MAKE UP FOR EVER Star Powder Eye Shadow

4.9

on 12/9/2018 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is for 902 Pearl Gold

Pros: Gorgeous shimmer. I love it for the inner corners of the eyes
Cons: None for me!

Overall: 5* - I wanted this for an inner eye highlighting eyeshadow and it does that perfectly

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in a white shade (sorry, I don't exactly know the name of it) and the color payoff is great. It's really sheer with some glitter, but not too much. It lasts on my eyelids for a long time, which is great. I would buy this again. And again. And again. :)

I love these maybe a little too much! I really have to refrain myself from buying the whole lot. These are super pigmented and a joy to play around with. Great staying power and nearly no creasing! I just have a few of the more traditional shades (browns, bronzes, black, etc) and while I think the brighter, more daring pigments are absolutely to die for, I know I would just never wear them. One of my favourites is N929 bronze khaki. Lovely, versatile shade, really compliments hazel or green/blue coloured eyes!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What a wonderful product! I'd been looking for a sheer, shimmery powder for a long while now... and I'd tried them all. Urban Decay, MAC, even drug store names like L'Oreal and Revlon. Make Up For Ever's Star Powder is the best, hands down.

The staying power, as some have mentioned before me, is just amazing. It lasts all day, no real need to reapply, unless you want to feel extra shimmery again. :D

I purchased this in 902, which is like a pearly-gold tone. It's PERFECT for my skin tone, which has a lot of golden undertones... but the pearly color works for that fresh look that I was going for.

Bought this at Sephora for $19 USD... However, they were all sold out, so they ordered it for me. Since they were out of stock, I got free shipping and a HUGE sample of the stuff. Now it's like I got 2 for the price of 1. I think this stuff should last a long while, but it's gone, I'm going straight back to Sephora to buy more.

Slight creasing problems for me, but it's nothing outrageous. Overall, no complaints about this wonderful product!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love these! Super pigmented and soft, creamy feeling almost. They hold up best over a primer, but they stick around just fine without. I prefer these to MAC pigments. There's not much else to say other than they're amazing!

on 6/24/2009 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I'm in love with these powder eyeshadows. They are so pretty. Really, really pigmented. So just a little bit is needed.
They go on smooth. Kind of a mess if you apply with too much on the brush. So make sure you tap the access off.

The colors are beautiful. It lasts a long time on your lids and in the container.

My only complaint about this is the container it's in. It seems to break easily. The top came loose and then the powder went everywhere. So I had to exchange it.

i have this in 916 pink gold and it is very nice. it only takes a bit on your brush to accentuate your shadow. very sparkly, and shimmery. i havent used it by itself yet. but layered over shadow, it adds a whole new dimension.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These little shadow pots are nice :) The colors are lovely, I have 5 so far. The hot pink is the most pigmented, but it does stain your eyelids for a couple days, so be sure to use a good primer, which also helps the other colors last longer and look brighter and more intense. It seems to settle into my eye crease after a while if I don't use a primer. They are very pretty though!

I like these even better than MAC pigments. They are super expensive here but it's worth it. The colors are so beautiful and it goes on like a dream. It gives you that extra omph. Oh boy did it OMPH me. I will definitely start collecting these. I currently own 5. I wish they would make more colors soon.

on 7/19/2007 5:17:00 PM

I love these star powders!!! It's absolutely amazing! I just got the pearl gold(902), turquoise(906), and the Iridescent fuschia(951). It goes on so smoothly and gives it the perfect shimmer. I have some other kinds that are glittery which I kinda get tired of. Now I'm onto these shimmery powders. The pearl gold can be put on top of any bold color to tone it down and give it a nice shimmer. I hope to add more to my collection. They are pretty pricey though.