Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

Anastasia Of Beverly Hills  Brow Powder Duo
Did my sister's wedding makeup. Brow Powder DuoBrow Powder DuoBrow Powder Duo

4.7

on 9/18/2017 11:44:00 AM

I've done pencils, pomade, gels and tints. Nothing looks as natural as powder. My go to for finishing is always Anastasia brow gel. It plays nice with the powder. The pigmentation of "Taupe" is pretty good for such a light color. I get much better payoff and wearability when I use a clear wax under this. I use a cheap Milani wax pencil for that. This takes longer than a pencil but I definitely prefer the look. For reference, I have unruly medium thickness brows with a few sparse areas. This shapes them up and fills in the bare spaces. I like them to be on the thicker side when I'm done.

A little pricey, but this powder is pigmented so you do not need to use much. I have tried multiple other brow powders, and this is the best one that goes on smoothly, lasts all day, and looks natural. Nice sleek packaging that is easy to travel with . I only wish it was a little bigger and more product since I do my eyebrows everyday

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have naturally thin and quite sparse and uneven black eyebrows and i bought this one in 'Ash Brown' which is a perfect grey shade for my brows, no warmth at all. Granite was sold out but after using this i think it is much better because the darker shade is dark enough but not black. The tails of my brows are almost non existent and this powder does a great job giving me a brow without actually disappearing by the end of the day. In fact i slept with the powder still on my brows and i woke up with brows, the powder didnt move which was impressing. The lasting power is great and the amount of product is enough to last a while so dont let the price discourage you.

As for the packaging, it is glossy black plastic with a gold pink logo on top and a little mirror inside. Not bad, but i preferred the old grey metallic one.

I also bought the 12 brush but i mostly use it with my MAC 208 brush which is small enough for my thin eyebrows.

I definitely recommend it

One last thing. Ladies with black eyebrows like mine should opt for GREY tints for their brows and NOT browns which look unnatural. Ash brown is perfect for our brows.

on 12/14/2015 11:25:00 AM

I have this in medium brown and I find that both the colours work perfectly in any season for me (summer I have light brown hair then winter dark brown almost black). I suggest getting the brush from this line too, it really makes this product work well. This is my 2nd item (I tried the clear brow gel) from this line and after this I would like to try the brow wiz as I've heard nothing but great reviews :) I just started to hit a dip in my pan and I've been using this stuff since June? That's also 4-5 days of use per week since that month until now.

on 10/31/2015 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Great product. I have dark hair but sparse eyebrow hairs. I use the color dark brown and it's the perfect shade of dark without looking like I sharpied my eyebrows haha I like this because it's natural looking and lasts a long time. I noticed that since I have oily skin, the powder in the lil case tends to get oily after some time. Just be diligent in cleaning your face and brush before using. Overall great product and worth the $

on 10/21/2015 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Background on my brows: light-medium ash blonde, somewhat thick, undefined. I have bought this 3 times over the years. The powder is pretty damn foolproof for newbies and easy to apply. It looks a lot more natural than a gel or pencil in my opinion, because it gives a softer look to the brows. I'd have no issues with the longevity of it, either.

There are tons of brow products out there. The reason this beats all the other high end... and even low end... is because of the shade. The darker side is useless to me. But the light shade - is a dead on match. Having light-medium blonde brows is a struggle because very few cosmetic companies make pale brow shades. I usually end up looking like Burt from Sesame Street.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I got this as a sample in "Light Brown" and thought it was great, but maybe a little too light for me. I like a darker powder for my brows, light brown looks a bit reddish on me. The staying power was great and it applied evenly, but for the price, I'd rather buy Tarte brow powder.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I received a sample of this in completely the wrong shade (Brunette/dark brown; I'm a natural redhead and use Caramel.), but out of curiosity on how the product itself worked I decided to give it a shot. I ended up using up the entire sample and mixing it with my Tarte Amazonian Clay Volumizing Brow & Hair Powder, which is a little bit too light. I was a little nervous about using this product because I consider myself to be a brow novice. I previously have tried and used up my entire Brow Whiz. I am not impressed with my current Tarte powder (although I love the brush that I purchased with it-Frame Worker Double-Ended Bamboo Brow Powder Brush), hence why I'm leaning back toward ABH again. I found this to be smooth and very easy to use and blend, especially with the aforementioned brush. I did also hang onto my spoolie from my empty Brow Whiz pen and like the way this performs as well. I love ABH's color selection, as it is rare and at times frustrating as a redhead to be excluded from the color spectrum with many brands. I absolutely love how natural this product looks, which is very important to me especially considering my hair color. I was nervous about have the crazy melted cartoon eyebrows look the gurus tend to sport these days. I suppose any makeup can be misused and exploited for the sake of Instagram filters. (Read: bronzers/contouring powders) I find ABH as a brand is actually quite versatile and user friendly for us novice eyebrow people AND Instabrow people. Definitely give this product a shot if you're a fan of Brow Whiz!

on 4/27/2015 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this in caramel, was a bit worried because it said for redheads- strawberry blonde, but my hair is true caramel and its perfect for me, not too red at all, the lighter side is more bronze and the darker is a light/ warm brown.

Because its a duo you have the option to blend the two shades, or use them separately. By the look of the packaging/ size of the product its not gonna last very long but for 15 I wont lose sleep over it.
The packaging is quite pretty too- small, round, black compact with the ABH logo in gold.

I tried this just on its own first and the staying power is really good for a powder, but it wasnt defined enough that way for me, so I use it over the dipbrow pomade to set & enhance it. If your brows are quite well shaped/ defined anyway and youre just looking to add a bit of colour/ density then this would be perfect.

*TIP use the darker shade along the bottom of the brow line and the tail end to define, then the lighter shade/ both blended for the inner corner and body, this makes them look more HD and prevents the colour looking too block.
Xx

on 4/27/2015 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I originally bought this duo powder set back in 2010 in the ebony shade I believe and I still have it and use it. The product comes in two brown colors. I have used up most of the lighter brown shade but still use the darker shade since my hair is dark and I think I know how to use it better. You are suppose to use the lighter shade for the fine ends of the brows and the darker shade for the arch. I find the powder lasts all day and is easy to apply with the angled brush and and spooly wand. I personally think powder looks the most natural of all the brow products (gel, pencil, powder) but only if you already have eyebrow hair.

I wear my brows natural but use the powder to fill in the gaps. It's easier to apply and blend when I apply the NYX brow wax to my brows first. This way the powder has something to adhere to.

Popular Brows Products