shu uemura H9 Hard Brow Pencil - Seal Brown

Filtered by eye Color : Green

Hydrogenated castor oil, stearic acid, cera microcristallina / microcrystalline wax, candelilla cera / euphorbia cerifera (candelilla wax), carnauba / copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, rhus succedanea / rhus succendanea fruit wax, hydrogenated coconut oil, hydrogenated palm kernel oil, hydrogenated palm oil [+/- May contain: mica, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499 / iron oxides, CI 77891 / titanium dioxide]

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The Shu Ueumura H9 Hard Brown in Seal Brown is by far the best eyebrow pencil for girls who already have bushy eyebrows to work with. This is definitely for girls who have a good set of brows to begin with, as the formula will not allow you to draw in precise hairs or give sharp lines. The formula reacts with the oil in brow hairs and releases the pigment through the interaction with the oils. So if you try and test it on your hand you won't get much pay off as hands have less oil on the skin in those areas. So for girls who already have bushy eyebrows and are just looking to beef them up with colour, this product is great. I hated with I would use a brow pencil and it would go all over my skin. With this, it doesn't do that. It just clings to the hairs and makes them more full and defined.

An excellent brow pencil. The color is ashy enough to work well for most blonds and brunettes. The key is to use very light strokes. The formula is what makes this pencil so great. Its hard to swatch, but when pencil interacts with the oils is your skin it can leave behind a light color. As others have said... the pencil lasts a long time, making it a very good value. Shu Uemura is no longer sold at counters in the US, but can be purchased from their website. I will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Holy grail for me. Before reading about this, I used other pencils, that mostly ended up being too creamy, too pigmented, too brown, too dark, too warm, too red, too obvious. If you like using a pencil to define your brows (sometimes I find eyeshadows require more work), this is it. I have dark blonde brows and brown hair and this cool shade is perfect for me. The fact that the lead is hard makes it very easy to control and forgiving, and it doesn't budge all day. It's not cheap (20 euros in Italy), but I've had it for a year and a half now, I use it every single day and I still have plenty, so it makes a pretty good investment. I will always keep buying this.

I wish I could remember when I bought this, but it was so long ago - maybe 2 years? Point being, I'm still on my original pencil. That's how long this lasts. As the other reviewers have noted, it's best applied in short, soft strokes to look natural. This pencil is a bit magical in that it blends in with a variety of brow colors; I've used it when my brows were bleached and when they were dark. Looked good with both. Ditto my friend who has naturally brown brows. It's quicker than powder or wax and while it does tend to vanish within 6 or so hours on me, I find that only really obvious and stiff products last long on my brows. So I can't complain. I've stopped trying other brow products entirely. This is just too perfect, fast, cheap and gives really natural, well-groomed brows.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Please click "Continued" below for pics!

This is an HG for me on the scope of Urban Decay Primer Potion for me. It's unbelievable and I don't think i'll ever be without this again. If for some crazy reason they discontinue it, I will buy 10. I would buy more but that will last me more than a lifetime. You'll see what I mean.

COLOR:This is a cool greyed brown pencil, i can see it looking great on almost everyone's brows from black brows, brunettes, dark auburn, dark, and even light blonde. It's a bit of a chameleon and it works really well for my dark brown hair that has strong red tones in the sun

TEXTURE: The pencil is, of course, very hard, but it doesn't tug very much. It will not write on your hand, but introduce it to an area that has hair and/or hair folicles and this baby moves. It doesn't melt onto skin, or smoosh, it just lightly adds some really believable strokes to your existing brows. My brows are starting to thin out a bit, especially near the outer edges, and i've gotten a few compliments just in the past week from people saying my brows look great. If they only knew....

PACKAGING: This is about 50% or more longer than most pencils I use. I have included a pic of this pencil, unsharpened, next to a MAC Powerpoint unsharpened, at the bottom of this review. After 5 or six uses the point on my pencil is still almost as sharp as it was when I received it and so I can imagine this lasting literally a few years.

WEAR: This stays on all day for me. You can cut off a portion of this huge pencil and sharpen it for touch ups on the go, but I haven't needed it, and i'm very oily. I add a little clear gel to mine sometimes which i imagine helps.

PRICE: $22 USD isn't much money for the amount of product that you get and the amazing results IMO. By the time you use this up, you would have been through 5 or 6 regular brow pencils, and whether you get those at the drugstore or not, I'll bet you're paying more than $22. Furthermore, I got this during Friends and Family, so I got 20% additional off plus free shipping, so I feel like it was the steal of the century

OVERALL: This is an HG of HGs for me, it is as phenomenal as UDPP for me and i will also never be caught without that. I wanted to try this for a long time and i'm so glad I finally did. I had been somewhat disappointed with Shu e/s that I've tried but still HAD to try this. If I were you, and I had any hair color, except red, that was darker than medium blonde, I would try this at least once. If for some crazy reason you don't like it, it will surely swap well!

Here is a pic comparing the size of the pencil (unsharpened) to a MAC Powerpoint (also unsharpened):

A pic with the pencil on one brow, the other w/o anything:

And also a pic of it on my brows:
continued >>