Johnson & Johnson Vanilla Oatmeal Baby Lotion

Johnson & Johnson Vanilla Oatmeal Baby Lotion

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/6/2013 4:02:00 PM

Yeah, I don't get the raves, either! This is a decent lotion, and cheap, but it doesn't smell like vanilla, it doesn't smell like oatmeal, and it doesn't smell good! And I've tried it twice, so I didn't get a bad batch. There's something fruity about the scent. A definite pineapple undertone that I just fixate on and can't stand. I do loooove the Johnson's Nighttime lotion, though.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have NO IDEA what everyone is talking about! I bought this lotion based on the reviews raving about the great smell but this lotion smells absolutely disgusting! It does not smell like vanilla what so ever and it is literally making me want to throw up while giving me a massive headache....Usually, I do not judge a product by the scent but this is so awful smelling and so far from the name "vanilla oatmeal" that I had to take it into account. It is also not very moisturizing. I am so disappointed and I will be returning this ASAP.

on 4/4/2010 1:33:00 AM

Unfortunately Johnson&Johnson do test on poor animals!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is a light lotion that absorbs quickly and moisturizes well. My skin loves it, but my nose HATES the smell!!! I just can't get with it. I gave it to a coworker because I couldn't even finish the bottle. I will not repurchase.

on 7/13/2016 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Meh. I bought it on impulse when I was traveling and wanted something vanilla-scented to moisturize my skin. The "vanilla" note is questionable...there's an odd, fruity quality to it. It doesn't smell bad, but if you're looking for a true vanilla, this isn't it. That said, it really does give my skin a lasting softness. I'll use it up as a nighttime moisturizer, but I won't repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Smells very artificial to me. Did not care for it. I prefer the regular scent to this.
Also was not the best at moisturizing.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Not in love at all. My skin feel oily and sticky hours after application. Ok hydratation and nice smell, but do not really smell like vanilla. Not going to purchase again, will stay with my Hempz pomgrenade lotion.

on 1/25/2009 5:21:00 PM

The best thing about this lotion is the smell! The description of the fragrance is accurately described by the other reviewers, so I won't waste time reviewing it myself. I tend to have oily skin and I still would not consider this product to be moisturizing enough for the fall/winter months. So, if have very dry skin I would stay away from this product.

I used to be a fan of the Johnson' night-time lavender baby lotion, however they changed the formulation of the scent. I might keep this product around as a replacement. Use it once in a while when I need to relax. I wish this scent came in a baby oil formulation, that way I could use it more often. Its cheap, so money isn't really issue but with all the lotions I have I'm running out of space in my bathroom.

I just bought this today, and so far I like it more than the original Johnson & Johnson Baby Lotion. The scent of the original can be overwhelming after awhile, to me personally. But the scent of this is very light and non offensive. It's very fresh and subtle, and just makes you smell clean.
The lotion itself is creamy and sinks in pretty quickly. Overall, I am really pleased with this.

on 7/13/2008 5:11:00 PM

This smells so good I can't stand it. Light creamy oatmeal with a touch of vanilla thats on the floral side. There is a touch of the baby scent at the end, but its very very slight and just adds a touch of sweetness. Mixes well with summer scents. The lotion is pretty thick and creamy, soaks in well but does take about 15 minutes to soak in completely. Once it does it leaves my skin soft and moisturized all day without getting sticky in the hot humid summer weather. The scent become very subtle after about an hour and continues to fade throughout day, lasting softly about 4-5 hours. Comes in a large 15 oz plastic bottle with a flip cap for about $4.50. Wish it had a pump with a smaller size for travel. Love this!

INGREDIENTS: Water, Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Ceteareth 6, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Sodium Citrate, Stearyl Alcohol, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (Oat), Tocopheryl Acetate