Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo
Did my sister's wedding makeup. Brow Powder DuoBrow Powder DuoBrow Powder Duo

4.6

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have always been an eyebrow powder kind of girl since I started paying serious attention to my eyebrows about 10 years ago because they are starting to thin thanks to aging. And yes, I have done a little bit of over-tweezing, my worst when I thinned them out in my 30’s. If I could go back in time and give a single piece of advice to my younger self, it would be to leave my brows alone and go see a pro for proper shaping. But who really knows, back then thin brows were in.
My first powder product was a tiny little sample that came with the purchase of an eyebrow brush from Sigma Beauty, I think their E75 is a great brush and the powder sample was the perfect shade, I received lots of compliments on my brows. When it ran out I was sad to learn they no longer sold that particular color and got their brow powder duo in light (per their recommendation). Well, it’s a terrible product, patchy and it doesn’t last, if I accidentally rubbed my brows it rubbed off, and forget about trying to have decent brows while sweating. I tossed it and used eyeshadows for a few months, a serious hit or miss item... Finally the eyebrow gods of fleek smiled and Ulta offered the ABH brow powder duo for half price in a 21 days of beauty event. With the nearest Ulta very close to work and a flexible job, I took an early lunch, literally speeding to the store, and grabbed two in Blonde. Compliments returned and I lied about getting two because I knew for sure a co-worker/close friend would give a massive sob story if I confessed I had two and try to get me to come off of my spare. Nope - on fleek brows comes before friendship.
Crisis avoided for several years as it takes so little of this excellent product to fill in where I need it and make my mangled brows look decent. It withstands rubbing waaay better and lived through an outdoor concert / sweat fest as well. It makes me want to buy more ABH brow products, I just got some dipbrow and will be getting a brush, brow gel, primer, and pencil as soon as I can get back to Ulta. If there’s one definite lesson preached loudly, it is the importance of a decent brow, I do mine every day regardless of wether I’m going out for a special occasion or if I’m just gonna clean the house in my grubbies. If a beloved family member should read this, please bury me with my brow stuff, I will need it in the afterlife.
As far as the color blonde is concerned, it looks terrifyingly light in the pan but will darken when applied, especially if my brows have any moisturizer in them. I don’t see any difference between the two shades so I use whatever. I have to admit the whole color selection thing it a bit intimidating, so I went with the few charts I found on the internet that recommends shades based on hair color. The only problem I have come across is if my eyebrows have any unabsorbed moisturizer, sunscreen, or foundation in them, it gets on the brush and transferred into the pan, creating a hard spot / hardpan. I prevent this by wiping the brush off before I dip back into the pan.

on 3/3/2018 9:22:00 PM

I don't know what happened, but between electrolysis at an early age (and I mean EARLY—my mother thought my brows were too much) and now my brows just pretty much vanished. I tried the Anastasia stencil kit but found this, and it's really all I need. I use the lighter shade to fill in the part closer to my nose and the darker shade for the rest. And that's it. No pomade needed. It stays all day through any kind of workout or weather and washes off at night. Of course, it's not going to look like individual lashes and I'm not in a hurry to test-drive microneedling, but it has made all the difference. I even got my mother a compact of it, as her brows are even worse than mine—they're sharp little arrows with no arch, and they make her look angry. It has softened her expression, just by virtue of her having nice brows again. Truly a HG product for me, born of necessity.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The Blonde is the color that works best for me, and either of the two shades in the compact work, since they are extremely close (much more so than the other duos). But in the end, I still prefer my Estee Lauder Soft Blond Refillable pencil. The color is just a bit softer, and while I hate that it's kind of bulky, it's more natural on me. Plus, it appears that I'm allergic to every brow product from this brand, I don't know what it is, but I can't use them. As a reference I found this to be lighter and more golden than MAC Omega or MAC Fling. I marked that I would buy it again, because I think this color is very hard to find, but as I mentioned, I returned it. Although, one thing I noticed is that when I brushed my brows after applying, a lot of product ended up, above my brow, and I had to remove it with a Q-tip. Maybe I had just put too much on, but I've not had that with any other brow powder.

on 3/25/2014 6:31:00 PM

I have always used cheap Rimmel eyebrow pencils or whatever brown eye shadow I had on hand for my brows. I am lucky in that I am fair with brown hair and dark brows that don't really require a lot of maintenance. Many days I do absolutely nothing to them. Now that I am getting older, the hairs themselves are getting lighter so I have been using this to just darken the few grays I am getting rather than pulling them out (which I was doing until the person who waxes my brows scolded me).

I really like this powder - I use dark brown. I am not sure why it is different from eyeshadow but it goes on very smoothly and a mixture of the two colors is perfect for me. It stays on all day and my brows look very natural and groomed. I started using this when I got a sample from somewhere and the sample lasted a long time even though it was just some of the powder stuck on paper so I imagine this little compact will last a long time. I am tossing the old Rimmel pencils and switching to this permanently.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

You won' t regret buying this product. I have the brunette and use it every day and marvel every time I use it. I have dark brows that have some gray and have become thin at the ends and this solves both problems perfectly.

on 10/31/2010 6:58:00 PM

I have this in ash brown which is for light brown or medium brown hair color. So far this is the best powder I've used. Applies well, lasts all day, doesn't feel weird on ( that strange hairspray fee on the brows) and doesn't make me itch. A winner.

on 4/17/2010 8:06:00 PM

I was never one to use brow makeup because I could never find the right product. The search is over. My brows are dark brown, and Medium Ash shade works perfectly. With this, my brows are natural-looking yet defined.

on 2/16/2010 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

So far so good. Since I have this new Strawberry hair color I continue to be dissatisfied with most of my eyebrow products. The huge variety is great for my clients but did not satisfy me for this new hair color.

My eyebrows are fine -- not that sparse but definitely in need of definition.
Pencils are sometimes too dramatic for defining my eyebrows as I don't like a very defined look. Gels are ok.. but just that, ok. Most powders are too dark or too grey for me now and gels are good but sometimes messy with the heat where I live. Grr. I have this powder in various shades for clients and they work wonderfully. I just bought this shade for me to try and I am in love.

I have found a great little product in a lovely case and the contents are amazing for light/strawberry red blonde hair.

I think for now my quest is over.. at least until I re-do my haircolor..lol.

on 1/2/2010 9:08:00 PM

Holy Grail! I've tried powders, pencils, lipink (kind of like fingernail polish) and even graphite pencils, and this is by far the best. Wish I had found it years ago. I have medium brown hair with a few tiny highlights and lots of grey (white) hair coming in. Knowing most pencils are too red or orange, I chose the ash blonde which is perfect. I almost got the medium ash, but I think it would have been too dark. I didn't try this for a long time because it is expensive and I thought it would be just another brow powder. But this Anastasia brow powder lasts a long time, does not settle in my pores, is the perfect color, and gives me great looking brows that look natural. I have sparse brows with some white and this seems to cover the white ones. I just got this two weeks ago and already purchased a second one to carry in my purse. Awesome product to replace hundreds of not-quite-good-enough brow pencils and powders.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought the ash blonde duo and the colors are bang on. I've always used pencils in the past so I've been very pleased with my results using Anastasia powder. Its very easy to apply and gives me a more natural look than pencil. The tiny compact will last forever!

Popular Brows Products