MAKE UP FOR EVER Star Powder Eye Shadow

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 25-29
MAKE UP FOR EVER Star Powder Eye Shadow

4.3

I love these maybe a little too much! I really have to refrain myself from buying the whole lot. These are super pigmented and a joy to play around with. Great staying power and nearly no creasing! I just have a few of the more traditional shades (browns, bronzes, black, etc) and while I think the brighter, more daring pigments are absolutely to die for, I know I would just never wear them. One of my favourites is N929 bronze khaki. Lovely, versatile shade, really compliments hazel or green/blue coloured eyes!

on 10/3/2009 11:07:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really like these shadows but I hate the package. I think they are a little on the expensive side, but the quality is great. The reason I prefer them over the mac pigments is that they are more finely milled so I find the application a little smoother. I only have 2 colors that I use as highlighters on my eyes and face so the finer the powder the better the finish for that purpose. Are there cheaper versions out there? Sure. But I think the quality is excellent and I will repurchase.

on 11/2/2008 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a great product that layers well. Gorgeous colors, can go sheer to intense. Wore it over my usual Dior 5e/s and it lasted well into the night at a Halloween party - even in the humidity. Bought #912: a vibrant pink with a teensy hint of violet.
Update: Bought #926 as an everyday shade and very pleased with the results. Love it!
Will check out #927 next time, a smoky purple plum color.

on 5/10/2005 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love those eyeshadows. I have 20 shades (all the shades I could find), including the 4 whites with golden, pink, blue and silver refelctions. The colours are gorgeous, very blendable and mixable. I love them both dry and wet and use them alone or to top other e/s (to intensify or modify one shade or simply to add a bit of shimmer).
The staying power is good, but not the best, especially if you wear them alone. After 8 hours you'll find the colours fade and sometimes start to crease a little bit, but they usually stay in place (if you use 2-3 colours you will not have just one unic mixes shade at the end of the day)
They are quite cheap (11 each) and last forever.

Video Reviews & Tutorials