MAKE UP FOR EVER Star Powder Eye Shadow

4.7

on 12/9/2018 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is for 902 Pearl Gold

Pros: Gorgeous shimmer. I love it for the inner corners of the eyes
Cons: None for me!

Overall: 5* - I wanted this for an inner eye highlighting eyeshadow and it does that perfectly

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

For years I was obsessed with star powder and all the shimmer. I would use for highlights and as eyeshadow. It also peaked my interest in a similar expensive product from illamasqua.....and then I discovered tkb trading and there wide range of shimmers at a much lower price (the only downside being as they supply makeup, packaging) So what was a holy grail product to me is now not worth the price.

on 7/20/2011 12:51:00 AM

got a sample of this from a swap and it got to say it's awesome. it's on my priority list.
i did crease a little bit but i can't blame it after walking in the sun for 3hours. other than that i gotta say it sticks pretty well. love it!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in a white shade (sorry, I don't exactly know the name of it) and the color payoff is great. It's really sheer with some glitter, but not too much. It lasts on my eyelids for a long time, which is great. I would buy this again. And again. And again. :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love these! Super pigmented and soft, creamy feeling almost. They hold up best over a primer, but they stick around just fine without. I prefer these to MAC pigments. There's not much else to say other than they're amazing!

HOLY %$^&# lasting quality on these bad boys!!! i have several and they are fab. great hold over a primer, as another reviewer just mentioned. very beautiful finish and blendability. also the pots last FO-REV-ER. so end up being quite cheap

a story about lasting power: i swatched a color i do not have on the back of my hand, along with a few other products. wiped everything off with Bi-Facil. could still see a shadow from the Star Powder. swatched some other products and wiped the same hand again and still, some color of the original Star Poweder left behind. i still see the vaguest tint on my hand now, 2 days and countless hand washings later. this stuff is the bizness. not what you expect from a loose powder product

on 5/15/2008 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I have a couple of these (gold and turquoise), and I haven't had to repurchase after several years because a little really goes a long way. They are super pigmented and it's easy to overdo it. But what an impact they make! I wish I could buy the whole collection, but they are pretty pricey. However, I definitely will get the silver one day...

on 5/2/2007 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have only bought one star powder so far but I plan on getting MANY MANY more. I am in love. I bought 947 iridescent pale peach. I wasn't sure about these so I wanted to go with a color that I could use many ways. Inner corner, brow bone, lid, or as a wash.
I have only used it once the other day but it looked awesome!!! Right now my skintone is pretty light (nw20 in SFF or #30 MUFE mat velvet+) it looked like very pretty shiny skin. I love when I have a very neutral but shimmery browbone highlight with bright colors on the rest of my eye. This totally fits the bill and I love it. I need to get more. These are so finely milled and shimmery they are perfect for anywhere on the eye or even as a highlight.

on 2/10/2007 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought two of these Star Powders- 910 & 947 (Celadon and Iridescent Pale Peach). I haven't tried the Celadon on my lids yet, but the #947 (Peach) is a pretty nice product! I wore it over eyeshadow, and it made my inner corners go from "wow" to "POW!"I didn't find this Star Powder to be as pigmented as MAC's pigments, but it didn't seem as messy as MAC's, either. I think that #947 reminds me more of a Bare Escentuals glimmer eyeshadow then a MAC pigment. (At least all the MAC pigments I own are definitely more vivid and sparkly then this Star Powder.)I still like this, and would definitely buy one in another color. It gave me the look I was hoping for and it didn't crease on me. When I use the 910, I will come back and update. continued >>

on 2/25/2005 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I can't say enough good things about this powder. I bought #927, which is a really lovely two-toned colour of mauve and bronze/copper. So lovely. Everything the other reviewers are saying is true - it applies beautifully wet, stays on a long time, has very intense colour, etc. I don't think I can go back to cake e/s after this, I've got to get more of these. BTW, in regards to the container/application getting messy, this is what was recommended to me by the salesperson, and it has worked for me: After you take of the top lid there is an inner tray/seive thing with 3-4 holes in it. This has a clear sticker covering it when you purchase it, which you would probably remove. DON'T remove the sticker. Just use a pin or a pen or something and punch a hole through ONE of the holes. When you want to use the powder, put the lid on and give it a gentle shake. This will let just a little powder through and you don't end up with a mess. HTH