MAKE UP FOR EVER Star Powder Eye Shadow

Filtered by skin type : Normal
MAKE UP FOR EVER Star Powder Eye Shadow

4.6

on 9/28/2009 4:15:00 PM

It's nice and everything, but...

In my opinion, there's no way to justify spending this much money on what is essentially just mica powder. You can buy the same exact same stuff from Coastal Scents or TKB trading for a fraction of the cost. MAC pigments have better application and a better value. Unless they come out with some super-unique new shade that I can't find anywhere else, I will not be buying these again.

on 8/7/2009 11:17:00 AM

Generally a good eyeshadow, I'd say MAC is a better investment though. It's a lot cheaper and the MAC one lasts FOREVER!!!

Sticks on my eye well, lasts for long. Bonuses for that. didn't give it 5 stars because the packaging is cheap and the glitter gets out really easily.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love these! Super pigmented and soft, creamy feeling almost. They hold up best over a primer, but they stick around just fine without. I prefer these to MAC pigments. There's not much else to say other than they're amazing!

on 9/25/2008 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought 926 yesterday at Sephora and have been getting compliments on it all day! Right now I LOVE wearing champagne/ gold tones on my eyes and this over Smashbox's FIZZ is just amazing! love it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh, my goodness! I am totally in love with these! I have been a MACfanatic for years now; their Pigments are one of my all-time favorite products, but MUFE product are now the ones I reach for. Richly pigmented, with lovely shades! I now have 916- a lovely rose with gold highlight, 930- a deep bronze, 940- a duochrome with rose highlight, 942- a duochrome with violet highlight, and the most perfect gold ever, 922. The duochromes and the gold are colors that I cannot duplicate with my MAC pigments; for instance, the pink duochrome is lighter than MAC's Pink Opal. Super lasting-power, beautiful gleam without a glittery effect, same price as MAC. Love, love, love these!

I like these even better than MAC pigments. They are super expensive here but it's worth it. The colors are so beautiful and it goes on like a dream. It gives you that extra omph. Oh boy did it OMPH me. I will definitely start collecting these. I currently own 5. I wish they would make more colors soon.

on 7/4/2007 1:59:00 AM

Nice very thin powder shadow with quite an intense colour.I have it in a bright pink colour and use it wet to make it even more bright works very well. But it's expensive and also i haven't tried any mac pigment to compare.EDIT: I didn't find the staying power that good, but you can fix this if you mix it with the mufe mist n fix spray or the eye sealer product. I have tried them with the mist n fix, it makes the colour more vibrant too.

on 6/29/2007 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

love, love, love this eyeshadow. I have pink gold and i love it so much its my new favorite e/s. the texture is very silky for some reason, its almost glides right onto my eyelids. the color shows up deeply too. i just really like the texture of this eyeshadow, its some of the best all around that Ive seen in a while! i was so impressed when i tried it on, i knew i had to have it :) & ill be going back for more colors of this one.

on 9/20/2006 4:51:00 PM

Oh my lord! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've always been curious about these shadows, but I had never tried them until I received on in a swap. I am SOOO glad I tried them out, I wanna buy them all!! The color is fabulous...you can go sheer or bold quite easily. I love that you don't have to mix them with any sort of mixing medium. Oh, and I have yet to experience any sort of fallout during application, which I love! I am SO buying more of these babies!! MAC pigments are nothing compared to Star Powders!

on 7/11/2006 3:10:00 PM

Star Powder is the best eye shadow I have ever purchased. The colour selection is amazing and for the price, you can't go wrong! The eyeshadow doesn't smudge or crease even if you wear it all day. The actual product seems to last a lifetime as well. Star Powder rocks!!