L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes

L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes

3.6

Magnifier Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Steareth 2, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Rayon, Panthenol, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Methyparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, 2 Oleamido 1, 3 Octadecandiol, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Simethicone, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben May Contain: CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide. Extender: Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat., Sodium Laureth 12 Sulfate, Acrylamide, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Phenoxyethanol, Rayon, Polysorbate 80, Methylparaben, Imidazoldinyl Urea, Sodium Dehyroacetate, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Ethylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben May contain: CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 77007 (Ultramines), Mica, CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), FIL D32060/3.

I found my hg mascara that holds a curl for my semi-hooded short Asian lashes--behold the glorious loreal beauty tubes! *Inserts paparazzi cameras and red carpet* Not only are they easy to remove with plain face wash and water, but they also don't smudge or flake into my eyes. You won't get spider or clumpy effect, but voluminous, long lashes. This mascara is better than all the other high-end mascaras, mid-end mascaras, and low-end mascaras alike. I really enjoy the built-in primer because I find that it extends the wear of this mascara. I accidentally fell asleep with this once, rubbed my eyes in the morning several times, and experienced little flaking. They are BUGDEt proof. Run, don't walk to grab them!:D

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Where has this mascara been all my life? I will admit I was skeptical about using a primer on my lashes before mascara but this works well together. It's too bad L'Oréal doesn't offer this in a two pack of individual full size tubes (one primer, one mascara). I did a fair amount of research before purchasing, I've never used tubing style mascara before but I was really tired of flaking and smudging with regular mascaras, not to mention it's allergy season and my eyes itch and water like crazy. I found that the best way to apply this is with a thick/generous coat of primer (this provides some volume since tubing mascara generally only provide length) and before the primer dries apply the mascara over top. The mascara coats the primer easily, no issues with white primer showing through, and gives insane length to your lashes. There is ZERO clumping, even when applied with a heavy hand. There is ZERO smudging, ZERO flaking, etc. This stays in place all day long and come off easily with just water-soaked cotton rounds.

A couple of issues that you should consider before purchasing is that with this much product on your lashes you probably won't hold a curl all that well. I'm not talking stick straight lashes but definitely they will droop some. The other thing that another reviewer also mentioned is that it's not the blackest of mascara but I believe this is because of the white primer base underneath. This is not an issue for me but if you are looking for intensely pigmented jet black mascara you won't get it with this product. What you will get are super long, clump-free separated lashes that will not irritate your eyes, will last all day without flaking, smudging, smearing, etc.

If you haven't given tubing style mascara a try yet, this is an affordable entry point and I recommend testing it out before venturing into the high-end brands.

on 5/16/2017 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

New favourite mascara!!! I never used to have smudging problems but then one day every single mascara I had smudged REALLY horribly on me. I bought this and it flakes (a little) but the flakes wipe off easy. There are no smudges at all throughout the day, even through workouts. I absolutely need the primer underneath, but I only use it on the tips of my lashes and wipe most of the product on the inside of the tube so I don't apply too much. It's also a really a conditioning and softening primer I found, so if you apply it from the root it makes your eyelashes stick together and look wet. The mascara itself combs out easy before it dries and gives a very natural long lash look which I love. If you have smudgy, oily eyes, or have sensitive eyes, this is the mascara for you

on 5/11/2017 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I bought this mascara a while ago and at first I didn't like it very much, but recently I have been experimenting and now I really, really enjoy it. My negative first thoughts is that although this product is bullet proof in terms of smearing running and flaking, it left me with dramatic but really unnatural long, thin spidery lashes.

First off from my experience when using a lash primer it is typically best to apply with a light hand because the white creme can be difficult to cover up with mascara, but here I recommend applying the primer with a heavy hand, really laying down a thick layer to achieve volume which won't occur with the mascara along. Quickly, before the primer dries blot the mascara side and apply, but just blot the excess off, don't really clean the brush as I have done with other mascaras. Doing this will remove too much product and is not necessary but rest assured that covering hopefully thick coat of primer will be easy and effective. I am not a huge fan of the brush and look off one lipstick for packaging because of it, it's large and I do wind up smearing on my lids do to my own clumsiness, but once this mascara dries no more smearing will happen.

After it dries I apply some of the creme eye shadow to a concealer brush and whisk away the sooty spots to perfect the look. The final effect is a hyper-natural effect, my best lashes ever. Removal is easy with warm water, pinching and sliding the tubes off the lashes, an easy process once one gets used to it.

I may like it better than the Cover Girl Remarkable tubing mascara as it can smear and flake in the most minor way and this never will. I am really happy I kept testing this mascara until I was happy. It was NOT love at first sight!!!! FYI, this is not, however the mascara to use if going face down on the chiropractor/massage table. I did this once and my lashes all stuck together. It was HORRIBLE and I removed the tubes with warm water in the bathroom so for those days I will go back to cover girl as this mascara can be fixed with the flick of a finger to clean up after going face down, good to know if you have any reason to go face down on a table with makeup on.

Edit: Having continues to use this mascara I can't say it enough: Use THICK layer of primer!!!!! This creme can be applied heavily without getting gross and is so easy to cover with the mascara. I don't think I will be using much of anything else, but I know I will keep trying others as well, I am just so impressed. So glad I gave this mascara another chance!!! It also does not seem to dry out easily as my tube is honestly kind of old at this point as my first , not so good experience was a while ago. I am totally going to keep buying this!

While I like L'oreal mascaras, this is quite an average product. Lengthens and thickens lashes quite nicely. It doesn't smudge but fails to tear test - it flakes everywhere when you start crying :(

I like this, don't love it. But it's my go-to for now, because it's the ONLY mascara I've found so far that does not smudge AT ALL (I have allergies/wear contacts and must rub my eyes a lot? I have a big smudging problem). The formula lengthens and darkens lashes, but it doesn't add much volume or drama. I feel like I have to really layer it on and it still doesn't volumize as much as I'd like.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The biggest problem I have with mascara is smudging under the eyes and flaking. This mascara causes absolutely zero smudging or flaking and it comes off easily with warm water. I wish it gave more volume, but I'll trade volume for all day wear without having to check and wipe under my eyes constantly.

The packaging is lacking. The brush doesn't stick out very far from the center which makes the center get in the way sometimes. Whatever, no mascara is perfect.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been searching for a new mascara ever since my go-to mascara was discontinued. I tried L'Oréal Double Extend after complimenting my 30 year old niece on her lovely, lush and quite natural looking lashes. She told me about this "tubing" mascara. I gave it some thought before purchasing because what looks good on a 30 year old doesn't necessarily look good on a 55 year old (me!). But I gave it a try. WOW - am I glad I did! In spite of the two step application (white primer first followed by mascara), this is really quite easy to apply and gives me fantastic length and volume with just one coat each. This lasts all day with no flaking or smudging and best of all it's super easy to remove with water. Love it and will be repurchasing for certain.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

((L'Oreal Double Extension Beauty Tubes - has the exact same design but not sure if it's the same formula..just want to make that clear.))

*Simon Cowell voice* "It's a NO from me"
I have short Asian lashes that grows downwards so I always look for mascaras that keep my eyelashes curled. I usually use two mascaras to get the effects that I want and both are from Maybelline (the Lash Sensational and Hypercurl Volum Express Waterproof Mascara). It sounds a lot but with a light hand, I get the results that I want - curled and black but still look natural. Alas I got tired of using two mascaras every damn time so I went to my local Watsons (Malaysia) to get a pricier mascara that would hopefully give me the same result. Based on the great reviews I see on makeupalley of this mascara, I bought it. I went home and tried it and was instantly disappointed.

First of all, it doesn't give me any length. Then I notice that it clumps my lashes together, making them look more sparse than they already are; and because the formula is so wet (I have just noticed that the very first ingredient is aqua), the moment I started applying the white primer, my eyelashes droops down. I tried giving it another shot the next day but I realize this is just not for me.

I would have given this 1 lipstick rating, but I do realize that this mascara
1. is probably not intended to hold a curl in the first place
2. is very easy to remove
3. doesn't smudge on me (I have oily skin and am a very sweaty person)
4. even though it makes my eyelashes droop, it stays in a "curved" shape and stays that way until the end of the day
So I'm giving it 2 lipsticks.

This mascara might work best for people who already have long lashes but is looking for something that lasts all day, will not smudge & easy to remove.

on 2/15/2017 2:37:00 PM

I love this mascara! It does not budge, flake or smudge even on my oily eyelids. I have never had a mascara (drugstore or high end) that ever had the staying power of this little gem. It is easy to take off.....just hold a warm, wet washcloth on your eyes for 20-30 sec. and the little tubes of mascara slide right off of your lashes. An oil based makeup remover will not take it off (one reason it has such staying power) so don't bother.

One thing I find a bit annoying is the first step white primer can show under the mascara so you have to be extra careful applying the mascara so that it covers up all of the primer. But this is a minor irritation that can be easily overlooked due to its incredible staying power.

Have I mentioned that this mascara does not budge?