Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo
Did my sister's wedding makeup. Brow Powder DuoBrow Powder DuoBrow Powder Duo

4.5

on 6/11/2004 8:37:00 PM

Excellent product. I use the ash blonde, just about every day. Better than smashbox and Stila, in my opinion. Love the color and it stays put. Gives me my own brows, only better.

on 11/27/2006 3:32:00 PM

The Brunette color stayed on well but made my brows appear a bit green. The brown color was too ruddy for me. The brow pomade went on easily & had good staying power but the color seemed off. It is a good product though. I took it back to Sephora & exchanged it for the Makeup For Ever waterproof eyebrow corrector in brunette, which I prefer to all other brow products I tried.

on 9/26/2007 11:28:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I got the duo brow powder in brunette (came in my 5 pc kit). It is THE BEST BROW POWDER EVER!!!! the color is a PERFECT match for my brows-finally-after using various brands and colors this is the best! The powder is not too powdery and fills in great- no obvious powdery-ness like my former fav- stila duos. Lasts all day too. My only complaint is that its kind of small amount of product. But I will definitely repurchase anyways. Found my HG brow powder

on 12/3/2007 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the duo in Medium Ash and it is the best brow powder ever. Not only are the shades perfect for me (I have black hair but my brows are very sparse and my skin is pale so I need a lighter brow color) but the compact is gorgeous and practical. It is perfect--not too big and not too small with a mirror! The lighter shade alone is just a tad too light for me to look convincing but I can use both the light and dark shades blended together or just the dark shade on its own. Sometimes I use the powder with my Clinique Superfine brow pencil in soft brown l for bad brow days. The shade and quality of the darker color in the medium ash duo is a lot like the old Body Shop brow powder from 10 years ago which I loved but lost quite a while back. TBS has since come out with a new brow powder but it's nowhere close to the old one I had. I don't see how I could ever finish this duo but I think I'll get a backup just in case Anastasia decides to discontinue the medium ash duo.

on 3/15/2008 1:48:00 AM

I got Medium ash for my dark brown brows. I have light brown hair, and a lot of colors just add red to my brows, or make them even darker. I need them filled in. This powder does a great job at that. It looks natural and lasts. I would have liked this to come with a bit of wax, but right now I'll settle for using some Ardell Lash/ brow accelerator over it. Even though it works well, I don't think I'd buy this again. It's expensive for a brow product. My real gripe is with the compact. It is a bit annoying to flip open. Several times now I have opened the little clasp only to have my thumbnail slip and land in the powder. Dents and chunks missing from my powder, lots of wasted product, and a big brown smudge underneath my nail to scrub off. Sure, I could be more careful, but I'm half comatose when I'm doing my makeup in the morning. This is annoying enough for me not to repurchase.

on 6/11/2008 3:32:00 AM

I have naturally pretty well shaped brows, they are on the thicker side, and basically black. I wax and tweeze now and again but I honestly never used anything for my brows for the first 23 years of my life (no powders, pencils, anything). But now, I am converted to this powder. I love how neutral it is, and the color (brunette) work amazing for me. My eyebrows look like my own, but better. This bp does a fantastic job of filling and defining the shape, I love love love. I use both colors, the darker more towards the outer edge of the brow. It really is true that your eyebrows frame your face, and defining them is a grand idea! I feel a little sheepish writing this review because I know most people reading this have probably already used brow pencils or powders, etc. So for first timers, this is very user friendly. I'm pretty sure I won't try anything else. I'm hooked.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I’m a newbie when it comes to filling in my brows. I ordered a sample of this brow powder with my last online order from Sephora. It came in Brunette and Ash Blonde. This will sound crazy, being a natural brunette with dark brows, but I ended up liking, and purchasing, the Ash Blonde. I have bleach blonde hair and am paranoid about making my brows look darker – that’s why I never really used brow powder or pencils before. The Ash Blonde defines my brows without making them appear darker whatsoever. I use the darker side on the “tails” of my brows where they are more sparse and the lighter side on the thicker front half. This might sound insane, but it works surprisingly well, and I have only had good comments on my brows since I started filling them in every day. I was really surprised at how much better filling in my brows makes my face look.. I do not feel “done” without doing my brows now! I can’t believe that I went for twenty years without this knowledge. Grr. Anyways, I’m glad I picked that sample:) The product comes in a small compact with a teeny mirror inside. The one downside is the high price, but to me it is worth it since I like this stuff so much. The amount of actual powder you get does seem small, but it should last for ages. I will definitely repurchase when needed. I’d also recommend it to first time users, just grab a small angle brush and try it!

on 9/13/2008 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I tried this in Brunette and I am SO happy I did! This gave me a MUCH more natural look at defining my sparse brows than any Brow Pencil has ever done. I was skeptical about using this at first but even my cheap Avon brow brush did the job and gave me natural looking brows.

I was very dissapointed by the color of this (blonde one). It made my eyebrows look dirty, almost gray. I definitely have blonde eyebrows, so I'm not sure what's up with the color looking so weird. I'll stick to my BE brow powder in pale/ash blonde.

on 12/22/2008 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really needed a great brow product like this and I am thrilled I found it. I received this as a sample and have purchased the full size. I use the darker side of Brunette for my almost black brows. This powder helps me define and fill my brows. I was previously using MAC Espresso for a decent look but this far superior. It lasts all day and it's really easy to use with MAC 266.

Popular Brows Products