Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser

Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser

Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl, Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Ascorbic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil (Borago Officinalis), Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract (Citrus Grandis), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract (Orange Yu), Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Extract (Citrus Tangeria), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Larrea Divaricata Extract, Glycerin, PEG-8 Dimethicone, PEG-8 Ricinoleate, Citric Acid, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Limonene, Linalool

on 2/4/2017 5:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Smells nice, nothing special imo. Didn't break me out or dry out my skin but not strong enough to remove my sunscreen so I could only use this as a morning cleanser. Would not repurchase.

on 9/26/2016 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is one of my favorite cleansers. While this really does the trick without drying out the skin...it is the smell that puts this near the top of my list. I have found that with OLE HENRIKSEN in general, the products are as much about the "experience" of using them, as they are about doing their work.

on 9/6/2016 4:17:00 PM

On Sephora.com, the product description states, "This creamy, foaming, antioxidant-rich cleanser gently cleanses, nourishes, and hydrates. It deeply purifies and pampers skin, infusing delicate nourishment with African red tea, a youth-restoring antioxidant to strengthen skin, vitamin C to brighten and firm, and borage seed oil to soothe and nourish. Bright and energizing citrus extracts of grapefruit, orange, and tangerine purify and intoxicate the skin senses."

My personal belief is that very few cleansers do everything they promise -- as the name would suggest, I think most of them just clean, and some better than others (there are the unfortunate ones that make me break out). As such, I wasn't surprised in the least that this particular cleanser didn't noticeably "nourish," "hydrate," "strengthen," "brighten and firm" or "soothe and nourish." It did clean, but no better than a much cheaper one from Target or Boots, hence the three stars. One pump was fine for the morning, and I usually went for two in the evening. I do double cleanse, though, so your mileage might vary in terms of how thoroughly it removes your makeup.

I think $30 for this cleanser is extremely overpriced, but I used a 1.5 oz bottle that came in a Sephora 500 point reward. Using it twice a day, it lasted me roughly 5 - 6 weeks. I wouldn't buy it again, but it was fine to use while traveling.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this cleanser! It lasts forever since it pumps up so fluffy and foamy. It is gentle and pleasant smelling. It effectively removes makeup without stripping the skin. I keep it in the shower. I have slightly dry skin and it does not dry me out. Nice cleanser!

on 8/24/2016 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I like this in summer, it's leaves my skin feeling clean but not stripped dry. I would prefer the foam itself to feel a bit thicker with more substance. In winter I prefer creamier cleansers.

on 6/10/2016 11:46:00 AM

I really like this face wash. The pump/bottle isn't the best, but most foaming-type cleansers come in this style of bottle and they all come across the same issues of getting a little clogged.

I buy the sample/travel size bottles of this since water tends to get into them in my shower I don't wanna ruin an entire big bottle...plus the small ones last forever anyway.

I find this cleanser to be effective and gentle at the same time and doesn't strip my skin. I use it at night in the shower and it's gentle enough that I can put it directly on my eyes (with them closed) to dissolve my eye makeup (which it does an amazing job of).

It smells nice and has great ingredients (not on your skin long enough to make a difference, but still nice to know there are wholesome ingredients in it).

I will continue to repurchase. Other foaming cleansers (including Neutrogena) have broken me out...not this one.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Run of the mill cleanser. I wish it cleansed better. I have sensitive skin, but it didn't dry me out or break me out. Would not buy again.

on 3/5/2016 10:08:00 PM

This product was so-so for me. It felt like the run of the mill cleanser. My skin didn't feel particularly "clean" after using this product. It actually felt like there was still a little but of residue? Or some sort of film on my skin after I was done. I usually like my skin feeling squeaky clean after I wash it...this didn't do that. The smell is a little weird, but it didn't bother me too much. I did use this product with a face brush at night and without during the morning. It's probably in my head, but it also felt like I broke out a little more than usual using this product. I wouldn't buy this product again just because I felt like it didn't really do too much for me.

This is my go to cleanser that I bought on a whim, and I'm so happy I decided to give it a try. In the past, foaming cleansers haven't done much for me, but this one really feels like it deep cleans without stripping my skin. It's soothing, but thoroughly cleans at the same time. Excellent scent too, a nice citrus that's both light and invigorating at the same time. It feels really smooth on my skin, and the foam is just the right thickness and consistency for an easy lather. It didn't radically change my skin, but it's just a really reliable and trusty cleanser I've kind of stuck to ever since I first tried it. I've been through about three bottles now, and when I don't use it my skin care routine feels incomplete. My only gripe is that I seem to go through this faster than my other (non-foaming) cleansers, and it's a bit pricey for how often I seem to be replacing it.

I purchase the travel size of this cleanser. The citrus scent is invigorating. Its a nice way to get the morning started. I also enjoy the foam that comes out of the pump. Its different then all the cleanser I used before. Its cleanses with out stripping the skin. I love this cleanser. Not anything to complain about beside the price.my new favorite