Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo
Did my sister's wedding makeup. Brow Powder DuoBrow Powder DuoBrow Powder Duo

4.7

on 2/16/2018 9:40:00 AM

This is an excellent quality brow powder. The compact is 2 toned, giving the beautiful eyebrow effect. It's very pigmented and goes on very smooth. It's also very pricey, but it will last a long time. The only reason I removed a lippie is because I have very thin eyebrows and usually draw them thicker. And with a powder, I am unable to achieve this, but I can with the dipbrow pomade which does make my eyebrows thicker and bushier. So for those of you who want thicker eyebrows, than merely filling them in with powder, then go with the Dipbrow pomade.

I have the old version (silver case with mirror) in Medium Brown and hit pan a few months ago. This was the first brow product that really made a difference for my brows and made my makeup look really look "done." Before this, I'd tried brow products from NYC (a powder and wax), Revlon (a spoolie and pencil) and other brands (numerous brow pencils) that have faded from the ether of my memory, to no success.

For whatever reason, my eyebrows look better when I use the lighter color where my eyebrows start (closer to my nosebridge) and then I use the darker color to fill in the brow and extend the line. I use a Paula Dorf eyebrow brush (one of the good ones before their quality went to...).

I indicated that I would repurchase, but I'm kind of on the fence because I've actually bought Anastasia's DipBrow Pomade to replace this. There's much more of a learning curve to DipBrow but I like the pomade part of the product and I'm hoping it keeps my longer brow hairs down.

on 4/12/2016 2:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my-go to product for eyebrows. I have the pomade as well, which I love, but I actually prefer the powder duo. The powder gives me more natural eyebrows.I start off with the brow wiz and then apply the powder. At first, I only used one of the colours because the other one was too light. When I ran out of the darker colour I didn't want to throw it out, so I began using the other one, with a darker brow wiz underneath it. That actually works really well too. I have also used the powder (both colours) on its own without a brow wiz and that works equally well.

I have used the powder for about two years (not every single day though) and I still have a lot of the lighter colour left. It lasts for ages because you need so little. I find that this powder has great staying power. After a session at the gym, my eyebrows still look the same. The powder stays on until I remove it.

I am obsessed w the perfect brows! If my brows are on point, my entire day is better. TBH, ABH products have changed my life. I have a kit w the brow powder & a highlighting e/s that came w stencils/brush, another brow powder kit that came w the brow powder, brush, & clear mascara stuff for your brows; a set of stencils, Dip Brow, & the Dip Brow brush w a spoolie on the other end (all ABH in Medium Brown), I love the brow powder that came w the highlighting e/s set because in the compact is also some of the ABH brow wax. I love ABH products, you could say I am slightly obsessed! And obsessed w getting the perfect brows. I went to the Ulta Benefit Brow Bar (& unfortunately my brows were too thin to be waxed! Wahhhh!!! I hope they will grow in....), but I was matched to the dip in Taupe initially but purchased Soft Brown & exchanged for Medium Brown dip, so I knew finally which shade I was, so I was able to order the 2 brow powder sets on Ulta dot com sight unseen & they arrived promptly to my house. I am so happy w the ABH Medium Brown shade in both powder & dip brow. The Brow Powder makes a more natural look than the dip brow. The dip is more dramatic. The Brow Powder seems a bit lighter than the dip brow, color wise. The brushes for the Brow Powder & dip brow are identical (slant brushes sort of like what you use for winged gel eyeliner!). I plan on buying ABH's brow pencil when I get my money. ABH is the best for brows, the gold standard in brow makeup, if you want the very best get Anastasia Beverly Hills. Very hyped right now, some may say overhyped but ABH is deserving of high praise in every form.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have this in auburn, and the shade is perfect! I'm very fair with dyed red hair and this goes very well. It looks super dark in the pan, but it doesn't go onto the brows that way, it's actually almost sheer. This is a true auburn, a reddish brown. Other auburn or red shades I've tried have been much too light, like strawberry or orangey. This is a deeper shade. I have super sparse and light brows, and when I use this powder I do have to use a pencil to fill in the most sparse areas. I don't mind this though, because I like the final result. My brows end up looking pretty natural considering how much I have to fill them in. ;) If you're looking for very bold brows, this probably won't work for you. If you want a more natural look, this is great. The packaging is cute too. ;)

on 6/28/2013 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I do not regret splurging on this product one bit! I have finally found a perfect match for my blonde eyebrows. I have eyebrows, but they are so light. With this magical powder, I can give them enough color to frame my face without going too dark. I have had this for a couple of months and use it every day and it is barely even dented. I know this will last a long time. Well worth the money.

on 5/12/2013 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the first brow shadow I've ever purchased and I Love it! So natural looking if I had known I would have bought it much sooner!!!

on 4/21/2013 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the first brow powder I've ever used and I love it! Much more natural looking than the eyebrow pencils I had used for years. I like that there is a darker shade to use where my eyebrows are sparse and a lighter shade to use where my eyebrows are more dense. Good quality and the color lasts. The only thing that I'm not crazy about is the price, as it's very expensive. I am very happy with the product though.

on 3/29/2011 7:33:00 PM

Along with the strawburn brow pencil by this brand, I find this brow powder to be in a class of its own among all other brow powders. The gold standard. In my opinion, It lasts like no other, and I've tried practically every powder known to man and woman alike. Though some come closer than others, this is the only one that absolutely, without fail, stays put until the end of the day--through heat, humidity, or frigid rain.
Each pan is split with two colors that can be used separately or blended together (pretty standard for brow powders and nothing special in and of itself). The packaging is attractive and sturdy, with a mirror. included---an absolute must. Now, couldn't they find it in their hearts to add a teeny tiny li'l ol' brush in the compact? (Like TBS brow compact and Tarte's "Toolbox", among others) Then it would be perfectly portable and self contained for traveling in purse. It would be very nice to travel without having to pack--and search for--a separate eyebrow brush when on the go. For the price tag, this doesn't seem like too much to ask, and it's the only reason I give it a four instead of a five. :P

I use this in Brunette, I'm a NC 45.

This does a great job paired with brow gel.

I would not repurchase because I want to try other brow solutions... but I have no problem recommending this product. I like the 2 colors that you can mix or choose from.

Popular Brows Products