shu uemura H9 Hard Brow Pencil - Seal Brown

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

4.6

Hydrogenated castor oil, stearic acid, cera microcristallina / microcrystalline wax, candelilla cera / euphorbia cerifera (candelilla wax), carnauba / copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, rhus succedanea / rhus succendanea fruit wax, hydrogenated coconut oil, hydrogenated palm kernel oil, hydrogenated palm oil [+/- May contain: mica, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499 / iron oxides, CI 77891 / titanium dioxide]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow, I really don't know what it is about Shu Uemura, but it makes my skin completely eat itself. This eyebrow pencil is alright, though you have to press really hard to get color and I think in that case you lose some precision. But jeez, after using this for a week or so my eyebrows developed all of these white bumps that looked like whiteheads. I stopped for a while and then tried it again one or two days and my eyebrow skin went nutso again. This same thing happens to me with Shu Uemura foundation. I love their makeup, but what gives??

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The length is so long that it isn't very easy to use but it is still a good product. I was holding it too far back and therefore not getting a decent grip to precisely shade my brows. Hold this closer to the front and it will deliver a warm brown color that goes well with my hair. I would repurchase definitely.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I am a brow fanatic and am always getting complimented on them. I have naturally full Asian brows but there are some bold spots and I prefer a sharp defined arch and tail. However, sometimes I prefer a more soft, natural look and that's where this pencil comes in. Doesn't give a lot of pigmentation so it takes me a while to do my brows using this pencil. In natural light my brows look amazing and NATURAL. I've used this for two weeks and it doesn't even look like I've used it. I have naturally dark brown hair but it's been dyed reddish plum. The color Seal Brown can be used on almost any hair color and still look good imo. Don't be alarmed at the grayish color because it doesn't come across as cool toned ashy gray when applied.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Worth every penny! I love this! I loved it even more when it was shaped like a naginata blade but there's no Shu Uemura here in Switzerland and I failed so bad at sharping it with a cutter (and succeeded in breaking the hard mine yes screw me). So now it's pointy. But it's still so good though. I just draw my eyebrows differently.

I bought it in Malaysia. For reasons, Shu Uemura attracts me and I love eyebrows. I ended up getting this because I like the concept of a hard pencil for eyebrows. The guy at the counter advised me to get the seal brown colour because it matches my skin tone the best. My hair was just slightly dyed in a washed-off copper brown (you know that old dye colour we keep huh) at the end of the strands but my natural hair growing out is that Asian deep-brown-almost-black. The pencil's got a neutral tone on my skin; it's neither warm nor ashy. It's perfect!

It is not waterproof. The ends of the drawn eyebrows gets less sharp at the end of the day, but well, maybe because of the humid weather and my gross amount of sweat of the summer. It stands better if I powder them after drawing.

It is pricey on the purchase but it lasts very long, so it's relatively expensive. No matter what, I will repurchase this!

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've used this pencil in Stone Grey and Seal Brown. I find both are suitable for people with dark Asian hair for myself but use Seal Brown now that I've dyed my hair lighter.

This pencil is amazing, my brows always look natural and no one can tell I've drawn my brows on unless I tell them. I'm heavy handed with my pencils so a spoolie is essential to soften the look but if you are light handed you shouldn't have a problem.

It's a super long pencil and hardly ever needs sharpening so although it costs £16.50, it is worth it in the long run because it'll last ages!

I decided against getting it sharpened into the naginata shape because not everyone at my my local Shu Uemura is trained to sharpen them (which is very annoying if you're made to make several trips to get your bloody pencil sharpened) but the pencil works just as well as a regular shaped pencil. In fact I actually prefer it because I can draw the arches and ends of my brows easier.

The pencil definitely transfers easier on moisturised skin so if your brows are a little oily, they will turn out darker. I recommend lightly powdering your brows to prevent over drawing your brows.

Overall, I highly highly highly recommend this brow pencil!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

I have this pencil for 3 months and it still loooonggg way to go. before I use retractable brow pencil and after having she uemura I realise what a waste a money for retractable pencil. I have a very fine eyebrow, and still not enough to plug it. and I did brow embroidery and still my eyebrow is fine as always. I use she uemura when I start my day, and it stays put! I don't think I need sharpen it like japanese style, I just sharpen it using sharpener and it works. Its waterproof, and natural. More importantly. it is a saviour for my pocket money. for the price, I think Its worth the money regarding the product I've got. the packaging is simple, nice, no complain about this baby. Its always ready on my makeup pouch, but i don't use it for touch up, because it has a good quality of staying power.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I use No.05, it gives my brows a very very natural and soft looking.

I love this brow pencil! It looks so natural, I've had a friend look closely at my face and been unable to tell I was wearing brow pencil. I've had mine for probably 5 years, and it's still probably 3/4 of the original length. Best make up purchase ever.

My only gripe: I wish it was longer wearing. It will have worn off the ends of my eyebrows (I like to extend my brows laterally) by the end of the day, without fail. It's also not at all waterproof.

pricey, pricey, pricey but worth every penny!
hard 9/seal brown is a dark brown-black colour which goes on light, but buildable and hard to overdo. no hint of red here. it adds subtle and natural colour to my eye brows. lasting power - all day long. i would definitely repurchase, when i eventually run out! been using this eyebrow pencil every other day for over a year and i still have lots left. HG

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have a pea size bald spot at the beginning of my left brow.
This product mimic the hair and depending on how hard I pressed it on the skin, will either be darker or lighter, followed with stroking by an eyebrow brush to look even more hair-realistic.
I had it sharpened at the Shu counter, they called it the Shinto cut or something like that, which to me, is a gimmick because it waste a lot of product. Now, I just use a pencil sharpener.
The only complaint I have is the cap, you think Shu will have the common sense to use a soft (flexible) plastic as a cap instead of a hard (brittle) one. Mine never fit snuggly to the pencil and eventually cracked and became useless.
With the rate I am using it, will probably last 10 years. By the time, either I will die of old age or something better will come out. So, no re-purchase for me.