MAKE UP FOR EVER Star Powder Eye Shadow

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
MAKE UP FOR EVER Star Powder Eye Shadow

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What a wonderful product! I'd been looking for a sheer, shimmery powder for a long while now... and I'd tried them all. Urban Decay, MAC, even drug store names like L'Oreal and Revlon. Make Up For Ever's Star Powder is the best, hands down.

The staying power, as some have mentioned before me, is just amazing. It lasts all day, no real need to reapply, unless you want to feel extra shimmery again. :D

I purchased this in 902, which is like a pearly-gold tone. It's PERFECT for my skin tone, which has a lot of golden undertones... but the pearly color works for that fresh look that I was going for.

Bought this at Sephora for $19 USD... However, they were all sold out, so they ordered it for me. Since they were out of stock, I got free shipping and a HUGE sample of the stuff. Now it's like I got 2 for the price of 1. I think this stuff should last a long while, but it's gone, I'm going straight back to Sephora to buy more.

Slight creasing problems for me, but it's nothing outrageous. Overall, no complaints about this wonderful product!

on 2/10/2007 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought two of these Star Powders- 910 & 947 (Celadon and Iridescent Pale Peach). I haven't tried the Celadon on my lids yet, but the #947 (Peach) is a pretty nice product! I wore it over eyeshadow, and it made my inner corners go from "wow" to "POW!"I didn't find this Star Powder to be as pigmented as MAC's pigments, but it didn't seem as messy as MAC's, either. I think that #947 reminds me more of a Bare Escentuals glimmer eyeshadow then a MAC pigment. (At least all the MAC pigments I own are definitely more vivid and sparkly then this Star Powder.)I still like this, and would definitely buy one in another color. It gave me the look I was hoping for and it didn't crease on me. When I use the 910, I will come back and update. continued >>

on 5/10/2005 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love those eyeshadows. I have 20 shades (all the shades I could find), including the 4 whites with golden, pink, blue and silver refelctions. The colours are gorgeous, very blendable and mixable. I love them both dry and wet and use them alone or to top other e/s (to intensify or modify one shade or simply to add a bit of shimmer).
The staying power is good, but not the best, especially if you wear them alone. After 8 hours you'll find the colours fade and sometimes start to crease a little bit, but they usually stay in place (if you use 2-3 colours you will not have just one unic mixes shade at the end of the day)
They are quite cheap (11 each) and last forever.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool

These are very similar to mac pigments imo. They can be applied wet or dry and i use mixed with my too faced liquif eye as a great waterproof eyeliner too. I have 2 from beverlys picture the bright blue and the violet and out of those 2 my fave is the violet as it makes a great crease colour as well as a liner.

on 8/22/2002 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading all the rave reviews, I went to get the pink gold with my discount coupon (only S$16 or US$9 after discount!) it really is great. it looked too pink and glittery at the store and i was hesitating but i'm glad i got it. It gives perfect shimmer and is close to your eyelid shade so it doesn't look too over the top. Ask someone in Singapore to custom buy for you - the prices are 30% cheaper here!

Video Reviews & Tutorials