Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Highlighting Powder - Candlelight

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry

4.3

Talc, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, May Contain: Mica CI 77019, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491/ CI 77492/ CI 77499, Carmine CI 75470.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I picked up the Kevyn Aucoin Contour book, volume 2. (this was limited edition, but you can buy the items individually)

It includes the sculpting powder, sculpting cream, candlelight cream, and candlelight powder. (and the book had a few eyeshadows too - the shadows are more on the powdery side, similar to the Lorac formula)

Every once in a while a product comes along, that completely blows away everything else. This was instant HG for me.

Of the two formulas, I prefer the cream version. I have dry skin and find it applies so nicely. It is quite subtle, but I notice an immediate difference. It is less shimmery than the Becca. (if you are after a strobing, almost wet look, grab the becca powder instead) Although the becca isn't particularly glittery - I think the Kevyn Aucoin is even more natural looking.

The formula applies so well, and blends beautifully. You can apply it lightly for a subtle look, but it is also can be built up for a more dramatic look too. It just gives the skin a very nice glow.

Only con - it's pricey! They have released the contour book every year during christmas, which is great value for the price.

I grab my Wet n wild coloricon for travel. (it's inexpensive, and I don't have to worry about forgetting it, or it getting cracked)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this, the other Celestial Powder - Starlight and the Sculpting Powder and while I think these Celestial powders are beautiful they are dupable and far too expensive. This particular shade is more of a yellow-white-neutral shade. These are very pigmented and don't look at all glittery and come off very natural. I just think I have SEVERAL other highlighters that are less expensive (Physician's Formula comes to mind) or as good, if not better (Becca and Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks come to mind, among others). The compact is absolutely tiny - like a single eye shadow, which is good and bad because they are extremely travel-friendly but don't seem like you get much product. I really think when it comes to highlighting/contouring, the real star of these powders is the Sculpting Powder.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product is my holy grail highlighter. It is a beautiful champagne color that adds a beautiful highlight without being glittery or frosty. It is subtle, but effective.