Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Highlighting Powder - Candlelight

Filtered by age: 36-43

4.8

Talc, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, May Contain: Mica CI 77019, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491/ CI 77492/ CI 77499, Carmine CI 75470.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I didn't mean to buy this. But now I will never be without it!!! I bought the KA On the Go at Sephora which is a small Sculpting Powder and a small Celestial powder in one travel compact. I was interested in the sculpting powder. I already had TheBalm's Mary Loumanizer and love it. I didn't think I needed another h/l. I was WRONG! The two powders are worlds apart. Mary Lou is bright, pigmented, and not subtle. KA is much more subtle. You have to build it but it IS buildable. It's like I'm walking around in perfect light all the time. It is so wonderful! It gives my face such perfect dimension. People can't put their finger on it they just say "you look GREAT today". I will still keep Mary Lou for inner corner of my eye as I do need a real brightness there. But will definitely repurchase this h/l in full size!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this on sale on Black Friday as I wouldn't have paid full price for it without having swatched it. I would pay full price now after having it for nearly 6 months. I love it and it's probably my fave warm toned highlighter. I am NC25 and it works really well for me. It's not an in your face glow but it's not so subtle that you hardly see it either. It's a happy medium, IMO. It gives a golden candlelight glow.

I have fair skin, with yellow undertones.
I LOVE this product.
It highlights the skin, enhances cheekbones and never cakes.
I use it every day as a highlighter and sometimes as an eyeshabow. I can't say enough great things about this product.
If you want to splurge - I would say that this would be the product.
Gives the skin a slight dewy look.

PROS
Beautiful colour
Versitile Product
does not cake
lasts a very long time
pretty good brush

CONS
Is crumbling a little bit as the powder is almost finished

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been on an insane highlighter kick lately. I can't recall ever reading about The Celestial Powder until recently but I'm so glad I discovered and bought this! This is my second Kevyn Aucoin purchase and frankly, I was a bit leery. The first Aucoin product I bought was the Sensual Skin Enhancer due to the fab reviews. I can attest that it took my breath away, mainly because it was expensive, super small, the wrong shade (my own fault) and completely boggled my mind. I ended up sending it back and sort of filed Aucoin products in the side-eye/think twice category. But, a kick is a kick so I threw caution to the wind and bought The Celestial Powder. Thankfully this product is an altogether different kind of beast than the weird Sensual Skin Enhancer and it's a snap to use.

I'm an NC30 and initially thought this powder might be too light for my skin tone. I was pleased to discover that it blends seamlessly into my skin and does not make me look chalky or bizarre (I've actually discovered that lighter colored highlighters work better on me for some reason). I only use this to dust my cheek bones and my brow bones and it really does look amazing. It's not glittery at all and gives the same effect as Guerlain Meteorites which I love because they tend to impart that "lit from within" glow. I think the shimmer/glittery effect can be built up with this but since I'm a bit too long in the tooth to look like a Club Kid, I've never piled this on. I haven't noticed any particular smell and haven't had any adverse effects while wearing it.

I suppose the only negative to this product is the price. 0.17 ounces is $44 which can be startling. Like most highlighters however, very little is needed so one compact could last years. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a subtle highlighter sans glitter.

That Kevyn Aucoin really did know things about make-up! This is hands down one of my most favourite highlighters and I have a few to pick from :) I only use this as a highlight on top of my cheek bones and couldn't really imagine using it as a finishing powder, on me it would be too sheeny/glowy for that.

This powder is best applied lightly with a fan brush and you really don't need much at all, the colour looks like nude champagne - but on my NC15 skin, just leaves a my skin but much better, angelic gleam, looking like you have a healthy glow from within coming through.

I have the newer packaging which does not include a brush - so its small but its all powder at 3.10g. For all you NZ and Aussie girls who will know if they are hunting this one down - KA is hard to find but this product sometimes pops up on strawberry.net and is also sold now from kissandmakeupny

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product is my holy grail highlighter. It is a beautiful champagne color that adds a beautiful highlight without being glittery or frosty. It is subtle, but effective.

Beautiful!!!!!
After hours, I look perfectl! All because of this.
A little goes a long way! This isn't your run of the mill highlighter! You don't need to pack it on..so apply wisely! You're not supposed to look like a shiny pearl! This makes you have that angelic Oprah glow! That's worth every penny! I would pay double for this. Obviously you'll look like a clown if you put this all over your face lol like someone below! This is only applied lightly at the top of your cheek bones, a little below and above eyebrow arches, straight down your nose and chin, and cuspids bow..auuughhh so heavenly!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Ok, I would rather spend money on product than packaging particularly when small unuseable brushes are included. That aside this gets totally fabulous reviews everywhere, indeed I haven't read a single neutral, let alone negative, comment about it. So, I'll be first:
I was very excited about this arriving due to the great reviews, particularly focusing on it's highlighting rather than glitter based characteristics. Also, its champagne tint which I hoped would be warming rather than obviously white or pink like other such products.
I am very very fair, and just a light dusting resulted in me looking like a child with dry crusty food around their mouth on my cheeks.
I am certain this works for many people. I am too pale for it.

I came across the wonderful reviews for this product here, and decided to give it a try. I usually balk at paying this much for a product and was a bit shocked at how small the powder pan is when it first arrived in the mail, but I LOVE this product and will definitely re-purchase!

I've tried other highlighters in the past, but they have wound up looking way too shimmery on my 38-year-old skin. This imparts a nice, SUBTLE glean, and is definitely suitable for day wear to the office.

I've been using a small angled powder blush to apply it, and am still playing with where and how to use it. I've found it works better on top of my regular powder (Bobbi Brown's yellow shade loose powder) so that it sits on top and imparts that nice glow.

I just wish it weren't so darn expensive, but I can see this lasting a long time since, as some other reviewers mentioned, you only need a small amount and your brush just picks up the right amount of it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Really fantastic. I am addicted to this, personally, but also professionally (I am a mkp artist). There are alot of shimmery highlighters out there but this one is so subtle, the powder so finely milled, it doesn't look like makeup. Even in the harshest daylight, your skin looks soft and glowy. It photographs beautifully, as well.