Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Highlighting Powder - Candlelight

Filtered by hair type : Curly

4.8

Talc, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, May Contain: Mica CI 77019, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491/ CI 77492/ CI 77499, Carmine CI 75470.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this on sale on Black Friday as I wouldn't have paid full price for it without having swatched it. I would pay full price now after having it for nearly 6 months. I love it and it's probably my fave warm toned highlighter. I am NC25 and it works really well for me. It's not an in your face glow but it's not so subtle that you hardly see it either. It's a happy medium, IMO. It gives a golden candlelight glow.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This highlighter gives me life! It's so pretty and I like that it's not really warm or cool toned as a highlight, it's pretty neutral. It gives such a beautiful luminescence, not sparkly at all. Just gorgeous. The only down side I will say is that it's probably not as ideal for someone with very fair skin, it might not be light enough. I am medium toned, so it works great. Lasting power is impressive especially with a liquid highlight underneath as a base. I love that they give you lots of product too, and for the price at about $48 they definitely should. Another Kevyn aucoin product I am very pleased with!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been on an insane highlighter kick lately. I can't recall ever reading about The Celestial Powder until recently but I'm so glad I discovered and bought this! This is my second Kevyn Aucoin purchase and frankly, I was a bit leery. The first Aucoin product I bought was the Sensual Skin Enhancer due to the fab reviews. I can attest that it took my breath away, mainly because it was expensive, super small, the wrong shade (my own fault) and completely boggled my mind. I ended up sending it back and sort of filed Aucoin products in the side-eye/think twice category. But, a kick is a kick so I threw caution to the wind and bought The Celestial Powder. Thankfully this product is an altogether different kind of beast than the weird Sensual Skin Enhancer and it's a snap to use.

I'm an NC30 and initially thought this powder might be too light for my skin tone. I was pleased to discover that it blends seamlessly into my skin and does not make me look chalky or bizarre (I've actually discovered that lighter colored highlighters work better on me for some reason). I only use this to dust my cheek bones and my brow bones and it really does look amazing. It's not glittery at all and gives the same effect as Guerlain Meteorites which I love because they tend to impart that "lit from within" glow. I think the shimmer/glittery effect can be built up with this but since I'm a bit too long in the tooth to look like a Club Kid, I've never piled this on. I haven't noticed any particular smell and haven't had any adverse effects while wearing it.

I suppose the only negative to this product is the price. 0.17 ounces is $44 which can be startling. Like most highlighters however, very little is needed so one compact could last years. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a subtle highlighter sans glitter.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Ok, this powder is amazing. I only recently ventured into the world of highlighting powders and while they have become one of my obsessions (they're so darn gorgeous!!), some work and some don't work on my skin. I'm 35, have some larger pores around my nose and forehead, and some fine lines in the sub orbital region. I've found that many powder highlighters tend to highlight these (and other) imperfections...this one by Kevyn Aucoin does NOT accentuate pores and fine lines. It is beautifully finely milled, soft, and the texture is what I would imagine the finest, most beautiful pixie dust to be like! Ok pardon the fairy tale reference, but this stuff is so pretty...it's not glittery or coarse at all like some highlighters can be, it's just a sheen of gorgeous glow. The name describes it perfectly, it's like a soft wash of candlelight over the face. I use it on my cheekbones, Cupid's bow, bridge of nose, chin and forehead. It picks up light perfectly and gives almost a soft focus effect to my face. The kicker is, when I first bought it, I thought it looked drab in the compact so I stashed it away till one day I decided to try it out...I use it religiously now, it is a definite staple in my makeup collection and probably my favorite highlighter (and I have a ton! LOL). The packaging is classic KA, dark reddish brown lacquer compact that feels sleek sturdy and not the least bit flimsy or cheap. I love that his packaging is often timeless, classy, and high quality without being bulky. The brush included is definitely usable, but I find a powder or angled blush brush works best for me...it's a matter of taste. IT'S TOTALLY worth the money, but I really didn't think the price was too outrageous considering the quality. Definite thumbs way up!!!! Love love love!!!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

OH MY GOODNESS. HOLY GRAIL. This is a must have guys! I never thought I would fall into the routine of using a highlighter daily and I still can't believe I have. I've never enjoyed highlighters, and I always found them to be an unnecessary step that was less interesting than blush and bronzer. I have purchased countless highlighters, including the infamous Dior Amber Diamond and was left hugely unimpressed. I never had a highlighter that made me want to go for the extra step in the morning and put it on until now. Candlelight is an amazing yellow-toned satin finish powder with a slight sheen that blends into the skin and looks beautifully natural. The texture is so soft and buttery, it feels like a cream. I lovelovelove this product so much. Such a must have. I'd definitely recommend it five times over the Dior Amber Diamond no matter what skin tone, or type you have. I really think this is a truly universal powder. I know that term gets thrown around a lot but I cannot see this product looking bad on anyone.

My routine for this is as follows: After I apply my bronzer/contour and blush, I take this with a synthetic Real Techniques Contour brush and follow the contours of my cheek bones on top of the blush, and then I sweep around and put some on the apples of my cheeks. Then I sweep some on the bridge of my nose, my cupids bow, on top of my eyebrows (where they arch), and then sweep the rest under my eyes for a little extra brightness. A little goes a long way so while the price is steep, it's definitely worth it.

For reference: I am super sheet-of-paper pale, and this doesn't seem to look bad on me; However, this is a yellow toned powder, so if you tend to avoid yellow tones, maybe this would be something to pass on. Also, I have oily skin and I do not find that this emphasizes that or my pores at all, which is very unique.

Please, if you're in the market for a highlight go for this! I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed!