Make Up For Ever Star Powder

Make Up For Ever Star Powder

4.8

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

For years I was obsessed with star powder and all the shimmer. I would use for highlights and as eyeshadow. It also peaked my interest in a similar expensive product from illamasqua.....and then I discovered tkb trading and there wide range of shimmers at a much lower price (the only downside being as they supply makeup, packaging) So what was a holy grail product to me is now not worth the price.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

VERSATILE, AMAZING... it's a must have in every mua kit...mixed with Foundation, as a shadow, as an highligther...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What a wonderful product! I'd been looking for a sheer, shimmery powder for a long while now... and I'd tried them all. Urban Decay, MAC, even drug store names like L'Oreal and Revlon. Make Up For Ever's Star Powder is the best, hands down.

The staying power, as some have mentioned before me, is just amazing. It lasts all day, no real need to reapply, unless you want to feel extra shimmery again. :D

I purchased this in 902, which is like a pearly-gold tone. It's PERFECT for my skin tone, which has a lot of golden undertones... but the pearly color works for that fresh look that I was going for.

Bought this at Sephora for $19 USD... However, they were all sold out, so they ordered it for me. Since they were out of stock, I got free shipping and a HUGE sample of the stuff. Now it's like I got 2 for the price of 1. I think this stuff should last a long while, but it's gone, I'm going straight back to Sephora to buy more.

Slight creasing problems for me, but it's nothing outrageous. Overall, no complaints about this wonderful product!

on 6/24/2009 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I'm in love with these powder eyeshadows. They are so pretty. Really, really pigmented. So just a little bit is needed.
They go on smooth. Kind of a mess if you apply with too much on the brush. So make sure you tap the access off.

The colors are beautiful. It lasts a long time on your lids and in the container.

My only complaint about this is the container it's in. It seems to break easily. The top came loose and then the powder went everywhere. So I had to exchange it.

on 3/31/2009 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love star powders, it is very easy to apply and to blend. The colors are lovely with loads of shimmers, I have a dark green, a golden beige, a chocolate brown and a bright pink! I apply them with a painpot under and it lasts for ages!

on 6/29/2007 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

love, love, love this eyeshadow. I have pink gold and i love it so much its my new favorite e/s. the texture is very silky for some reason, its almost glides right onto my eyelids. the color shows up deeply too. i just really like the texture of this eyeshadow, its some of the best all around that Ive seen in a while! i was so impressed when i tried it on, i knew i had to have it :) & ill be going back for more colors of this one.

on 2/10/2007 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought two of these Star Powders- 910 & 947 (Celadon and Iridescent Pale Peach). I haven't tried the Celadon on my lids yet, but the #947 (Peach) is a pretty nice product! I wore it over eyeshadow, and it made my inner corners go from "wow" to "POW!"I didn't find this Star Powder to be as pigmented as MAC's pigments, but it didn't seem as messy as MAC's, either. I think that #947 reminds me more of a Bare Escentuals glimmer eyeshadow then a MAC pigment. (At least all the MAC pigments I own are definitely more vivid and sparkly then this Star Powder.)I still like this, and would definitely buy one in another color. It gave me the look I was hoping for and it didn't crease on me. When I use the 910, I will come back and update. continued >>

on 1/3/2007 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have never bought an eyeshadow from this company, only the face and body makeup(Which is the BEST!) I bought the star powder in khaki-bronze and its beautiful on hazel eyes! Its not too glittery, so dont be fooled by how it looks in the container. Its so pretty in fact that I'd like to try out a few more colors. Im close to 40 yrs. old so I wasnt sure if this would look good on me, but Im impressed!

on 10/11/2006 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This brand is a million times better than MAC. Yes, MAC has more shades to its credit, and their lipglosses are pretty much unbeatable, but the star powders are incredible for pigment lovers. Great colors, great price, beautiful effect. These have made me a Make Up Forever customer.

on 2/25/2005 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I can't say enough good things about this powder. I bought #927, which is a really lovely two-toned colour of mauve and bronze/copper. So lovely. Everything the other reviewers are saying is true - it applies beautifully wet, stays on a long time, has very intense colour, etc. I don't think I can go back to cake e/s after this, I've got to get more of these. BTW, in regards to the container/application getting messy, this is what was recommended to me by the salesperson, and it has worked for me: After you take of the top lid there is an inner tray/seive thing with 3-4 holes in it. This has a clear sticker covering it when you purchase it, which you would probably remove. DON'T remove the sticker. Just use a pin or a pen or something and punch a hole through ONE of the holes. When you want to use the powder, put the lid on and give it a gentle shake. This will let just a little powder through and you don't end up with a mess. HTH