3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

This mousse is like no other product I've used. It is liquid in the bottle, but not a spray. It is called a mousse, but is really a foam. It smells like the rest of this line (coconut), but the smell doesn't linger. It fades, leaving only a light, faint smell of the original. I have used this as my only "setting" product for my 2c/3a hair and had good results. It gives enough hold to prevent frizz, but doesn't define. I have fairly defined waves/curls on their own, but need frizz control and clumping help. This rocked for that. I have used on both wet and dry hair, having good results both times. I have also used this as second day reviver, and it works well. This leaves no crunch, and not much residue. My hair is softer/smoother with other products, but this has the huge benefit of not feeling like my hair is coated in product, which I prefer. I do wish it left my hair feeling more conditioned, but it seems to neither moisturize nor dry it out, which I'll take. I always start my hair routine with an oil to smooth, soften, and seal, and when using this mousse this is the only product I layer on top. I do not rely on this in humidity or wind (I live in the desert), as it doesn't hold up. Overall, I will purchase again to have as a light hold, to revive second day hair, or simply as a touch up product that won't leave crunch, residue, washes out well, and overall is impossible to mess up on amount used. As a note, this works best if you SHAKE THE BITTLE BEFORE PUMPING. Shaking really makes it come out in a nice foam. I shake a few times, pump 3-4 times, apply, and repeat. I only had issues with it being liquid before I found that shaking makes all the difference!

About reviewer (104 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Olive, Warm

EyesHazel

7 years ago

If you don't have thousands of dollars to shell out to take a vacation to a tropical island, this mousse will get you there with 2% of the cost. Just kidding. No need to over-exaggerate. Anyway, I really do love this product. I have type 2B curly hair and although this product isn't meant for scrunching or for having long-lasting hold, it smells scrumptious and leaves my hair soft and toussled. To get my curly hair to the wavy, toussled level, though, I had to use a few different products to keep the hold in. If you just use this product alone, it won't shape hair whatsoever. This product would work best for those who have straighter, relaxed hair to achieve a little bit of volume and shape as opposed to those who have thick, unruly hair who want a lot of hold.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Coarse

7 years ago

PROS smells amazing lightweight adds definition and defrizzes great for styling CONS not for scrunching hair at all

About reviewer (74 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

7 years ago

I'm generally not one to repurchase hair products, but I would definitely buy this one again. This is an all around fantastic styling product which I imagine would work well for many different types of hair--it is lightweight and non-greasy, but still strong enough to smooth frizzy hair while making it more brushable and easier to detangle. It also makes hair shiny--I don't need to use any serum or gloss afterward! It provides light hold at best, though, so if you're looking for something that will really define and hold a style, this isn't it. Think of it more as a product to add silkiness, softness, shine, and manageability to hair. It also has a beautiful light scent (which fades fairly quickly). A true winner!

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

7 years ago

This mousse is oddly watery and produces rather mediocre results. And yet I would buy it again. Why, you ask? Because it smells amazing! And the yummy coconut aroma lasts for hours. So, think of it less as a styling product and more as a hair perfume.

About reviewer (539 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

I love the smell and consistency of this mousse. It's light and not sticky. I use it in my hair when it's wet and then twist my hair around my fingers to enhance my natural curls. I would recommend this mousse because it's natural and does its job well without being a sticky mess. I've also found it doesn't leave any residue. The packaging is very cute too. Sort of like an egg. It has a simplistic, modern design and it is in a plastic bottle, whereas most mousses I've seen come in a can.

About reviewer (167 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Curly, Medium

8 years ago

Finally I have found my HG hair product!! I bought this as I wanted the Organix Argan Oil shampoo and there was an offer on of two products for £8 so picked this up because I love coconut scented products.. didn't really expect much of it but oh my I have been proven wrong. I have wavy-ish hair that I like to let air dry. My hair is in pretty good condition although it varies on a daily basis as to how nice it looks when it dries, sometimes it goes lovely and wavy/curly and other times it dries with huge kinks and looks horribly messy - I also have the issue that sometimes my hair can be a bit flat. For years now I have been searching for that product which I can put into damp hair and then just leave my hair alone and that will give my hair that extra bit of volume I need while also making my hair go lovely and wavy and keep frizz at bay. I may have been looking for a little bit too much from one product so needless to say I have gone through countless different products, from sea salt sprays to leave-in gels to serums. But alas finally I have found just the product i have been searching for! This mousse, at first does not appear promising as it comes out very watery, but I find that makes it easier to run through my hair evenly. It makes my hair frizz-free and accentuates my hair's waviness while adding body to my hair. I find that it makes my hair super soft although sometimes, and this is my only negative for the mousse, I don't like this as it goes so soft that it gets to that unmanageable stage. This stuff also smells gorgeous but sadly the scent doesn't last for long on my hair. Overall an AMAZING hair product!!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

2.0

8 years ago

I bought this product looking for a good mousse that would keep my curly from being frizzy, but not make it hard. I chose this because I have already tried the Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum, and that worked wonders on my hair. I really like the smell of this, but it comes out sort of watery, and didn't do much to prevent frizz, plus the bottle leaked at the store, and I had to go back and get another one. But, it did make my hair feel soft.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

2.0

8 years ago

I ended up using this product as a foam to reset my curls. The scent of this product is nice but I could of have done the same thing with a spray bottle of water. This product had very little hold factor for me as a hair mousse.This is more of a product for someone who prob doesnt need a high factor of hold or doesnt like that heavy hair product feel in thier hair.

About reviewer (295 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily

HairBlack

8 years ago

A light mousse which helps define my wavy hair and smooth the frizzies without being stiff or sticky. Very nice!

About reviewer (42 reviews)

Age44-55