Live Clean (Fresh Water) Moisturizing Shampoo

Live Clean (Fresh Water) Moisturizing Shampoo

3.9

on 12/7/2015 4:27:00 PM

I am living for these shampoos/conditioners. The whole line is good, this is the one Im currently using. Yes yes yes

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this shampoo so much! Not only is it vegan, it also smells great and moisturizes my damaged hair! I definitely noticed softer hair after switching from the Organix line of shampoos and conditioners. I definitely would recommend this product because it's safe for the environment and for your hair.

To Read all 24 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/9/2014 9:43:00 PM

My first time using a Live Clean product, I bought this very shampoo. My sister recommended that I try the brand because it was 98% plant based. So I gave it a shot. My advice is that I would not recommend using it by itself. It dried out my hair a lot, increased my build up and increased hair fall. I think it is relevant to mention that I used the shampoo without its conditioner. I later learned that for some products, their specific conditioners are essential for washing out the soapy residue when you shampoo. So in conclusion, if you buy this shampoo, BUY THE CONDITIONER TOO. It will help you avoid the mess that I was in.

on 6/20/2014 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I used this shampoo twice or three times so far and I could definitely say that it is very moisturising and it will leave your hair super soft!! I like to use this especially near my ends because I want to clean my hair but also make sure the bottom portion of my hair is soft. This shampoo doesn't lather like commercial shampoos but that's because it doesn't have harsh chemicals like most shampoos you could get.. maybe if you're someone who doesn't wash their hair frequently because you want to keep your natural oils, wash your hair twice when using this shampoo because then you'll get a better clean. I really want to try the conditioner now because this shampoo already makes my hair feel really smooth and soft but also has this light, clean smell to it. The price is a bit expensive like it's around $10 which could add up overtime especially if you are buying this with the conditioner, but seriously, if you have dry or rough hair then try this shampoo to make your hair more softer. :D

on 1/29/2014 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Every once in a while I like to switch up my shampoo and conditioner, but I ALWAYS end up coming right back to this one! It makes my hair feel insanely clean and soft, and its also very light! There is never any residue left behind, unlike a lot of other shampoos.
I use a lot of heat styling tools on my hair and this helps to keep my hair moisturized and soft! People can't stop touching my hair.
It makes it incredibly shiny.
In terms of packaging, the only downside is that I can't seem to find anywhere to purchase it in a larger bottle.
Absolute favourite shampoo.
However, this is the only shampoo from Live Clean that I have liked.
The damage therapy shampoo was awful and left a gunky residue in my hair, and weighed it down a lot.
Love, love, LOVE this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I tried the professional line, and it made my scalp insanely itchy. I decided to try the moisturizing line because now that it's winter and my hair is getting a bit frizzy, it needs a little extra moisture. I also thought that since it's moisturizing, it wouldn't irritate my scalp. Wrong.
This line made my scalp insanely itchy too, but this time, it also burned slightly after using it for about 3 weeks. I stopped using it over a month ago, and my scalp is still irritated and itchy.

on 12/1/2013 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

When I came home for thanksgiving I noticed my sisters hair was twice as long as it was in August. I asked her how she grew it so fast. She told me to use this shampoo because it doesn't contain a lot of chemicals. She used this for two months and her hair grew tremendously. I dye my hair blonde so it use to be very damaged and dry. I took my sister's advice and starting using this shampoo. Now it's all I use, I will never go back to shampoo's that contain lots of chemicals. My hair grew super fast and became healthy. The price is very affordable and the bottle lasts a long time. You only need a little. I recommend this product to everyone especially if you are trying to grow your hair!

on 10/11/2013 2:16:00 PM

First, let me say this product was pretty much my last attempt at fixing my HORRIBLY dry and damaged hair, before just giving up. I just did an at home avocado treatment which left my hair in much worse condition than when I started. I have a bathroom full of shampoo and treatments, all price ranges. Everything, I mean everything, has left my hair in its usual "straw" state. This morning I was even considering having it cut off. The length is well past my shoulders and cutting it is an extreme last resort. I was reading on the internet about hair that can be "protein sensitive." When you do a protein treatment and your hair already has enough protein, it will leave your hair hard, very dry, almost crispy. This is what has happened with each treatment I have done, so the article I read finally produced that "Ah-ha" moment for me. Everything I have been using has some form of protein, plus alcohol, which doesn't help either. This product has no protein or alcohol, mainly natural ingredients. Well, I have to say I was just shocked when I shampooed and my hair already felt softer. After the conditioner, the results were even better! Soft, silky. No more crunchy, frizzy. So I will be buying this product again...for sure! As with any product, everyone will have a different outcome due to different hair needs. Mine needs moisture, NOT protein, so this is a miracle product for me...finally!

on 9/20/2013 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This shampoo is Ok. I have kind of dry hair, but I've been growing out my hair color to return to my natural color, and this shampoo seems a bit too heavy for my virgin hair. I use it with the conditioner(which I like, but use sparingly) but even after I just wash my hair, it feels a tad heavy. It smells amazing, and it foams up nicely, and it has a lot of natural ingredients. I think if you have fine or normal hair, this might be too moisturizing, but if you do need some extra moisture, this might be right. I just feel like it leaves my hair a bit..."filmy". So I will use the rest, but I think I'll keep searching for my HG.

on 8/28/2013 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I'll never try any of these shampoos and conditioners again. You can read my reviews for the argan/restorative line as well. I tried this brand because its marketed as "clean" meaning no dangerous chemicals and environmentally/ethically responsible.
Both lines (moisturizing and restorative) irritated my scalp terribly. At first I thought it was just the restorative line, and so tried moisturizing. But now my scalp is beyond irritated. It's horrible. I've broken out in itchy hive-like spots all over the back of my scalp. It burns and itches like hell.
And now that it's so irritated and "rashy" anything else I put on my scalp just burns :( I don't know how to heal it without going weeks without washing my hair? And even then, I think the dirt & oil build-up would cause problems. I so wish I never tried this crap. I'm sure it was the extremely heavy use of chemical fragrance in this line that caused irritation. I have eczema on my hands and usually anything too heavily scented will bother my hands. It's almost like this shampoo & conditioner gave me eczema on my scalp!
I don't know how a company that sells itself as clean and not using harmful additives can use so much artificial fragrance????
NEVER AGAIN