3.5

Reviews

1.0
fromSKSS

a year ago

Origins skincare products are terrible Bc like the Paula b skin expert lady says it's full of irritating essential oils & plant extracts that are bad for the skin! I would never buy this face cleanser myself Bc of this reason! But I did get myself a free tube of this cleanser for earth day years ago to try! & I found it was a ok face cleanser for my very oily skin! It felt kinda dry Bc it's sulfate based but it did have a nice pleasant citrus aroma to it !

About reviewer (235 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2.0

4 years ago

I like this cleanser a lot. I double-cleanse sometimes using this product and I actually find that it removes makeup pretty well for something that does not necessarily claim to be a makeup removing cleanser. It is good on my dry, sensitive skin that is still prone to the occasional (usually hormonal or stress-related) breakout. The antioxidants will boost the skin, make it less sensitive and even clearer and not as susceptible to the effects of environmental damage, product usage, or the signs of aging long term. And the white tea and fruit extract smell, totally naturally-derived, is Heavenly in my opinion. I just don't like the squeeze tube packaging. The formula, though very creamy is very thin and is often runny and I end up squirting out more than I intend and end up wasting the product somewhat in this way I think. I would likely buy this again, though as they have all but completely discontinued my beloved Bare Escentuals Purifying Facial cleanser that they are supposedly going to revamp, but i find revamps of products rarely agree with me as well as the originals do for whatever reason. I want to try the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish next though, which does have a pump, while I have some of this still and some of my regular Bareminerals Purifying Facial Cleanser in back-ups just in case I suffer any ill effects from the Liz Earle. I always do this when trying new skincare, especially new cleansers, so I'll always have a reliable thing to fall back on to recover any losses or repair any damage and then to use while I keep hunting for a replacement or something better to use in place of what is being discontinued, UPDATE: I have to not recommend this now for my skin type. Though very creamy in texture when you first squeeze it from the tube and very silky when applied to the face, it ultimately dried and stripped my skin. I was rather surprised to learn, actually, that sodium laurel sulfate is the third ingriedent (active) listed on the product. Usually products chock full of natural ingredients or that like to have the appearance of being very posh and healthy (even if the company never claims to be organic or natural or something like that), steer clear of the sulfates, even the cheaper brands that still go on the more natural or natural ingredient leaning mission. Anything with sulfates used and my skin reddens. I cannot use this anymore, but will use the tube I have as a hand soap, as I adore the smell. It is the apricot/peach smell that Origins has in some of their products (like the Drink Up Intensive Hydration Mask, which I love) mixed with the white tea and damask rose oil that are also found and active in this product and presumably more of if not all of the rest of the offerings from the "A Perfect World" line. This cleanser also stings and dries the eye area as it struggles to try to remove eye makeup, which was a minus to this product from the beginning (even though it doesn't claim to remove makeup, it never hurts to try) I am sorry I cannot use this anymore and have to post such a negative review now,

About reviewer (463 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

Having tried Checks and Balances, which dried my skin out, I turned to this as recommended by my Origins facial therapist. It's a lovely cleanser that cleans and doesn't dry out my skin, and I find I can get away with just a single cleanse if I only wear sunscreen. It's a lovely scented and gentle foaming cleanser for more sensitive skins, but I would not be repurchasing as I've discovered my HG foaming cleanser in the Shiseido Ibuki Gentle cleanser. Hehe!

About reviewer (94 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

I love this cleanser. It's not outrageously expensive, smells incredible, and cleans my very dry, very sensitive skin really well without leaving that too-tight feeling. I was using my mom's bottle every time I went home and knew that was a sign I needed my own. Not sure if it is my HG yet, but I'm certain I will use every last drop.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairBlond

5 years ago

love this product really brought life back into my skin leaves a great unstripped feeling

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

5 years ago

This stuff is seriously HG status for me. My skin loves this stuff. I ran out of it about two or three weeks ago and there is such a noticeable difference in my skin. This will probably be my fifth or sixth time repurchasing. It's a little pricey but for me, it's completely worth it. I use this in combination with my acne cleanser and it does a good job of cleaning my skin and leave it soft and moisturizes. It helps improve my skin texture and decrease some of my redness. The smell is overpowering but I find it nice and pleasant so it doesn't bother me. I use this cleanser twice a day, morning and night. I've never noticed a film on my skin from using it but I use a toner afterwards so that might help. Overall, I love this cleanser. I have tried to find other cleansers that are cheaper but none have worked like this. If you want to try this stuff out, I'd recommend purchasing from Macy's because they have a very generous return policy if you don't like it. There's also a travel size for half the price if that's an issue.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

I used this line with the Perfect World Age Defense Treatment Lotion (toner really) and the Skin Guardian Serum. I like this cleanser and I feel like it worked for me. It lathered well and washed off nice without leaving a film behind. I did not break out on most of my face with this cleanser (I had some on my chin but that area is supposedly horomonal and does not have anything to do with skin care) The price is not bank-breaking for a beauty store brand and I did use it until I finished the bottle.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

2.0

5 years ago

I love Origins but this wasn't really what I expected; it kind of made my skin look dull. I do like the Never A Dull Moment cleanser by Origins but this one wasn't at all great though :/

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Tan

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

5 years ago

This is honestly one of the best face washes I've ever used. I love the scent and how nice my skin feels posterior to using it.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

3.0

5 years ago

Love the smell of the cleanser! I love the citrus-y smell! This is a good cleanser for my skin during the winter when my skin is on the drier side, but it does not work as well for me during the summer when my skin is oilier. It does an OK job with removing makeup. However, for more tenacious makeup and sunblock, I have to prewash with a face oil.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age30-35