doesn’t wear off or lighten during the day. Sometimes I even get headaches and will rub my forehead and I have never had an issue rubbing off a brow!

Although this can be considered a more expensive eyebrow powder, this will last me at least 6 months as it is very pigmented and a little goes a long way. To me, it’s worth the price when I saw its dependability (no worrying if it’s still on my face during the day or smeared) and how much use I can get out of it.

on 3/3/2018 9:22:00 PM

I don't know what happened, but between electrolysis at an early age (and I mean EARLY—my mother thought my brows were too much) and now my brows just pretty much vanished. I tried the Anastasia stencil kit but found this, and it's really all I need. I use the lighter shade to fill in the part closer to my nose and the darker shade for the rest. And that's it. No pomade needed. It stays all day through any kind of workout or weather and washes off at night. Of course, it's not going to look like individual lashes and I'm not in a hurry to test-drive microneedling, but it has made all the difference. I even got my mother a compact of it, as her brows are even worse than mine—they're sharp little arrows with no arch, and they make her look angry. It has softened her expression, just by virtue of her having nice brows again. Truly a HG product for me, born of necessity.

on 9/18/2017 11:44:00 AM

I've done pencils, pomade, gels and tints. Nothing looks as natural as powder. My go to for finishing is always Anastasia brow gel. It plays nice with the powder. The pigmentation of "Taupe" is pretty good for such a light color. I get much better payoff and wearability when I use a clear wax under this. I use a cheap Milani wax pencil for that. This takes longer than a pencil but I definitely prefer the look. For reference, I have unruly medium thickness brows with a few sparse areas. This shapes them up and fills in the bare spaces. I like them to be on the thicker side when I'm done.

on 7/28/2017 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

As someone with TRUE olive skin and extra black hair, I need a brow shade to match perfectly- if I go lighter it looks unnatural, so I picked up Granite(see picture above) although my brows are full, my arch is not as full as the Middle of my browsv and I do need slight definition, so I decided to try this out. The powder is very well milled, I love the fact you have two different shades to mix up because both work amazing for my brows. It applies easily but not a precise as I wish- it's good for when I'm doing natural looks or just trying to frame my face slightly. Its not as long lasting as I wish it was, and it transfers easily.The Anastasia brow brush #14 is giving me trouble when applying because the bristles hand too low, it's too long and it flicks the product everywhere lol. I need to find a brush to help me work this out.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my go to eyebrow product. I bought it once and never looked back. I use the dark brown and it last alllllll day, even when I go to the gym after work and sweat, my eyebrows still look great and are still on (unless i wipe it off). I love this product, the duo lets you shade the front of your eyebrows (towards your nose) lighter which creates a gradient. Will buy again and again

I have the old version (silver case with mirror) in Medium Brown and hit pan a few months ago. This was the first brow product that really made a difference for my brows and made my makeup look really look "done." Before this, I'd tried brow products from NYC (a powder and wax), Revlon (a spoolie and pencil) and other brands (numerous brow pencils) that have faded from the ether of my memory, to no success.

For whatever reason, my eyebrows look better when I use the lighter color where my eyebrows start (closer to my nosebridge) and then I use the darker color to fill in the brow and extend the line. I use a Paula Dorf eyebrow brush (one of the good ones before their quality went to...).

I indicated that I would repurchase, but I'm kind of on the fence because I've actually bought Anastasia's DipBrow Pomade to replace this. There's much more of a learning curve to DipBrow but I like the pomade part of the product and I'm hoping it keeps my longer brow hairs down.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have naturally thin and quite sparse and uneven black eyebrows and i bought this one in 'Ash Brown' which is a perfect grey shade for my brows, no warmth at all. Granite was sold out but after using this i think it is much better because the darker shade is dark enough but not black. The tails of my brows are almost non existent and this powder does a great job giving me a brow without actually disappearing by the end of the day. In fact i slept with the powder still on my brows and i woke up with brows, the powder didnt move which was impressing. The lasting power is great and the amount of product is enough to last a while so dont let the price discourage you.

As for the packaging, it is glossy black plastic with a gold pink logo on top and a little mirror inside. Not bad, but i preferred the old grey metallic one.

I also bought the 12 brush but i mostly use it with my MAC 208 brush which is small enough for my thin eyebrows.

I definitely recommend it

One last thing. Ladies with black eyebrows like mine should opt for GREY tints for their brows and NOT browns which look unnatural. Ash brown is perfect for our brows.

Popular Brows Products