MAC Mineralize Blush - Warm Soul

MAC Mineralize Blush - Warm Soul

4.5

Talc, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Ethylhexanoate\Stearate\Adipate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isohexadecane, Acrylamide\Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Polysorbate 80, Sorbitan Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol [ / - Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985)]

on 7/12/2008 10:30:00 PM

Very cute blush- easy to replicate -so nothing to really write home about! But for PPP (anyone fair) it can be a nice bronzer ,better than Love joy -it's way to dark for anybody below the third shade of any foundation IMO. MAC did provide variety and shades for all ethnicities with this collection- i'm impressed.But really another LE??? I'm pretty sure trace gold over a little peachy blush or even one of the MSFs can lend similar effect. AND they all still have glitter particles..please check the day light for this. The particles cannot be buffed away-bc they are this size. So use with 188 or 187 for best results :)
EDIT; now, i realize that i wanted this blush to be like Gold spill MSF, peachy goldy glowy...but it's not! I take gold spill over this. If your looking for the perfect summer peachy glow-get gold spill MSF! it makes even this blush look super-cute!

Yes this blush really isn't anything to rave about, but it is nice and there are similar shades. But it blended well with a little amount of sparkle.

on 7/20/2008 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

i didn't buy this but the MA did put this on me so i can walk around all day and see if i really like it. i meant this for a bronzer...but it has peachy tones to it, so i would only wear this as a blush. it looks glowy because of the little shimmer particles. but it's really fine and you can barely see it unless you look in a magnified mirror. just gives me a nice peachy glow...which isn't anything unique since i already have nars luster. but nars luster is a bit more peachier and has more shimmer to it. this can turn orange when you over do it. i'm nc25.

on 7/22/2008 1:39:00 PM

I was attracted to this color at the counter and the MA put it on me. IMO She overdid it but I still liked the glow so I picked it up. With a light hand it looks AMAZING and I agree with another reviewer that with Gold Spill MSF it's just awesome. It has managed to become a staple of my daily look.

I was curious the "mineralize" collection so I asked the MA which color would suit me and she pointed out this one, she said it was a "lighter color" and it would work. I took her word for it without even trying it out on my face, I just brushed it on my wrist. When I got home and tried it out, it looked alittle muddy on my face. I experimented with using a light hand and it looked like it was more of a contouring shade than actual blush. It did bring out my cheekbones nicely but I feel that it makes me look muddy and older. I guess I could wear this if I mixed it with a sheer pink blush, otherwise...this probably won't give me alot of use.

Okay , wanted to love this ,but I don't. Pretty color ,but the color is very similar if not almost exact L'Oreal 802 barely blushing (if you can still find it ,its love)except MAC's has more shimmer and loreals is a bit more color.It emphasized my pores so I will most likely be returning for something else.If you are pale ,it may be perfect.I had to brush it on 4 times and I am fairly light BE .

on 8/10/2008 3:37:00 AM

This is my HG blush! I hope MAC will bring this collection back. Warm Soul is part of the mineralized collection that came out this summer. The blushes are baked and have a slightly marblized shimmery quality. WS is a rosy brown with peach undertones. Although it looks shimmery in the pan, it goes on without shimmer. I am around NC30 right now and just a swipe of WS makes me look healthy and glow-y. This is less a bright flush and more like a warm glow (ugh I'm terrible at describing colors!). It looks beautiful alone, and amazing on top of bronzer. I have heard other people complain about the lack of pigmentation, but I find this to be very pigmented, but the color is subtle so it's not too "done" looking.

Pics:

L to R: WS, Nuance, Dainty, Melba

WS is on the top right
continued >>

I went to a MAC counter last week, and was looking for a peachy blush that would compliment my skin tone. Warm Soul definitely caught my eye; its a peachy bronze color with some pretty shimmers in it. It can be overdone (especially with my pale skin) but with a light application it look gorgeous!

on 10/5/2008 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love this blush. It could be used as a bronzer. It is the perfect peach/nude/glow. I have been on the hunt for a HG peachy/nude blush and this is it. I so hope it become perm, because on this one I am gonna hit pan!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was so skeptical of a blush called "warm soul" for my cool-as-the-day-is-long complexion, but when someone told me it was sheer and buildable and never went orange, I decided to give it a shot. And I love it. It's a realllly pretty nude blush. It might replace my beloved NYX Stone as my favorite, except that Stone is matte so I will keep it around for such occasions where matte is necessary. I've always been self-conscious about the pores on my cheeks, but even with the shimmer Warm Soul doesn't seem to make my cheeks look bad at all. I am really liking the mineralized blush collection as a whole, and this blush is no exception!