Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser

Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser

Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl, Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Ascorbic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil (Borago Officinalis), Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract (Citrus Grandis), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract (Orange Yu), Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Extract (Citrus Tangeria), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Larrea Divaricata Extract, Glycerin, PEG-8 Dimethicone, PEG-8 Ricinoleate, Citric Acid, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Limonene, Linalool

on 6/10/2016 11:46:00 AM

I really like this face wash. The pump/bottle isn't the best, but most foaming-type cleansers come in this style of bottle and they all come across the same issues of getting a little clogged.

I buy the sample/travel size bottles of this since water tends to get into them in my shower I don't wanna ruin an entire big bottle...plus the small ones last forever anyway.

I find this cleanser to be effective and gentle at the same time and doesn't strip my skin. I use it at night in the shower and it's gentle enough that I can put it directly on my eyes (with them closed) to dissolve my eye makeup (which it does an amazing job of).

It smells nice and has great ingredients (not on your skin long enough to make a difference, but still nice to know there are wholesome ingredients in it).

I will continue to repurchase. Other foaming cleansers (including Neutrogena) have broken me out...not this one.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Run of the mill cleanser. I wish it cleansed better. I have sensitive skin, but it didn't dry me out or break me out. Would not buy again.

To Read all 80 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/5/2016 10:08:00 PM

This product was so-so for me. It felt like the run of the mill cleanser. My skin didn't feel particularly "clean" after using this product. It actually felt like there was still a little but of residue? Or some sort of film on my skin after I was done. I usually like my skin feeling squeaky clean after I wash it...this didn't do that. The smell is a little weird, but it didn't bother me too much. I did use this product with a face brush at night and without during the morning. It's probably in my head, but it also felt like I broke out a little more than usual using this product. I wouldn't buy this product again just because I felt like it didn't really do too much for me.

This is my go to cleanser that I bought on a whim, and I'm so happy I decided to give it a try. In the past, foaming cleansers haven't done much for me, but this one really feels like it deep cleans without stripping my skin. It's soothing, but thoroughly cleans at the same time. Excellent scent too, a nice citrus that's both light and invigorating at the same time. It feels really smooth on my skin, and the foam is just the right thickness and consistency for an easy lather. It didn't radically change my skin, but it's just a really reliable and trusty cleanser I've kind of stuck to ever since I first tried it. I've been through about three bottles now, and when I don't use it my skin care routine feels incomplete. My only gripe is that I seem to go through this faster than my other (non-foaming) cleansers, and it's a bit pricey for how often I seem to be replacing it.

I purchase the travel size of this cleanser. The citrus scent is invigorating. Its a nice way to get the morning started. I also enjoy the foam that comes out of the pump. Its different then all the cleanser I used before. Its cleanses with out stripping the skin. I love this cleanser. Not anything to complain about beside the price.my new favorite

on 12/1/2015 2:42:00 PM

This cleanser is MEH. It does an okay job but honestly there's nothing special about it for the price. I'm willing to spend a little more for a cleanser if it's worth it, but this one is not.

My overall impression is that this cleanser is a little on the wimpy side. I prefer something that leaves my face feeling a bit cleaner.

This one just doesn't do it for me. Won't buy it again.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got this in an OH set and I didn't expect to like it with my experience with foaming cleansers, so this left me pleasantly surprised! The foam comes out nice and thick, but isn't too heavy and is a creamy foam to spread around to spread around on your face. 'Creamy foam' like when you lather a nice moisturizing body wash onto a pouf. It removes my mineral makeup well enough, but I'd use another cleanser or my remover if I were wearing eye makeup or mascara, but I usually don't, so it's a non-issue.
Best part is that it's SUPER gentle and non-drying. The other foam cleansers I've tried have been too harsh and drying, and other 'gentle' cleansers either did not remove makeup, or were still too harsh. This leaves my skin feeling clean, but hydrated. Good for use daily with just hands, and I use it occasionally with my clarisonic or a konjac sponge if I want that extra exfoliation.
Note: I have sensitive skin, but usually have only a little acne. This did not aggravate acne when I have it, but it doesn't do anything to help it either (and it doesn't claim to, so don't expect miracles).

on 9/27/2015 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a nice foaming face wash. The scent is nice and light, it does leave my skin refreshed and soft, and clean everything. When using a toner after that, my cotton pad doesn't pick up any dirt left behind. I will not repurchase because this is really too expensive, and I think it's flushing money down the drain, but if you want to splurge on a face wash, this might be one to consider!

on 7/16/2015 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I received this as a gift with purchase.
I have used it nightly for 2 weeks.
I like everything about it.
The skin on my face feels perfect after washing and ready for whatever i choose to apply next.
I would purchase the full size if I believed in spending $$ on a facewash but I don't.
I think spending a lot of money on something that you rinse off immediately is money wasted
But, if price wasn't an issue, I would buy this for sure..

I use this as my morning cleanser because it's light and citrusy. However, I don't find it to be anything special and don't notice any big difference in my skin, so I would not repurchase.