L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes

L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes

3.6

Magnifier Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Steareth 2, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Rayon, Panthenol, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Methyparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, 2 Oleamido 1, 3 Octadecandiol, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Simethicone, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben May Contain: CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide. Extender: Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat., Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, Acrylamide, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Phenoxyethanol, Rayon, Polysorbate 80, Methylparaben, Imidazoldinyl Urea, Sodium Dehyroacetate, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Ethylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben May contain: CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 77007 (Ultramines), Mica, CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), FIL D32060/3.

on 6/17/2016 11:19:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pros:
Separates very nicely
Virtually no fall out at the end of the day!
What does the white stuff even do?? The package just says nourish...
The wand ends do "click" so you know you've shut them tight.

Cons:
Isn't very black...
Isn't very voluminous
I feel like it takes a bit longer to put on than other mascaras... even just the black mascara side.
If the tubes fall on your face it's kind of hard to get them off, and they sort of ball up together in a weird way.
I hate the packaging.

Taking off the tubes is super fun at the end of the day. I bought this mascara soley for the purpose of trying a tube mascara. I don't mind this mascara at all (I maybe even like it) but I hateeeee the packaging. I would probably not repurchased because I prefer voluminious millionare lashes instead!

on 6/12/2016 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This one is okay, gives some length, not great volume, and I honestly don't think the 2 steps are worth the time and effort. I much prefer Telescopic to this one. It also dried out fairly quickly. Will not repurchase. If you're looking for a good tubing mascara, try DHC's Perfect Pro..

To Read all 722 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm never using another mascara. I pray L'Oreal keeps this one forever. Makes lashes fuller and longer. Doesn't smudge. Easy to remove with water only. I've even slept in it and it didn't smudge or flake. I've tried so many mascaras and ALWAYS come back to this one. I have two back ups at all times... It's not waterproof so don't swim with it on but it stays on through workouts and chasing after toddlers!

I saw this asian girl on YouTube use it and it made her lashes look so nice and they weren't falling (I've been looking for a non-waterprrof mascara that doesn't make my lashes fall). So since I'm asian and have straight lashes that always fall if I don't use waterproof mascara, I thought I would try it, but when it made my eyelashes fall even though I curled them really well beforehand and it made my eyelashes have that clumpy spider lash effect :/ not very happy with this purchase. On the bright side, it doesn't smudge and it's fun to take off cause it comes off in tubes :p

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

While I wouldn't say this is my favorite mascara ever, I do enjoy it. I really think the primer is the best part of the mascara. It seems to do most of the work as far as lengthening my lashes and curling them, while the mascara end really only coats my lashes with a black tint. I don't think much volume is added, but I absolutely love the length I get from this. I have naturally very short lashes, so I like a lengthening mascara! The black mascara end can get a little clumpy if you aren't careful with it, as the formula is definitely drier. The brush on both ends is awesome though. It's a natural bristled mascara, which I prefer over a rubber brush. This doesn't smudge or flake on me, which I also love. It's also very easy to remove! I find just pressing a warm washcloth to my eye removes the mascara easily. The price is pretty cheap, around $8.49 at Target. I would repurchase this solely for the primer alone.

on 3/23/2016 7:07:00 PM

I just read a review of this by another poster who posted on 3/20/16, and we have pretty much the same experience with this mascara. I too used this many years ago and liked the ease of removal. I didn't remember why I quit using it, so I picked up another tube last week. I don't know if my memory is bad or if the formula has changed, but this is just bad mascara. The white part goes on easily, but when you put the black part on it just does not do too much. The wand is clumsy, you can't really build any length or volume with the black "tubes", and my lashes just looked like their regular short selves with a bit of black on them. I did like how easy it was to come off when I washed my face; however, I did have to used cold cream to get all of it off, so it is not quite as easy to remove as is claimed. The price (over $12 a tube at CVS, and probably cheaper at Walmart), is ridiculous. Yes, you get a primer (white part) and the tubes, but you really are not getting a lot of each product. I just returned it to CVS this afternoon.

on 3/20/2016 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I used to use this years ago but it was a novelty product and I lost interest in it. I got it again just now, strictly because it can be removed with plain water.

Well, I am not impressed. I am sure I got it to work when I used it 8 years ago but I don't have the patience to work with it for ten minutes. First you have to get the white formula on all the lashes. If you don't, the mascara won't even adhere. And it's impossible to brush the white clumpy stuff on evenly so the black mascara will look skewed as well. But if you keep brushing on the mascara, letting it dry in between, eventually you get lashes. Just not as lush and long as I remember getting when I used it before. Do they even make this anymore? Maybe the stock on the store shelves is several years old. I have no way of knowing how old this is as they don't deign to put the manufacture date on cosmetics.

Anyway I'll use this for the joy of removing it with plain water, and see how it goes. I won't be any beauty queen though as it's a very subtle mascara, not a dramatic look.

Update: I have used this twice and it does come right off easily with warm water. I love that about it. It's too bad it's such a mediocre look. I did some research and there are other tubing mascaras but they all seem to have a lot of negative reviews so I won't bother trying the others.

There's one website where the person has photographs of her eyes wearing all the different brands of tubing mascara she could find. All of them look terrible - short, askew, messy, skimpy twigs. Yet she considers them acceptable. I just don't get it. My lashes don't look that bad with this product but that is because I work on them for a long time to brush out the clumps, try to build volume, try to even them out and pick out the stray globs between the lashes and pick off the tiny flakes from under the eye. Yes, it did flake and clump. If I were not so desperate to find a mascara that I can remove without soap or cleanser, I would be throwing this out and giving it a totally negative review. But it does not irritate, and taking it off does not ruin the eyes, so for now I will use it until my skin is healed from the last cleanser which burned it. Then I'll go back to my normal lush mascaras and try new cleansers one at a time until I find something that does not burn.

Update Mar 24/16: since the skin healed, I went back to normal mascaras and never feel like using this. I have found cleansers that work so that I can safely use my other mascaras.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is literally the worst mascara I've ever tried. It makes my lashes look like little spaced-apart sticks. My lashes aren't thinly dispersed at all, so I was shocked the first time I applied it. I figured I was doing it wrong... How? I don't know. I've been wearing mascara since middle school. I chalked it up to a fluke. Nope, I had the same results every time. It also took the curl out of my lashes. I found it difficult to remove on top of that, so I LOST lashes due to this garbage mascara. I will never use L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Within an hour of wearing eye makeup, I become a raccoon no matter what I do. But this is heaven-sent. No smudging, no flaking, lengthening, separating, easy to wash off with water. Literally perfect. Love it * 100!!!!!!!!!!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this mascara. It's my HG mascara, although it could be more volumizing.

I am not a fan of the primer. If you don't get every single lash after with the black mascara; which can be hard if you have mostly long lashes with short ones interspersed; you end up with white lashes mixed with back.

As soon as I get it home, I cut the white applicator off with scissors and throw the primer away. It fits better in my purse this way.

With every other traditional mascara, removal was an issue for me. I would spend 5 minutes with makeup remover and countless makeup pads trying to get it off my eyes. I would go to bed with what i thought was clean eyes, only to wake with mascara under my lower lashes that was a real pain to remove. I had given up on eye makeup for a while for that reason.

I tried Blinc mascara and I loved the product but hated how expensive it was! I came across this stuff at the Drugstore and I haven't turned back since.

Removal is a breeze! It stays put all day, even through tears. Just dab your eyes when you cry though, otherwise it will come off in your tissue.

I have repurchased several times. I will never use another mascara unless L'Oréal decides to make this one more volumizing.