Make Up For Ever Star Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Make Up For Ever Star Powder

4.8

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I have the hot pink and the pink w/gold shift powder. Holy smokes! They are kind of pricey but if you happen to be going glam these are definitely hard to beat. I like to bring the hot pink one out to shock my friends "Oh yeah? I bet you don't have THIS!" and I whip it out and they're either blinded by its beauty or their eyes need to adjust to the neon. The pink/gold one is soooo gorgeous when used as a highlighter color. Definitely use these sparingly because Donna Summer was Donna Summer and you are you...unless you happen to be a Donna Summer impersonator. I wouldn't recommend the hot pink one to people with sensitive eyes, as it does cause irritation to some people and it will stain your lids. You can, however, use it as a blush or mix it with some clear gloss! For reference the Pink Gold is #916 and the Hot Pink is (technically fuschia) #951.

HOLY %$^&# lasting quality on these bad boys!!! i have several and they are fab. great hold over a primer, as another reviewer just mentioned. very beautiful finish and blendability. also the pots last FO-REV-ER. so end up being quite cheap

a story about lasting power: i swatched a color i do not have on the back of my hand, along with a few other products. wiped everything off with Bi-Facil. could still see a shadow from the Star Powder. swatched some other products and wiped the same hand again and still, some color of the original Star Poweder left behind. i still see the vaguest tint on my hand now, 2 days and countless hand washings later. this stuff is the bizness. not what you expect from a loose powder product

i have this in 916 pink gold and it is very nice. it only takes a bit on your brush to accentuate your shadow. very sparkly, and shimmery. i havent used it by itself yet. but layered over shadow, it adds a whole new dimension.

on 9/25/2008 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought 926 yesterday at Sephora and have been getting compliments on it all day! Right now I LOVE wearing champagne/ gold tones on my eyes and this over Smashbox's FIZZ is just amazing! love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ok, so I have 2 of these. One is #90951; an extremely bright pink; and the other is #90944 which is white with a hint of blue shimmer. I'll talk about the pink first. So I bought this thinking it would be my favorite eyeshadow of all time and how nice it would look with yellow, but how wrong I was. I wore it the first day i bought it, and the next day my eyes were swollen and crusty. I read the package to see the ingredients, and on the back it said "Do not apply to eyes". Where else would you apply something hot pink that came in an eyeshadow container? Seriously that was a bad experience, but I should have read the package beforehand.

The second one I have is really nice, and it's meant for eyes. I like that it's highly pigmented and it comes in a nice little container. The colour reminds me of ice because it's white/blue.

Overall I like this eyeshadow, but just don't purchase #90951 for your eyes ^_^

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my first experience with a makeup forever product and I will forever be a fan! I plan on buying more of their colors - they are all so pretty! I started with 947 which is one of their lighter shades and it is gorgeous. Can't wait to go get some more, maybe I will become more daring and pick a more bold shade. :)

on 8/25/2006 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

best texture ever! goes on smooth and stays forever! can be natural looking and played up to be dramatic!

i have #929 the goldish brown color! i love it ..great for blue-green eyes

on 7/24/2001 1:41:00 AM

Star Powders are to die for. For a stiking shimmery "watercolor" effect do your eyes in only star powders. Fantastic. Mix them with clear gloss to achieve any color you desire! If you want bright turqoise lipgloss, you got it! Use them wet with an angle brush to create a liquid liner look. They are also awesome at setting the MUFE cream shadows which rock as well.