Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Highlighting Powder - Candlelight

4.4

Talc, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, May Contain: Mica CI 77019, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491/ CI 77492/ CI 77499, Carmine CI 75470.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OMG, where have you been?

this is the best of the best, very very high quality highlighter. perfect pure sheen not glittery, on the pan this looks pretty normal but on the face.. this is just amazing. can't recommend enough, very pretty champagne color, which is perfect for my nc15 skin tone. blends perfectly suits every makeup. staying power is also phenomenal. price is overwhelming but what can i say this worth every penny.

Definitely, on my top 5 highlighter list.

I got this powder as a part of The Contour Book The Art of Sculpting + Defining Volume II (which is such an amazing deal for the price, by the way). Surprisingly, I found this to be slightly different to the Candlelight powder in The Contour Duo On The Go in terms of colour/shine. This one is more neutral, beigey golden and subdued (which I prefer), whereas the powder in T.C.D.O.T.G. is slightly more pinky toned and had some sparkle. However, they both perform the same in terms of longevity, slight powderiness, and creaminess.

Some people say that this Candlelight powder is almost the same as the Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder Highlighter, but I disagree. The Laura Mercier highlighter that I got is not as ethereal or natural looking in comparison to this highlighter. It had obvious sparkle, was a pinky-golden colour (slightly more pink-hued than the Candlelight powder in T.C.D.O.T.G. I would say), and it emphasizes pores/can look cakey if you build it up.

This highlighter is a truly gorgeous natural sheen, with basically no obvious sparkle. It has good lasting power (6+ hours on my combo skin), is very soft (slightly powdery) and creamy. I am most likely going to keep repurchasing this, and I would definitely recommend.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I didn't mean to buy this. But now I will never be without it!!! I bought the KA On the Go at Sephora which is a small Sculpting Powder and a small Celestial powder in one travel compact. I was interested in the sculpting powder. I already had TheBalm's Mary Loumanizer and love it. I didn't think I needed another h/l. I was WRONG! The two powders are worlds apart. Mary Lou is bright, pigmented, and not subtle. KA is much more subtle. You have to build it but it IS buildable. It's like I'm walking around in perfect light all the time. It is so wonderful! It gives my face such perfect dimension. People can't put their finger on it they just say "you look GREAT today". I will still keep Mary Lou for inner corner of my eye as I do need a real brightness there. But will definitely repurchase this h/l in full size!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this on sale on Black Friday as I wouldn't have paid full price for it without having swatched it. I would pay full price now after having it for nearly 6 months. I love it and it's probably my fave warm toned highlighter. I am NC25 and it works really well for me. It's not an in your face glow but it's not so subtle that you hardly see it either. It's a happy medium, IMO. It gives a golden candlelight glow.

I am extremely pale and this did not show up on me at all. That's ok though, because I got a small size of this at Sephora in a KA contour kit, and both the sculpt and the white brighten shade in the kit are worth the price alone.

When I want a BAM in your face highlighter I reach for TheBalm's collection. When I want a nice, subtle highlight this is the powder I go for.

The texture is very soft and blends smoothly. You only need a small amount of product, and the shine is very soft. I use a Smashbox fan brush #22 to apply this, and so far I've repurchased this highlighter twice. It's definitely a staple in my makeup collection.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this in a KA sampler set which was admittedly too expensive for what I got

It's a nice extremely subtle highlight

I use it not unlike how I imagine the hourglass powders are used, somewhere between a setting powder and highlight

I can't say I dislike it but its a very subtle look and an extremely expensive product

I don't think I will buy the full size considering I feel like its just very expensive for a not impactful product. But it has class. It's a highlight I wear to work and dust right under my eye. Maybe I will miss it if I ever finish the super tiny sample size I have, but at this point its just so expensive.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This highlighter gives me life! It's so pretty and I like that it's not really warm or cool toned as a highlight, it's pretty neutral. It gives such a beautiful luminescence, not sparkly at all. Just gorgeous. The only down side I will say is that it's probably not as ideal for someone with very fair skin, it might not be light enough. I am medium toned, so it works great. Lasting power is impressive especially with a liquid highlight underneath as a base. I love that they give you lots of product too, and for the price at about $48 they definitely should. Another Kevyn aucoin product I am very pleased with!!

Kevyn Aucoin makeup is always top notch. This highlight powder gives you a really beautiful subtle glow. I would definitely use the liquid illuminator under this and then put the powder on top.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I picked up the Kevyn Aucoin Contour book, volume 2. (this was limited edition, but you can buy the items individually)

It includes the sculpting powder, sculpting cream, candlelight cream, and candlelight powder. (and the book had a few eyeshadows too - the shadows are more on the powdery side, similar to the Lorac formula)

Every once in a while a product comes along, that completely blows away everything else. This was instant HG for me.

Of the two formulas, I prefer the cream version. I have dry skin and find it applies so nicely. It is quite subtle, but I notice an immediate difference. It is less shimmery than the Becca. (if you are after a strobing, almost wet look, grab the becca powder instead) Although the becca isn't particularly glittery - I think the Kevyn Aucoin is even more natural looking.

The formula applies so well, and blends beautifully. You can apply it lightly for a subtle look, but it is also can be built up for a more dramatic look too. It just gives the skin a very nice glow.

Only con - it's pricey! They have released the contour book every year during christmas, which is great value for the price.

I grab my Wet n wild coloricon for travel. (it's inexpensive, and I don't have to worry about forgetting it, or it getting cracked)