Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

Did my sister's wedding makeup. Brow Powder DuoBrow Powder DuoBrow Powder Duo

4.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have this in Caramel. The darker shade is perfect for my natural red hair, I’m like a light auburn kind of red. The light side is too orangey on its own. I have to use it lightly. I almost picked up Aburn but I think it’s too dark. I wish they made a third option for redheads somewhere between the two. The powder is excellent. Very expensive. I’m not sure I like it any more than my trusty MAC cork eyeshadow. And I got Sigma brow powder in Aburn (for some reason it’s only in their store and not online) and I like both of those shades and they perform just as well. And it was $3.50. I may return this because I’m not sure it’s worth the price for imperfect shade choices.

on 5/4/2018 11:02:00 PM

This is the only eyebrow product I use. I’m relatively lucky with my brows as I never overplucked and have a natural shape I like. I use this to fill them in and it takes about 30 seconds to do both my brows. Honestly, the powder is very natural looking if used to fill in rather than create a brow. If you are the type of person who likes to draw in a shape then fill with thin hairstrokes, I really can’t say if the product would be good or bad. But I could imagine that precision with a powder being extremely difficult.

The other reason this is my holy grail powder over others is because of the color and staying power. I purchase it in taupe and the color match is spot on. It doesn’t wear off or lighten during the day. Sometimes I even get headaches and will rub my forehead and I have never had an issue rubbing off a brow!

Although this can be considered a more expensive eyebrow powder, this will last me at least 6 months as it is very pigmented and a little goes a long way. To me, it’s worth the price when I saw its dependability (no worrying if it’s still on my face during the day or smeared) and how much use I can get out of it.

on 2/9/2015 7:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Holy brow! HG brow product without a doubt. Dip Brow is another great brow product by Anastasia BH, but the brow duo is foolproof and can be used for day or night. I use this in Ebony, which is a perfect match and suitable to those with dark brown to black hair and brows (oddly enough, the dark brown shade looks lighter than Dipbrow in dark brown, which is why I opted for the powder duo in Ebony). It comes in a small compact with tiny mirror, and includes two shades (lighter and darker) which can be used individually, or as I prefer, blended for the ideal match. Once I brush my brows into place, I very lightly outline the bottom of my brows with a tiny bit of product (I use Tarte's dual brow brush/spoolie). I then lightly fill in the arch/sparce areas, and when I'm done, I brush through with a spoolie to evenly distribute product. I sometimes finish off with a brow gel (I use Maybelline Great Lash in Clear). All of this takes hardly any time- the product is very smooth, pigmented, and easy to apply. My brows look so much better, but still very natural looking. It's actually not that apparent that I have done up my brows, as they look naturally darkened (but of course, I can tell the difference and I am always pleased with the results). It lasts all day without fading. I highly recommend the brow duo to all those looking for a quality, easy to apply, natural looking brow powder. HG.

on 9/1/2014 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I received a sample of this and at first I felt that it didnt show up enough or enhance my brows at all, so it stayed in my stash of sample for a long time. After a brow waxing mishap, I bought Anastasias Brow Wiz in Dark Brown/Brunette to fill in the large gaps. My black brown brows are naturally sparse, and Brow Wiz easily fills in the gaps. I then lightly run the included spooly (which is very stiff, if I used too much pressure with it the color would be taken right off, so light-handed is the key) over the color to soften the edges. Next I used the brow powder (in Dark Brown and I will buy a full size when I run out of the sample). Based on an online video at Allure magazines website, I used the darker powder in the middle 2/3 of the eyebrow and to fill the large gaps and the lighter powder to go over the entire brow to blend everything together. I found that the brow pencil made the powder adhere better. Finally I finish the brows with a tinted brow gel (Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Espresso), light-handedly coloring the actually hairs and setting the brows in place. The finished look lasts all day (even though an afternoon nap). After a couple weeks I really got the hang of application and now this routine is a part of my everyday makeup line-up. I admit its a lot of steps and something I never thought I would commit to, but the results look like I have naturally perfect brows so I really cant complain. This powder is expensive, but the colors work so well for me that i really don't want to try out other brands. If I ever had the chance (or could afford) to have Anastasia groom my brows in person I would jump at it. I trust her and her products implicitly with my brows.

on 9/1/2013 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I've been using this for 2 years now and at this rate, this powder will last me 10 years LOL! I'm obsessed with having nice full cleanly manicured yet natural looking brows. After having my brows butchered by so-called "pros" I bought the Anastasia kit and this powder came with it. (I've also reviewed the kit separately). I got the dark brown/brunette powder, my brows are almost black. I found application easy, but you can overdo it if you have a heavy hand. I've used pencils and powders, and think powders are best for overall fullness or when you have more than one or two "empty" spaces.
The powder looked natural when applied lightly, lasted all day, and there is tons of product so even with daily use I think this will last you forever!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is the only powder that has worked for me so far. I have tired so many it doesn't change color. I have the Med Ash/Med Brown and it is just that brown does not turn red which is great!

on 1/23/2012 4:27:00 PM

This product delivers great staying power and a very natural looking brow. I have thinning brows, a light complexion and dark brown hair. I first tried the Ebony which ended up being too dark. I switched to the dark brown/brunette color, and although it looks light in the pot, the color was a good match for my dark brown hair. This is a great product because 1) a little bit goes a long way, it's very highly pigmented, and applies very easily with an angled brow brush. 2) I have an oily t-zone, and even after a hard core workout, my brows are still in place! 3) It can double as an eyeliner, I kept the ebony and apply it over my lash line using a thin angle brush and viola! eyeliner!

on 4/21/2011 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've been using samples of the Brunette powder duo for the past couple weeks... For reference, my skin is very pale right now (maybe NC15?) and my hair is dark brown, like 3-4N. I've been using the lighter of the 2 Brunette shades, which is perfect for me-- not too gray or too warm. I just apply it with a Japonesque angled brow brush, and it lasts all day. I don't even bother to set it with wax or gel. I really love this product. I'm not a fan of the overly dramatic or obviously-painted-on brows and this makes them look very natural. I deducted 2 lippies because I think the price is insane even though the product itself is wonderful.

on 2/9/2011 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

so much hype over this brand for brows. i had high hopes. its really mediocre. nothing special . the 2 colors together is great but thats about it. 3 types of parabens which are nasty for your body. the packaging is not flattering , and easy to break. there arent that much powder in the tub either. not a keeper.

on 1/1/2011 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have full brows so I never really used brow pencils and powders before. I had my eyebrows done by this lady and she placed this product right after she waxed and shaped my eyebrows and I LOVED IT! She taught me how to use it and bought my own ever since. I use the Brunette color. I am very happy with it! It looks very natural, doesnt make me look too intense.

Popular Brows Products