Bath and Body Works Black Amethyst

Bath and Body Works Black Amethyst
bath & body works fragrance mist - black amethystB&BW Black Amethyst

3.9

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is a wonderful scent. It is not like the fruity fake smells that you normally smell at Bath and Body Works. A wonderful mature perfume smell.

I use this after a bath or shower. Sometimes during the day when I want to smell the intensity I will apply it again along with the mist.

I first started to use it a few years ago. I fell in love with it. I can wear it without having to put anything else on. The cream has a stronger scent than the lotion. At the time my go to scent's were Dark Kiss, Sensual Amber, and Velvet Sugar.

A winter scent. It is to strong to wear in the summer. I live in Tx and it would overpower with the Texas heat.

I am not understanding why Bath and Body Works would discontinue this scent? It does not make sense!

The website did have the cream. Now just the lotion is listed.

Now I have to pay stupid high prices on ebay. I cannot stand when they do this. Who wants another strawberry, coconut, or fake smelling scent??

Top Notes: Bergamot, Orange, Mandarin Orange, Tangerine.

Heart Notes: Lily of the Valley, Magnolia, Gardenia, Tuberose, Freesia, Peony, Camelia.

Base Notes: Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Musk, Vanilla.

Recently I ordered three new fragrances from B&BW including Black Amethyst, and it has knocked off my socks!! Wow!!! This is the most sophisticated B&BW scent I have ever smelt!! I bought the shower gel and the body spray. Immediately upon using the shower gel I thought to myself "oh, my goodness, if the body spray smells even half this good I have found one gorgeous fragrance!!!" Needless to say, the body spray is divine, too.

Black Amethyst is a very sophisticated, sexy, and mature fragrance, and what is more, it smells like Chanel Coco Mademoiselle only BETTER! I have never been able to wear Mademoiselle, but THIS I can wear and really enjoy it! It has all of the wonderful top notes, but it does not smell sharp as does Mademoiselle. If you and/or someone you know likes Mademoiselle, try Black Amethyst. I wager you will not be disappointed. This is beautifully composed and beautifully blended. The body spray is more like an EdT in quality.

This fragrance is worthy of really dressing up for the day/evening. It is "date" worthy, and special occasion worthy. In fact, now that I have discovered it, I plan to buy back ups of the body spray and shower gel, and I will order the body creme as well as look around for a bottle of the discontinued EdT. I could not be more thrilled with this fragrance! And, I do not give these sorts of uber enthusiastic reviews very often, but Black Amethyst deserves all of the praise I can heap upon her.

Look at all of the notes. If these are notes you generally like, then you will love them in Black Amethyst. I cannot say enough good things about this fragrance. I only wish I had discovered this beauty several years ago! : )

on 4/2/2014 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bath & Body Works discontinued this scent. I am BUMMED. This has been my go-to fragrance for years.

This fragrance is very masculine, yet feminine at the same time.
In the bottle it smells like men's aftershave. When it dries on my skin, I can smell semi-floral, semi-sweet notes over the dominant vetiver scent.
Its powerful, sexy and mysterious.
I get tons of compliments from dudes with this scent! Lol!

I'm just so frustrated that they discontinued it!

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is so wonderfully spicy and unique. Most of the BBW scents are obnoxious to me and so often they recycle the same scents and put different names on them, but not this one. I don't remember anything quite like this. It reminds me slightly of Dark Kiss, but Dark Kiss is sweeter and this is...heavier. I agree with an early reviewer that it's a winter scent - definitely not something I'd want to wear when it's 90 degrees and humid outside. Right now in chilly November, it's perfect. Use a light touch with it, though, as it could easily be overpowering.

on 6/20/2015 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I didn't like this stuff at first AT ALL, I'm usually more of a non-musky, vanilla-type girl but my best friend loved the stuff and wore it a lot and it just started to grow on me something serious... Now I'm on eBay buying all I can since they discontinued it. Lol 👿

on 1/25/2015 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff reeks! It smells like Old Spice or some kind of cheap men's cologne.

Black Amethyst and I had a long affair. This is not an airy fragrance, rather it is a seductive, "thicker" fragrance...like a thick satin. It is more a winter scent, in my opinion...the spiced base of patchouli, musk, vetiver (which I love) really lay down the foundation. If the top, middle and bottom notes are a pyramid, this pyramid is upside down. This is not a negative thing, but as a lover of musk and lovely scents of that sort, I really enjoy this scent. It is dark, like walking through a flower garden at night. You get the floral elements of the higher notes, but nothing too cloying. This is really a wonderful scent, but like I said...much more suitable for colder weather.

on 2/2/2013 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very disappointed this is discontinued. I had SIX people yesterday tell me how amazing I smelled. Nothing else really smells like this. It's very dry, but rich. I always feel a bit like a bad ass when I wear this. Another excellent scent BBW discontinued only to replace it with some fruity, cheap scent. What a disappointment!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Why do they always discontinue the scents I absolutely love? Sure I enjoy Be Enchanted, Sensual Amber and Warm Vanilla Sugar and I am glad I can always find them, but the ones I love love? No, they absolutely must discontinue them. I am waiting for them to discontinue Sensual Amber, given I only just discovered it. Yep, I bet it will be gone soon.
They canned Vanilla Noir and they canned this, Black Amethyst. God forbid the sell something that does not smell like it came from a candy shop. Black Amethyst is lovely, I like it more than my Coco Mademoiselle, which it smells extremely similar to. If you ever see this at a sale, give it a whiff and if you dont like it, let us know where you found it so the fans can run over and stockpile.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I got this in the triple moisture body cream and I think it is pretty good. I have never used one of these creams before, and I have to say that really love the way that it feels on the skin and how easily it goes on. It is very moisturizing which has been great since my skin is extremely dry these days. This particular scent is not my absolute favorite, but it is nice and I think the packaging is pretty as well.

Popular Fragrances