MAKE UP FOR EVER Star Powder

MAKE UP FOR EVER Star Powder

4.6

on 11/6/2007 11:21:00 PM

Ick, I bought Star Powder 954 purple, if you swatch it on your hand it is a super shimmery dark purple which is like spectakled with different shades, its really pretty but when I put it on my eyes, I don't know why but it was disgusting. There was barely any trace of shimmer left, it had an unbelieveable amount of fallout and it looked like I had been punched in the eye. I tried putting more on as I know it would probably need to be packed on a little more because it is a loose powder but this was no help it was so flat and dull, I did not like it at all.

on 9/28/2009 4:15:00 PM

It's nice and everything, but...

In my opinion, there's no way to justify spending this much money on what is essentially just mica powder. You can buy the same exact same stuff from Coastal Scents or TKB trading for a fraction of the cost. MAC pigments have better application and a better value. Unless they come out with some super-unique new shade that I can't find anywhere else, I will not be buying these again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've never really tried anything from Makeup Forever, but I couldn't resist the neon pink starpowder (I dont know which shade it is, the number rubbed off) it was so bright and shocking and I thought I had found a product that i loved as much as MAC's pigments but more affordable. But after wearing it once for a day, it stained my eyelids!! I had pinkish ill-looking eyelids that no amount of makeup remover, moisturiser, ASTRINGENT!! would clean!!! I dont know if the store i bought it from sold me old stock or if its my bad luck for buying a one-off bad pot... but i was very dissappointed. anyone experience anything similar??

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

For years I was obsessed with star powder and all the shimmer. I would use for highlights and as eyeshadow. It also peaked my interest in a similar expensive product from illamasqua.....and then I discovered tkb trading and there wide range of shimmers at a much lower price (the only downside being as they supply makeup, packaging) So what was a holy grail product to me is now not worth the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool

These are very similar to mac pigments imo. They can be applied wet or dry and i use mixed with my too faced liquif eye as a great waterproof eyeliner too. I have 2 from beverlys picture the bright blue and the violet and out of those 2 my fave is the violet as it makes a great crease colour as well as a liner.

on 7/20/2011 12:51:00 AM

got a sample of this from a swap and it got to say it's awesome. it's on my priority list.
i did crease a little bit but i can't blame it after walking in the sun for 3hours. other than that i gotta say it sticks pretty well. love it!!

on 2/15/2010 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Over all i love this pigment because of the natural shimmer that is not to much to wear everyday. I took one lippie off because of the terrible creasing i have to deal with. Even with urban decay primer potion, i cannot get it to stop creasing. But i will continue buying this product because of how nice it looks on my lids. I can't find another pigment as nice as this one.

on 10/3/2009 11:07:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really like these shadows but I hate the package. I think they are a little on the expensive side, but the quality is great. The reason I prefer them over the mac pigments is that they are more finely milled so I find the application a little smoother. I only have 2 colors that I use as highlighters on my eyes and face so the finer the powder the better the finish for that purpose. Are there cheaper versions out there? Sure. But I think the quality is excellent and I will repurchase.

on 8/7/2009 11:17:00 AM

Generally a good eyeshadow, I'd say MAC is a better investment though. It's a lot cheaper and the MAC one lasts FOREVER!!!

Sticks on my eye well, lasts for long. Bonuses for that. didn't give it 5 stars because the packaging is cheap and the glitter gets out really easily.

i have this in 916 pink gold and it is very nice. it only takes a bit on your brush to accentuate your shadow. very sparkly, and shimmery. i havent used it by itself yet. but layered over shadow, it adds a whole new dimension.