shu uemura H9 Hard Brow Pencil - Seal Brown

Filtered by hair type : Straight

4.7

Hydrogenated castor oil, stearic acid, cera microcristallina / microcrystalline wax, candelilla cera / euphorbia cerifera (candelilla wax), carnauba / copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, rhus succedanea / rhus succendanea fruit wax, hydrogenated coconut oil, hydrogenated palm kernel oil, hydrogenated palm oil [+/- May contain: mica, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499 / iron oxides, CI 77891 / titanium dioxide]

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I am a brow fanatic and am always getting complimented on them. I have naturally full Asian brows but there are some bold spots and I prefer a sharp defined arch and tail. However, sometimes I prefer a more soft, natural look and that's where this pencil comes in. Doesn't give a lot of pigmentation so it takes me a while to do my brows using this pencil. In natural light my brows look amazing and NATURAL. I've used this for two weeks and it doesn't even look like I've used it. I have naturally dark brown hair but it's been dyed reddish plum. The color Seal Brown can be used on almost any hair color and still look good imo. Don't be alarmed at the grayish color because it doesn't come across as cool toned ashy gray when applied.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've used this pencil in Stone Grey and Seal Brown. I find both are suitable for people with dark Asian hair for myself but use Seal Brown now that I've dyed my hair lighter.

This pencil is amazing, my brows always look natural and no one can tell I've drawn my brows on unless I tell them. I'm heavy handed with my pencils so a spoolie is essential to soften the look but if you are light handed you shouldn't have a problem.

It's a super long pencil and hardly ever needs sharpening so although it costs £16.50, it is worth it in the long run because it'll last ages!

I decided against getting it sharpened into the naginata shape because not everyone at my my local Shu Uemura is trained to sharpen them (which is very annoying if you're made to make several trips to get your bloody pencil sharpened) but the pencil works just as well as a regular shaped pencil. In fact I actually prefer it because I can draw the arches and ends of my brows easier.

The pencil definitely transfers easier on moisturised skin so if your brows are a little oily, they will turn out darker. I recommend lightly powdering your brows to prevent over drawing your brows.

Overall, I highly highly highly recommend this brow pencil!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

I have this pencil for 3 months and it still loooonggg way to go. before I use retractable brow pencil and after having she uemura I realise what a waste a money for retractable pencil. I have a very fine eyebrow, and still not enough to plug it. and I did brow embroidery and still my eyebrow is fine as always. I use she uemura when I start my day, and it stays put! I don't think I need sharpen it like japanese style, I just sharpen it using sharpener and it works. Its waterproof, and natural. More importantly. it is a saviour for my pocket money. for the price, I think Its worth the money regarding the product I've got. the packaging is simple, nice, no complain about this baby. Its always ready on my makeup pouch, but i don't use it for touch up, because it has a good quality of staying power.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I use No.05, it gives my brows a very very natural and soft looking.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is definitely the BEST eyebrow product for dark brown/black hair asians! If you are into the Korean natural makeup look, this is the colour for you. The colour matches my natural black hair colour PERFECTLY. When it is bought from the shop, the pencil head is sharpened to a tapered shape resembling a blunt blade, It makes it SO easy to draw and define my eyebrows with this. Just shade with small light strokes along with your eyebrows and use a eyebrow brush to even the colour. Shu Uemura shops in Singapore provides free post-purchase service of shaving the pencil head into a blunt blade. My HG eyebrow pencil!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have a pea size bald spot at the beginning of my left brow.
This product mimic the hair and depending on how hard I pressed it on the skin, will either be darker or lighter, followed with stroking by an eyebrow brush to look even more hair-realistic.
I had it sharpened at the Shu counter, they called it the Shinto cut or something like that, which to me, is a gimmick because it waste a lot of product. Now, I just use a pencil sharpener.
The only complaint I have is the cap, you think Shu will have the common sense to use a soft (flexible) plastic as a cap instead of a hard (brittle) one. Mine never fit snuggly to the pencil and eventually cracked and became useless.
With the rate I am using it, will probably last 10 years. By the time, either I will die of old age or something better will come out. So, no re-purchase for me.

Oh H9, where have you been all my life?

This is really the only brow pencil you'll ever need. I cringed a bit about paying this much for a brow pencil, but I've had this for a couple months now and I have YET to sharpen it. It is so natural looking and totally not waxy like other pencils I've tried.

The color matches my medium/dark brown hair perfectly and is pretty universally flattering.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this product after reading the reviews on MUA and other beauty blogs. I had been using Shiseido's brow pencil in natural black but have been unsatisfied with the results; it no longer looks natural on me. This Shu Uemura pencil is so much better due to the way it is sharpened and the formula. I've noticed that my brows look less penciled in and a lot more natural, and my sister who is my biggest critic also agrees. As for the colour, I had the sales associate try on both seal brown and stone black on me, and after some hemming and hawing I went with the brown. They both look really natural; I just picked brown because it looks a tad less harsh on me. It can look a little red under some lighting, but not overly so. Overall I'm glad I gave this a try! I might get the stone black one in the future just to mix things up.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

They don't sell Shu Uemura in Spain, so I when I went to England, I picked up a couple. They sharpened them at the counter for me too. So far they've lasted me 8 months without having to be sharpened!

Seal brown is perfect for my skin tone (medium tan/NC42, brown eyes and black hair). My HG for my brows.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I don't know how I've ever lived without this. It is absolutely perfect in every way. The colour, consistency, and longevity is amazing. I can do my brows SO quickly now, and they last through rain, sweat, and everything else. I really appreciate the special shape that it is cut (courtesy of my Shu SA), as it makes it a lot easier to use than traditionally cut pencils. The colour matches my brows perfectly and it just looks so natural. The pencil is also really long; I think it's about 50% longer than most eyeliner or eyebrow pencils (the length reminds me of Wet 'n Wild pencils). If this colour doesn't work out for you it comes in two other colours (at my counter, at least) so I highly recommend trying them out.

Popular Brows Products