Make Up For Ever Star Powder

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Make Up For Ever Star Powder

4.5

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

VERSATILE, AMAZING... it's a must have in every mua kit...mixed with Foundation, as a shadow, as an highligther...

I love these maybe a little too much! I really have to refrain myself from buying the whole lot. These are super pigmented and a joy to play around with. Great staying power and nearly no creasing! I just have a few of the more traditional shades (browns, bronzes, black, etc) and while I think the brighter, more daring pigments are absolutely to die for, I know I would just never wear them. One of my favourites is N929 bronze khaki. Lovely, versatile shade, really compliments hazel or green/blue coloured eyes!

on 10/3/2009 11:07:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really like these shadows but I hate the package. I think they are a little on the expensive side, but the quality is great. The reason I prefer them over the mac pigments is that they are more finely milled so I find the application a little smoother. I only have 2 colors that I use as highlighters on my eyes and face so the finer the powder the better the finish for that purpose. Are there cheaper versions out there? Sure. But I think the quality is excellent and I will repurchase.

on 8/7/2009 11:17:00 AM

Generally a good eyeshadow, I'd say MAC is a better investment though. It's a lot cheaper and the MAC one lasts FOREVER!!!

Sticks on my eye well, lasts for long. Bonuses for that. didn't give it 5 stars because the packaging is cheap and the glitter gets out really easily.

on 3/31/2009 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love star powders, it is very easy to apply and to blend. The colors are lovely with loads of shimmers, I have a dark green, a golden beige, a chocolate brown and a bright pink! I apply them with a painpot under and it lasts for ages!

on 11/2/2008 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a great product that layers well. Gorgeous colors, can go sheer to intense. Wore it over my usual Dior 5e/s and it lasted well into the night at a Halloween party - even in the humidity. Bought #912: a vibrant pink with a teensy hint of violet.
Update: Bought #926 as an everyday shade and very pleased with the results. Love it!
Will check out #927 next time, a smoky purple plum color.

on 6/2/2008 8:52:00 PM

Another awesome product I discovered through MUA! This was my first Make Up For Ever product, and it won't be my last. Star Powder is a lovely, unique powder--I have it in 944 (White/Turquoise) and 942 (White/Mauve) and I'll probably get more.

First, the colors are really pretty and unique. Both of the SPs I have appear white at first in the jars, but when applied are gorgeous seafoam green or iridescent lilac. They're great highlighters, but I may have to try wearing these on their own for casual summery looks. They're a little shimmery and iridescent to wear to work, but sometimes I'll apply them over my boring work e/s to create a different funky after-work look.

These are very finely milled and very easy to apply. A little goes a long way, though--so use a light hand when applying these. I have many MAC pigments and Bare Escentuals glimmers and MUFE's Star Powder is better than both, IMO. At $18, though, they're on the expensive side, as you only get 0.09 oz. MAC Pigments, on the other hand, are $19 for 0.29 oz. Is the MUFE Star Powder worth the extra money? IMO, you betcha.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh, my goodness! I am totally in love with these! I have been a MACfanatic for years now; their Pigments are one of my all-time favorite products, but MUFE product are now the ones I reach for. Richly pigmented, with lovely shades! I now have 916- a lovely rose with gold highlight, 930- a deep bronze, 940- a duochrome with rose highlight, 942- a duochrome with violet highlight, and the most perfect gold ever, 922. The duochromes and the gold are colors that I cannot duplicate with my MAC pigments; for instance, the pink duochrome is lighter than MAC's Pink Opal. Super lasting-power, beautiful gleam without a glittery effect, same price as MAC. Love, love, love these!

on 10/3/2007 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I love Star Powders. Particles are exremely fine. It's not glittery. The colours are awesome. I'm slowly building up my collection as they are not cheap...but a little goes a long way.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this in 902 white gold and 922 copper and i love em BOTH SOO MUCH! 902 is great for highlighting and dabbing on the corner and inner rims of your eye! They're super sparkly and can wear them with lip gloss too!