Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo
Did my sister's wedding makeup. Brow Powder DuoBrow Powder DuoBrow Powder Duo

4.6

on 5/4/2018 11:02:00 PM

This is the only eyebrow product I use. I’m relatively lucky with my brows as I never overplucked and have a natural shape I like. I use this to fill them in and it takes about 30 seconds to do both my brows. Honestly, the powder is very natural looking if used to fill in rather than create a brow. If you are the type of person who likes to draw in a shape then fill with thin hairstrokes, I really can’t say if the product would be good or bad. But I could imagine that precision with a powder being extremely difficult.

The other reason this is my holy grail powder over others is because of the color and staying power. I purchase it in taupe and the color match is spot on. It doesn’t wear off or lighten during the day. Sometimes I even get headaches and will rub my forehead and I have never had an issue rubbing off a brow!

Although this can be considered a more expensive eyebrow powder, this will last me at least 6 months as it is very pigmented and a little goes a long way. To me, it’s worth the price when I saw its dependability (no worrying if it’s still on my face during the day or smeared) and how much use I can get out of it.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I like my brows to look full, soft, defined and natural. I have SO many brow products - pomades, pencils, regular eyeshadows, brow wax, brow mascara - but am never satisfied with the look of my brows. I do like the look of eyeshadow the most out of all brow techniques.

I wanted this product for so long but couldn't justify spending $23 on small eyeshadow compact (basically, thats what it is) when I have so many Mac eyeshadows and a 60 color E.L.F. eyeshadow palette. Surely, one of those eyeshadow colors would make my brows look good, right? For so long, I would use Mac "Espresso" eyeshadow to do my brows. This didn't do it for me, my brows still looked heavy and dark. Playing around in Sephora, I did my brows with the the color "Chocolate" and had to purchase.

The color combo in "Chocolate" is perfect for me. I line the arch and tail with the darker color, and fill in the front and middle with the lighter shade. My brows look a hell of a lot better and so natural.

The compact is lightweight and has a small mirror for you to use. I doubt I will ever use the mirror.

I'm glad that I purchased. I apply this with a Mac 208 eyebrow brush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely love this product. Best brow powder I've found so far.

Pros: stays on a long time, little to no smudging, lasts a long time

Cons: a little pricy

Yes, will definitely repurchase

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Very good product if you like your eyebrows to look natural and not overdone.

on 2/9/2015 7:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Holy brow! HG brow product without a doubt. Dip Brow is another great brow product by Anastasia BH, but the brow duo is foolproof and can be used for day or night. I use this in Ebony, which is a perfect match and suitable to those with dark brown to black hair and brows (oddly enough, the dark brown shade looks lighter than Dipbrow in dark brown, which is why I opted for the powder duo in Ebony). It comes in a small compact with tiny mirror, and includes two shades (lighter and darker) which can be used individually, or as I prefer, blended for the ideal match. Once I brush my brows into place, I very lightly outline the bottom of my brows with a tiny bit of product (I use Tarte's dual brow brush/spoolie). I then lightly fill in the arch/sparce areas, and when I'm done, I brush through with a spoolie to evenly distribute product. I sometimes finish off with a brow gel (I use Maybelline Great Lash in Clear). All of this takes hardly any time- the product is very smooth, pigmented, and easy to apply. My brows look so much better, but still very natural looking. It's actually not that apparent that I have done up my brows, as they look naturally darkened (but of course, I can tell the difference and I am always pleased with the results). It lasts all day without fading. I highly recommend the brow duo to all those looking for a quality, easy to apply, natural looking brow powder. HG.

on 9/1/2014 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I received a sample of this and at first I felt that it didnt show up enough or enhance my brows at all, so it stayed in my stash of sample for a long time. After a brow waxing mishap, I bought Anastasias Brow Wiz in Dark Brown/Brunette to fill in the large gaps. My black brown brows are naturally sparse, and Brow Wiz easily fills in the gaps. I then lightly run the included spooly (which is very stiff, if I used too much pressure with it the color would be taken right off, so light-handed is the key) over the color to soften the edges. Next I used the brow powder (in Dark Brown and I will buy a full size when I run out of the sample). Based on an online video at Allure magazines website, I used the darker powder in the middle 2/3 of the eyebrow and to fill the large gaps and the lighter powder to go over the entire brow to blend everything together. I found that the brow pencil made the powder adhere better. Finally I finish the brows with a tinted brow gel (Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Espresso), light-handedly coloring the actually hairs and setting the brows in place. The finished look lasts all day (even though an afternoon nap). After a couple weeks I really got the hang of application and now this routine is a part of my everyday makeup line-up. I admit its a lot of steps and something I never thought I would commit to, but the results look like I have naturally perfect brows so I really cant complain. This powder is expensive, but the colors work so well for me that i really don't want to try out other brands. If I ever had the chance (or could afford) to have Anastasia groom my brows in person I would jump at it. I trust her and her products implicitly with my brows.

Go to brow product. Forget pencils, this Is the most natural looking powder when applied with an angled brush.

on 9/1/2013 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I've been using this for 2 years now and at this rate, this powder will last me 10 years LOL! I'm obsessed with having nice full cleanly manicured yet natural looking brows. After having my brows butchered by so-called "pros" I bought the Anastasia kit and this powder came with it. (I've also reviewed the kit separately). I got the dark brown/brunette powder, my brows are almost black. I found application easy, but you can overdo it if you have a heavy hand. I've used pencils and powders, and think powders are best for overall fullness or when you have more than one or two "empty" spaces.
The powder looked natural when applied lightly, lasted all day, and there is tons of product so even with daily use I think this will last you forever!

on 8/16/2013 7:13:00 AM

I am brow challenged. I have very sparse, uneven brows and I have to fill them in or else I look like an alien. I've been using Bare Minerals brow powder for almost 10 years and I loved it. To my dismay, they discontinued it. I tried buying up all their stock on their website but alas, my beloved Bare Minerals brow powder is no more. I decided to try the Anastasia line due to the fact, the brand specializes in brows. I ordered the dark brown/brunette and medium brown since I change my hair frequently. Right now my hair is a medium-dark brown. I tried both colors and they both work for me. They tend to run light so if you're unsure which one to get and you want a darker brow, then go with the dark brown/brunette. What I love about this brow powder is that it comes with 2 colors. This is fantastic if you're into the fading look that is popular now with eyebrows where the lighter color is used towards the inner eye and the darker color towards the outer 3/4 of the brow. I love that the powder is pressed which makes it much easier to travel with. The bare minerals powder was loose and it was easy to spill and lose product. I also am impressed with the colors. The two brown sets I bought have no red undertones and they look very natural. I also love the fact that it's brow powder, nothing else. I liked the Smashbox brow powder when I tried it but you have to buy a compact where half the container is brow wax. I don't use brow wax. I don't have enough brows for wax or colored brow gel so this is nice that I am able to just buy the powder and eliminate all the other crap I won't use. The only thing I don't like is the size of the powder. It is tiny and expensive. I don't mind paying as long as it works and looks nice. I've read online that the old brow powder was a lot bigger and they have since made it smaller. I just hope they don't discontinue this brow powder as well.

on 7/26/2012 10:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bought this in Golden Blonde and I'm very pleased with it. Its not Orange...as most golden blonde shades are. It's natural looking and I love that it has two colors in the compact...so you can mix, blend and customize. The powder also has a wax like consistency...so it glides on. It has great staying power. Will definitely repurchase this.

Popular Brows Products