Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Highlighting Powder - Candlelight

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

4.5

Talc, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, May Contain: Mica CI 77019, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491/ CI 77492/ CI 77499, Carmine CI 75470.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this in a KA sampler set which was admittedly too expensive for what I got

It's a nice extremely subtle highlight

I use it not unlike how I imagine the hourglass powders are used, somewhere between a setting powder and highlight

I can't say I dislike it but its a very subtle look and an extremely expensive product

I don't think I will buy the full size considering I feel like its just very expensive for a not impactful product. But it has class. It's a highlight I wear to work and dust right under my eye. Maybe I will miss it if I ever finish the super tiny sample size I have, but at this point its just so expensive.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been on an insane highlighter kick lately. I can't recall ever reading about The Celestial Powder until recently but I'm so glad I discovered and bought this! This is my second Kevyn Aucoin purchase and frankly, I was a bit leery. The first Aucoin product I bought was the Sensual Skin Enhancer due to the fab reviews. I can attest that it took my breath away, mainly because it was expensive, super small, the wrong shade (my own fault) and completely boggled my mind. I ended up sending it back and sort of filed Aucoin products in the side-eye/think twice category. But, a kick is a kick so I threw caution to the wind and bought The Celestial Powder. Thankfully this product is an altogether different kind of beast than the weird Sensual Skin Enhancer and it's a snap to use.

I'm an NC30 and initially thought this powder might be too light for my skin tone. I was pleased to discover that it blends seamlessly into my skin and does not make me look chalky or bizarre (I've actually discovered that lighter colored highlighters work better on me for some reason). I only use this to dust my cheek bones and my brow bones and it really does look amazing. It's not glittery at all and gives the same effect as Guerlain Meteorites which I love because they tend to impart that "lit from within" glow. I think the shimmer/glittery effect can be built up with this but since I'm a bit too long in the tooth to look like a Club Kid, I've never piled this on. I haven't noticed any particular smell and haven't had any adverse effects while wearing it.

I suppose the only negative to this product is the price. 0.17 ounces is $44 which can be startling. Like most highlighters however, very little is needed so one compact could last years. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a subtle highlighter sans glitter.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This gives that glow. There is NO glitter which makes skin look perfect and naturally luminous. Although pretty pricey, this is my favorite highlighter to date. A little goes a long way. Don't use too much because it is extremely concentrated. The best places to use it are on the top of your cheekbones, cupid's bow, and underneath the brow bone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Skin tone and Type: nc/nw 7-10 (just as reference, I cannot actually use Mac foundations) or Nars Mont Blanc. I have Acne prone, extremely sensitive, combination, oily skin. I have a lot of topical and internal allergies/ intolerances.

This is one of like three Highlighters I have found that DOES NOT contain bismuth oxychloride. I have had to turn down highlighter after highlighter for this reason. So it is a huge Plus that this is a shade of highlighter I can use, but also that it is a formula that will not tear up my skin.

The color is more Champagne than yellow or pink, which very much compliments my skin tone. I like the product itself. It isn't chalky, but when I use my brush it seems to get powdery. Which basically means it kicks up powder that I cannot use, so I feel like I am losing product even when I gently pat my brush in. The packaging closes securely. However, I am not a fan of how big the packaging is compared to the amount of product, and the brush is a joke and a waste of plastic. Literally cut the packaging in half and drop the price because it is simply wasteful. Considering the Price, it's a little hard to drop that much money on a highlighter. I do not need a highlighter, honestly, because of how pale I am, but I rather enjoy them. I actually do like the product itself enough to purchase again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I had been looking for a highlighter for a few weeks before I bought this product. I ruled out liquid highlighters since most of them had ingredients that would most likely break me out. I was originally going to buy Nars Albatross or Nico but when I tried them out in the store they looked chalky on my skin, and then out in the light they looked too sparkly. Candlelight is practically invisible (I'm nc20) unless you have light shining on you, and when you do it looks like a subtle sheen/glow. It is perfect for everyday wear! Since I get oily I use a lot of mattifying products but this keeps my face from looking too powdery and flat. Love it! The only bad thing is the price, so when I beauty.com was having a 20% off sale, i took it as a sign to splurge on this product =)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! It's like having your own lighting guy follow you around making sure you're lit up in just the right spots. I bought it during sephora sale (like $11) 2 months ago and wish I bought 10 more. I've tried so many highlighters and while I like the look of them, pores and pimple marks get in the way of looking finished but this product doesnt make my pores look huge or make me look greasy. Honestly girls, prescriptives magic, benefit, cover girl, whatever has nothing on this.