Make Up For Ever Star Powder

4.6

on 2/25/2005 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I can't say enough good things about this powder. I bought #927, which is a really lovely two-toned colour of mauve and bronze/copper. So lovely. Everything the other reviewers are saying is true - it applies beautifully wet, stays on a long time, has very intense colour, etc. I don't think I can go back to cake e/s after this, I've got to get more of these. BTW, in regards to the container/application getting messy, this is what was recommended to me by the salesperson, and it has worked for me: After you take of the top lid there is an inner tray/seive thing with 3-4 holes in it. This has a clear sticker covering it when you purchase it, which you would probably remove. DON'T remove the sticker. Just use a pin or a pen or something and punch a hole through ONE of the holes. When you want to use the powder, put the lid on and give it a gentle shake. This will let just a little powder through and you don't end up with a mess. HTH

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I have the hot pink and the pink w/gold shift powder. Holy smokes! They are kind of pricey but if you happen to be going glam these are definitely hard to beat. I like to bring the hot pink one out to shock my friends "Oh yeah? I bet you don't have THIS!" and I whip it out and they're either blinded by its beauty or their eyes need to adjust to the neon. The pink/gold one is soooo gorgeous when used as a highlighter color. Definitely use these sparingly because Donna Summer was Donna Summer and you are you...unless you happen to be a Donna Summer impersonator. I wouldn't recommend the hot pink one to people with sensitive eyes, as it does cause irritation to some people and it will stain your lids. You can, however, use it as a blush or mix it with some clear gloss! For reference the Pink Gold is #916 and the Hot Pink is (technically fuschia) #951.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

For years I was obsessed with star powder and all the shimmer. I would use for highlights and as eyeshadow. It also peaked my interest in a similar expensive product from illamasqua.....and then I discovered tkb trading and there wide range of shimmers at a much lower price (the only downside being as they supply makeup, packaging) So what was a holy grail product to me is now not worth the price.

on 6/2/2008 8:52:00 PM

Another awesome product I discovered through MUA! This was my first Make Up For Ever product, and it won't be my last. Star Powder is a lovely, unique powder--I have it in 944 (White/Turquoise) and 942 (White/Mauve) and I'll probably get more.

First, the colors are really pretty and unique. Both of the SPs I have appear white at first in the jars, but when applied are gorgeous seafoam green or iridescent lilac. They're great highlighters, but I may have to try wearing these on their own for casual summery looks. They're a little shimmery and iridescent to wear to work, but sometimes I'll apply them over my boring work e/s to create a different funky after-work look.

These are very finely milled and very easy to apply. A little goes a long way, though--so use a light hand when applying these. I have many MAC pigments and Bare Escentuals glimmers and MUFE's Star Powder is better than both, IMO. At $18, though, they're on the expensive side, as you only get 0.09 oz. MAC Pigments, on the other hand, are $19 for 0.29 oz. Is the MUFE Star Powder worth the extra money? IMO, you betcha.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ok, so I have 2 of these. One is #90951; an extremely bright pink; and the other is #90944 which is white with a hint of blue shimmer. I'll talk about the pink first. So I bought this thinking it would be my favorite eyeshadow of all time and how nice it would look with yellow, but how wrong I was. I wore it the first day i bought it, and the next day my eyes were swollen and crusty. I read the package to see the ingredients, and on the back it said "Do not apply to eyes". Where else would you apply something hot pink that came in an eyeshadow container? Seriously that was a bad experience, but I should have read the package beforehand.

The second one I have is really nice, and it's meant for eyes. I like that it's highly pigmented and it comes in a nice little container. The colour reminds me of ice because it's white/blue.

Overall I like this eyeshadow, but just don't purchase #90951 for your eyes ^_^

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What a wonderful product! I'd been looking for a sheer, shimmery powder for a long while now... and I'd tried them all. Urban Decay, MAC, even drug store names like L'Oreal and Revlon. Make Up For Ever's Star Powder is the best, hands down.

The staying power, as some have mentioned before me, is just amazing. It lasts all day, no real need to reapply, unless you want to feel extra shimmery again. :D

I purchased this in 902, which is like a pearly-gold tone. It's PERFECT for my skin tone, which has a lot of golden undertones... but the pearly color works for that fresh look that I was going for.

Bought this at Sephora for $19 USD... However, they were all sold out, so they ordered it for me. Since they were out of stock, I got free shipping and a HUGE sample of the stuff. Now it's like I got 2 for the price of 1. I think this stuff should last a long while, but it's gone, I'm going straight back to Sephora to buy more.

Slight creasing problems for me, but it's nothing outrageous. Overall, no complaints about this wonderful product!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh, my goodness! I am totally in love with these! I have been a MACfanatic for years now; their Pigments are one of my all-time favorite products, but MUFE product are now the ones I reach for. Richly pigmented, with lovely shades! I now have 916- a lovely rose with gold highlight, 930- a deep bronze, 940- a duochrome with rose highlight, 942- a duochrome with violet highlight, and the most perfect gold ever, 922. The duochromes and the gold are colors that I cannot duplicate with my MAC pigments; for instance, the pink duochrome is lighter than MAC's Pink Opal. Super lasting-power, beautiful gleam without a glittery effect, same price as MAC. Love, love, love these!

on 11/20/2005 3:35:00 AM

GREAT STUFF. This eyeshadow rocks! I have this in a pinkish-beige color. Although this stuff looks incredibly shimmery in its little pot, it goes on very sheer but can be built up easily for oomph. Has great staying power...my main complaint is the packaging. The little plastic, screw-top pot this product comes in has holes which allow the powder to come out....onto everything. After realizing what was going on, I ended up taping up the holes and making a single pinprick in the tape...which now gives me the perfect amount.
EDIT: more raves! I've also been using my star powder in the pink-beige color on my cheeks...and makes a terrific highlighter for my cheekbones without looking tacky.

on 7/8/2002 9:29:00 AM

This loose powder is great anywhere! They come in really pretty colors and are very versatile. As an eyeshadow it lasts all day without creasing. As a highlighter it adds the perfect amount of shine and under lipgloss it provides a nice shimmer. My only complaint? I don't have every color!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

VERSATILE, AMAZING... it's a must have in every mua kit...mixed with Foundation, as a shadow, as an highligther...