Make Up For Ever Star Powder

Filtered by hair type : Other
Make Up For Ever Star Powder

4.4

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I have the hot pink and the pink w/gold shift powder. Holy smokes! They are kind of pricey but if you happen to be going glam these are definitely hard to beat. I like to bring the hot pink one out to shock my friends "Oh yeah? I bet you don't have THIS!" and I whip it out and they're either blinded by its beauty or their eyes need to adjust to the neon. The pink/gold one is soooo gorgeous when used as a highlighter color. Definitely use these sparingly because Donna Summer was Donna Summer and you are you...unless you happen to be a Donna Summer impersonator. I wouldn't recommend the hot pink one to people with sensitive eyes, as it does cause irritation to some people and it will stain your lids. You can, however, use it as a blush or mix it with some clear gloss! For reference the Pink Gold is #916 and the Hot Pink is (technically fuschia) #951.

on 6/24/2009 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I'm in love with these powder eyeshadows. They are so pretty. Really, really pigmented. So just a little bit is needed.
They go on smooth. Kind of a mess if you apply with too much on the brush. So make sure you tap the access off.

The colors are beautiful. It lasts a long time on your lids and in the container.

My only complaint about this is the container it's in. It seems to break easily. The top came loose and then the powder went everywhere. So I had to exchange it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've never really tried anything from Makeup Forever, but I couldn't resist the neon pink starpowder (I dont know which shade it is, the number rubbed off) it was so bright and shocking and I thought I had found a product that i loved as much as MAC's pigments but more affordable. But after wearing it once for a day, it stained my eyelids!! I had pinkish ill-looking eyelids that no amount of makeup remover, moisturiser, ASTRINGENT!! would clean!!! I dont know if the store i bought it from sold me old stock or if its my bad luck for buying a one-off bad pot... but i was very dissappointed. anyone experience anything similar??

on 4/11/2003 6:22:00 AM

PRICE: US$17.00

These powders are pretty fun to play around with! Similar to MACs pigments I suppose.. I use them dry as a shimmery eyeshadow, or wet in the crease. The also look *fantastic* mixed in with clear nail polish btw! The powder texture is superb - so fine that you can barely see the individual shimmer particles in it.. and the colors can go on light and sheer to a deep metallic color.

continued >>

on 6/17/2002 11:12:00 AM

I too have the white (900), olive/lime --- omgoodness (#910) and the gold-pink (916) and i love them all. THey go on fierce, and gently wear down over the day, add glam and sparkle and there are colours for everyone. I love the texture and the wear. 5 stars. It's good to find knockoffs though (like Mattisse's) and save some dough.

Top Rated Eye Shadow