shu uemura H9 Hard Brow Pencil - Seal Brown

Filtered by skin type : Oily

4.8

Hydrogenated castor oil, stearic acid, cera microcristallina / microcrystalline wax, candelilla cera / euphorbia cerifera (candelilla wax), carnauba / copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, rhus succedanea / rhus succendanea fruit wax, hydrogenated coconut oil, hydrogenated palm kernel oil, hydrogenated palm oil [+/- May contain: mica, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499 / iron oxides, CI 77891 / titanium dioxide]

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The best eyebrow pencil. Nothing really to add that hasn't been said already. Looks natural, great shade (no red tones) and easy to apply. Yes it is pricey for a pencil, but it lasts a long time, so actually works out at good value. Highly recommended.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My search for the perfect eyebrow pencil is over. If you dislike overly drawn, dark eyebrow makeup and want soft, defined natural eyebrows for asian makeup....THIS it a must have! I have tried virtually every formula there is for eyebrows: gels, wax, pencils, powder and nothing beats Shu Uemura's hard brow pencil

You will have to put a lot of pressure on this pencil to make it really obvious/ harsh. A little goes a long way and although it is pricey, it has been pricier for me to buy random japanese eyebrow pencils that costs $10-$15 at a time which will only last 2 months at the very most.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm asian and have black hair so I've been looking for a good brow powder or pencil. I've tried several brow powders (ie. Anastasia's powder duo in brunette) but they aren't the right color for me... too warm or reddish.

After reading reviews, I decided to buy the seal brown brow pencil. At first, it was really difficult to put on since I was so used to powders. But I gave myself a week to try it. I LOVE IT! At first I tried pushing hard, but that didn't work so I've been using the short stroke technique and it works. It looks so natural because it doesn't go on too dark like with powders I've tried.

I gave it 4 stars because it's a little tricky to put on and takes a little more time. Even with the short strokes, I don't see where I've filled in right away. I'll do one brow and then switch to the other... it seems like it takes a few seconds to show up for me. And then I'll have to continue going back and forth until I'm done. But I absolutely love it and my brows look great!

Someone mentioned this doesn't work if your brows are sparse. I have one little patch missing from my brow... which is taking forever to grow back. And with the brow powder I could never fill it in very well because the powder wouldn't stay. Like I said before, it takes a few strokes to fill in the empty patch... but once I'm done, it stays all day!

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this a few yrs back and i hated it cuz the color just wont show on my brows. I recently went to the counter and asked them abt it and it turns out i have been using this wrongly! THe KEY to using this is to use SHORT strokes. The color will be transferred to ur face and u will get really cute and nice brows =))

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Please click "Continued" below for pics!

This is an HG for me on the scope of Urban Decay Primer Potion for me. It's unbelievable and I don't think i'll ever be without this again. If for some crazy reason they discontinue it, I will buy 10. I would buy more but that will last me more than a lifetime. You'll see what I mean.

COLOR:This is a cool greyed brown pencil, i can see it looking great on almost everyone's brows from black brows, brunettes, dark auburn, dark, and even light blonde. It's a bit of a chameleon and it works really well for my dark brown hair that has strong red tones in the sun

TEXTURE: The pencil is, of course, very hard, but it doesn't tug very much. It will not write on your hand, but introduce it to an area that has hair and/or hair folicles and this baby moves. It doesn't melt onto skin, or smoosh, it just lightly adds some really believable strokes to your existing brows. My brows are starting to thin out a bit, especially near the outer edges, and i've gotten a few compliments just in the past week from people saying my brows look great. If they only knew....

PACKAGING: This is about 50% or more longer than most pencils I use. I have included a pic of this pencil, unsharpened, next to a MAC Powerpoint unsharpened, at the bottom of this review. After 5 or six uses the point on my pencil is still almost as sharp as it was when I received it and so I can imagine this lasting literally a few years.

WEAR: This stays on all day for me. You can cut off a portion of this huge pencil and sharpen it for touch ups on the go, but I haven't needed it, and i'm very oily. I add a little clear gel to mine sometimes which i imagine helps.

PRICE: $22 USD isn't much money for the amount of product that you get and the amazing results IMO. By the time you use this up, you would have been through 5 or 6 regular brow pencils, and whether you get those at the drugstore or not, I'll bet you're paying more than $22. Furthermore, I got this during Friends and Family, so I got 20% additional off plus free shipping, so I feel like it was the steal of the century

OVERALL: This is an HG of HGs for me, it is as phenomenal as UDPP for me and i will also never be caught without that. I wanted to try this for a long time and i'm so glad I finally did. I had been somewhat disappointed with Shu e/s that I've tried but still HAD to try this. If I were you, and I had any hair color, except red, that was darker than medium blonde, I would try this at least once. If for some crazy reason you don't like it, it will surely swap well!

Here is a pic comparing the size of the pencil (unsharpened) to a MAC Powerpoint (also unsharpened):

A pic with the pencil on one brow, the other w/o anything:

And also a pic of it on my brows:
continued >>