MAKE UP FOR EVER Star Powder Eye Shadow

Filtered by age: 25-29
MAKE UP FOR EVER Star Powder Eye Shadow

4.8

I love these maybe a little too much! I really have to refrain myself from buying the whole lot. These are super pigmented and a joy to play around with. Great staying power and nearly no creasing! I just have a few of the more traditional shades (browns, bronzes, black, etc) and while I think the brighter, more daring pigments are absolutely to die for, I know I would just never wear them. One of my favourites is N929 bronze khaki. Lovely, versatile shade, really compliments hazel or green/blue coloured eyes!

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I have the hot pink and the pink w/gold shift powder. Holy smokes! They are kind of pricey but if you happen to be going glam these are definitely hard to beat. I like to bring the hot pink one out to shock my friends "Oh yeah? I bet you don't have THIS!" and I whip it out and they're either blinded by its beauty or their eyes need to adjust to the neon. The pink/gold one is soooo gorgeous when used as a highlighter color. Definitely use these sparingly because Donna Summer was Donna Summer and you are you...unless you happen to be a Donna Summer impersonator. I wouldn't recommend the hot pink one to people with sensitive eyes, as it does cause irritation to some people and it will stain your lids. You can, however, use it as a blush or mix it with some clear gloss! For reference the Pink Gold is #916 and the Hot Pink is (technically fuschia) #951.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What a wonderful product! I'd been looking for a sheer, shimmery powder for a long while now... and I'd tried them all. Urban Decay, MAC, even drug store names like L'Oreal and Revlon. Make Up For Ever's Star Powder is the best, hands down.

The staying power, as some have mentioned before me, is just amazing. It lasts all day, no real need to reapply, unless you want to feel extra shimmery again. :D

I purchased this in 902, which is like a pearly-gold tone. It's PERFECT for my skin tone, which has a lot of golden undertones... but the pearly color works for that fresh look that I was going for.

Bought this at Sephora for $19 USD... However, they were all sold out, so they ordered it for me. Since they were out of stock, I got free shipping and a HUGE sample of the stuff. Now it's like I got 2 for the price of 1. I think this stuff should last a long while, but it's gone, I'm going straight back to Sephora to buy more.

Slight creasing problems for me, but it's nothing outrageous. Overall, no complaints about this wonderful product!

on 10/3/2009 11:07:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really like these shadows but I hate the package. I think they are a little on the expensive side, but the quality is great. The reason I prefer them over the mac pigments is that they are more finely milled so I find the application a little smoother. I only have 2 colors that I use as highlighters on my eyes and face so the finer the powder the better the finish for that purpose. Are there cheaper versions out there? Sure. But I think the quality is excellent and I will repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love these! Super pigmented and soft, creamy feeling almost. They hold up best over a primer, but they stick around just fine without. I prefer these to MAC pigments. There's not much else to say other than they're amazing!

on 11/2/2008 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a great product that layers well. Gorgeous colors, can go sheer to intense. Wore it over my usual Dior 5e/s and it lasted well into the night at a Halloween party - even in the humidity. Bought #912: a vibrant pink with a teensy hint of violet.
Update: Bought #926 as an everyday shade and very pleased with the results. Love it!
Will check out #927 next time, a smoky purple plum color.

on 10/9/2007 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this in a whole bunch of bronze and copper colors and I totally love it. I this dry because I have swimmingly huge eyes that would look to severe with too-bright colors.

First, the powder is so fine, but so pigmented. I'd say it's better than the pigmentation of my MAC pigments, so I don't need to use a lot for a beautiful wash of color on my eyelids. Second, it doesn't crease at all on my lids which is a real plus because I hate creased shadow. And last, there's no fallout of powder on my face or clothes at all while I'm applying. I'd say this is much much better than MAC pigments.

For the price, I'm taking out one point off my overall review because it's quite pricey for a small pot. But other than that, I have absolutely no more complaints. This is LOVE. I think I'll be buying up all the other colors quite soon!

on 7/19/2007 5:17:00 PM

I love these star powders!!! It's absolutely amazing! I just got the pearl gold(902), turquoise(906), and the Iridescent fuschia(951). It goes on so smoothly and gives it the perfect shimmer. I have some other kinds that are glittery which I kinda get tired of. Now I'm onto these shimmery powders. The pearl gold can be put on top of any bold color to tone it down and give it a nice shimmer. I hope to add more to my collection. They are pretty pricey though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my first experience with a makeup forever product and I will forever be a fan! I plan on buying more of their colors - they are all so pretty! I started with 947 which is one of their lighter shades and it is gorgeous. Can't wait to go get some more, maybe I will become more daring and pick a more bold shade. :)

on 7/11/2006 3:10:00 PM

Star Powder is the best eye shadow I have ever purchased. The colour selection is amazing and for the price, you can't go wrong! The eyeshadow doesn't smudge or crease even if you wear it all day. The actual product seems to last a lifetime as well. Star Powder rocks!!